Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2019, 11:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Formula 1: The 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Open the hotstar app.
Go to sports.
Select Formula 1 when it goes live. For example, today it goes live 8.35 pm, so around that time it will be live.
I guess it may depend on the network too. On Jio its available this way.
The network is fine since I use Jio too and other channels stream the LIVE event except SSHD2. Thanks for your suggestion, I will try it today. Wouldn't want to miss another race.
Old 31st March 2019, 12:51   #17
BHPian

Qualifying visualised !

Formula 1: The 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix-f1visualised.png

source : https://twitter.com/f1visualized/sta...27388668465154
Night_Fury is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 15:21   #18
BHPian

And with Williams..

Formula 1: The 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix-dgltkxe.png

Congratulations to young Charles Leclerc for his maiden pole. Who would have thought he would start outperforming his 4 time WDC teammate on his second race for Ferrari! Although Vettel was probably hindered by not being able to do 2 runs in Q3, it was a mega effort from Charles Leclerc nonetheless.

Fingers crossed for the race.

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st March 2019 at 17:13. Reason: Don't use abbreviations for driver names. Thanks!
nair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 22:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

What a race and a great start to the season.

Feel so sorry for Charles,losing the race for no fault of his. He is looking far stronger than Vettel and Ferrari should give him the car to fight the championship instead of just supporting vettel

Hope Ferrari recover from this.
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 22:32   #20
BHPian

Oh my! What a race! So much action.

Heartbreaking for Leclerc. He may have lost the race but his incredible composure and maturity surely earned him many lifelong fans myself included. What a race by him! Utter dominance until tragedy struck. I am feeling so down watching it all go down for Leclerc.

Vettel seriously needs to up his game. He cannot be succumbing to pressure this early in the championship.

Last edited by nair : 31st March 2019 at 22:35.
nair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 22:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

I have this feeling that vettel will be gone from ferrari at the end of this season if he does not win the championship, period. But looking at things how they are, even coming second or third for him seems tricky.

I know its way too early to be running comments like this, but there's some kind of trend emerging the past few seasons and hence a prediction could be in order.

I do wonder though, who will replace him. Max anyone? Or will Lewis switch and end his career with Ferrari? It will be very difficult for ferrari fans to see vader jump into the car, lol. Both are however not good news for Leclerc. I think he has to make the best of this season.

I am returning to active F1 after the Schumacher era. I must say, its finally fun to watch again, but still not a patch on the schumacher/hakkinen jousts.

Last edited by Red Liner : 31st March 2019 at 22:44.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 22:45   #22
Team-BHP Support

Feel sad for Charles Eclair. He should have won this race.

Anyone knows how Vettel lost the front wing? Was it really due to vibrations the wing popped off.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 23:16   #23
BHPian

Great drive by the young Leclerc, until the disaster struck, even then he was composed to bring the car home. His overtaking of Bottas and Vettel, after falling back was remarkable. After the unlucky engine issues, there was some luck for him in the form of safety car, thanks to Renault's double retirement .

If the safety car was not deployed, Leclerc might have had a chance of running out of fuel due to the electrical energy not available. Renault's reliability issues costing RBR the podium once again .

Vettel losing it so early in the season is pathetic and kudos to the reigning champion to push him to the limit and as expected Vettel thrown it away when challenged. Where is the good old Vettel of RBR days?

Also, good drive by Norris for the 6th place earning the best of the rest title. Wait, where is Gasly, is he running a different car than Max? McLaren seems to be challenging the Renault and Haas cars this season and Alonso would have enjoyed the challenge more. Kimi, doing what he does best, when given a under performing car - brings it home 7th this time and is leading the driver race for the best of the rest.

Overall an entertaining race right from the start and eagerly looking forward to China now.
jpcoolguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 23:17   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This year DRS overtake is a little too easy. Vettel seems to buckle under pressure. No one attempted to regain the fastest lap from Leclerc.

Max must have been cursing his former teammate for the yellow flag and had Daniel Ricciardo left the steering wheel in the car, the race might not have finished behind the safety car.

That green DRS graphic is unnecessarily long and it hides the speed shown, it should not hide the real time speed telemetry. I could not see the speed for a good few seconds.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 23:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

What a season this is turning out to be! Anti-climatic in the end with another 1-2 for Mercedes, but LeClerc was in a different level compared to the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I have this feeling that vettel will be gone from ferrari at the end of this season if he does not win the championship, period. But looking at things how they are, even coming second or third for him seems tricky.

I know its way too early to be running comments like this, but there's some kind of trend emerging the past few seasons and hence a prediction could be in order.

I do wonder though, who will replace him. Max anyone? Or will Lewis switch and end his career with Ferrari? It will be very difficult for ferrari fans to see vader jump into the car, lol. Both are however not good news for Leclerc. I think he has to make the best of this season.

I am returning to active F1 after the Schumacher era. I must say, its finally fun to watch again, but still not a patch on the schumacher/hakkinen jousts.
In public, Ferrari seem to support Vettel, even saying he is their Number 1 driver, but after seeing today's race, i am not sure if that sentiment will persist for too long. A lot will depend on what happens from now on till the summer break though.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 31st March 2019 at 23:21.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 23:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Feel sad for Eclair, but then that is motor racing! But if he keeps going like this, we wouldn't have to wait long for that first win.

I thought the pressure got to him a bit during the formation lap and the start. He failed to dial in the necessary temperature and then lost out at the lights.

After that, he got his head down and was tremendous to get back to P1 and hold out the gap till the MGU-H gave up ghost. But got a bit lucky with the SC at the end - wouldn't have even made the top 10 had there been a restart.

Vettel is under immense pressure and it shows. Why is his car spinning so much?? And this time, there wasn't even a contact. If this goes on like this, he won't last that long at Ferrari. Mick was there at the garage today. Two academy proteges. Wow! That will be something. I am really getting carried away, aren't I?

Also, the coverage was sad today with Sky. No engine sound and the replay, cam angles were all wrong. Are we missing Charlie? Or are they prepping us for the all electric era??
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 23:55   #27
BHPian

Did Ricciardo not leave the steering wheel, after stopping the car? Source

Is it just a oversight by the honey badger or a intentional revenge against their former team?
Old 1st April 2019, 00:04   #28
BHPian

Photo of the day, courtesy of Vettel's near take off incident!
Could've been a scary accident, with an accelerating car & drs open.
Poor Williams & McLaren getting a face full of sparks.
Attached Thumbnails
Formula 1: The 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix-screenshot_20190331234854_formula-1.jpg  

Old 1st April 2019, 00:26   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Haven't yet seen the full race, but glad to see that normal transmission is restored.

What's with the pastries, guys? Inside joke?
Or maybe you haven't added leclerc to your swipe dictionaries yet??
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 00:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Well its going wrong for Ferrari again, they are 39 points down, two races into the championship. Leclerc deserved this win, he was phenomenal. Vettel needs to calm down, he would have lots of chances, don't know what went wrong. Ferraris were lucky to end P3 and P5. Much entertaining race, yet result is the same , Mercedes gaining huge advantage. The three point star is shining bright as always.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks