Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 11:38   #1
BHPian

2020 Rally Monte Carlo - 23rd to 26th Jan

The WRC 2020 season has kicked off in the twisty, curvy, icy and slippery stages of Monte Carlo! The iconic rally has often caught out drivers (and co-drivers) in the past. 16 stages spread over 4 days of action. Also hosts the icnoic Col de Turini SS (fans of Top Gear might recall JC, Hammond and May driving across on it in their supercars in Season 7).

2019 world champion Ott Tanak has joined forces with 2019 manufacturer's champion Hyundai WRC squad and their incredible i20 WRC.

Meanwhile, 6 times WC, the incredible Sebastien Ogier has launched an offensive in the Yaris WRC (with his trusty co-driver Julien Ingrassia) after leaving Citroen at the end of 2019 and joining Toyota WRC team (which narrowly missed out in the 2019 season). He also topped the shakedown sessions prior to the rally.

Should be an interesting and grueling fight between the giants Toyota, Ford and Citroen!

Belgian Thierry Neuville currently leads in the i20 WRC after SS2. More action to come over the weekend.
https://www.wrc.com/en/
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Rally Monte Carlo - 23rd to 26th Jan-img_4592.jpg  

ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 12:21   #2
BHPian

Re: 2020 Rally Monte Carlo - 23rd to 26th Jan

Ott Tanak was involved in a scary accident. Luckily, it seems like there were no serious injuries. This incident also shows how safe these cars are.

https://twitter.com/OttTanak/status/1220796376591818754
KL01toKA03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 17:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
Should be an interesting and grueling fight between the giants Toyota, Ford and Citroen!
https://www.wrc.com/en/
I think you meant to say Toyota, Ford and Hyundai. No Citroen for WRC fans this year.
Great pace from Neuville to clinch the win for Hyundai. Expecting Tanak to hit the ground running in sweden.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 17:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Ott Tanak was involved in a scary accident. Luckily, it seems like there were no serious injuries. This incident also shows how safe these cars are.
Yeah, thanks to the roll-cage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
I think you meant to say Toyota, Ford and Hyundai. No Citroen for WRC fans this year.
Great pace from Neuville to clinch the win for Hyundai. Expecting Tanak to hit the ground running in Sweden.
Yeah, and Ogier came back fighting to beat Evans for 2nd place. Tanak will definitely come back in Sweden.

You're right, I meant to say Hyundai, but so use to Citroen that it simply rolled off my tongue (or keys in this case ). I miss former Rally Sweden winner Latvala too, great talent but not consistent.

Last edited by ds.raikkonen : 29th January 2020 at 17:44.
Old 29th January 2020, 22:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
. I miss former Rally Sweden winner Latvala too, great talent but not consistent.
From all accounts Latvala is going to be back in a privately entered Yaris in Sweden. So we can see him for selected rallies this year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks