Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2019, 06:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

F1: Sauber to be named Alfa Romeo Racing from 2019

Sauber has officially changed their name to Alfa Romeo Racing for thr 2019 season.

Personally I fell it's good for the team as it brings in more recognition in the paddock and amongst the fans.
Also with Kimi back driving for them, they will be a strong contender in the midfield battles.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.sauber-become-alfa-romeo-racing-for-2019-f1-season.qitME3QrTxzCaiUXEBDNx.html
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 11:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: F1: Sauber to be named Alfa Romeo Racing from 2019

I don't know if I should be happy or sad. I am split.

On one hand, I am happy that Alfa Romeo is back, while on the other hand, I am sad that the name Sauber is out of F1.

I do understand that everything including the management remains the same and it is only the team name that has changed. But Sauber has been in F1 since 1993, and it is sad to see the name disappear.

But this name change could mean more money coming into the team from title sponsors Alfa Romeo, and Ferrari. Sauber-Alfa Romeo is nothing but a Ferrari B-team. This could help the team get back to their glory days. And by this, I mean glory days of both Alfa Romeo and Sauber.

The team made good progress in 2018. This year, with help from Ferrari and Kimi as one of their drivers, we could see them do even better.
Old 5th February 2019, 13:58   #3
BANNED

I expect more and more firms to adopt major corporate names. Motor racing is a matter of mega bucks, so only big corporates can afford it. I am happy to see the camouflage removed.
Old 21st February 2019, 08:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Happy to see Alfa Romeo's testing performance after three days.
Kimi has made the right move, with the Ferrari engine looking robust and reliable, he should be able to pull off some great results akin to his stint with Lotus F1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks