Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2020, 01:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1: 2020 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi (25-27 September)

Loving the great races we've been seeing these past few weeks.

- You've to love Ricciardo's attitude to his penalty, instead of complaining, he said, "I'll drive faster" .

- Bottas really did a good job. He kept his cool and went according to his strategy. Hamilton too did a great job, P3 after a 10-second penalty. However, I did not like his attitude to the Penalty. RedBull too doing a great job in a track which is difficult for them.

- The Renault duo was superb throughout the weekend and they delivered in the race very well too. But, what a fantastic job by Leclerc! He's pushing that car to his very limits despite knowing about all the issues. Even AlphaTauri with P8 & P9 are doing great jobs for a mid-field team.

- McLaren definitely had a bad day along with Haas, Alfa & Williams along with Vettel. I feel bad for Stroll & Sainz, they've had 2 consecutive DNFs after the podium in Monza. However, Perez is doing great! P4 with a car without the upgraded aero package and he was ahead of Stroll throughout FP & Qualifying too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Correction
Qualifying isn't available on HD2 but HD1
I stand corrected on that one, thank you! It usually is on Star Sports HD2, might be the effect of IPL(?)

Last edited by akash_v12 : 28th September 2020 at 01:24.
Old 30th September 2020, 20:31   #17
BHPian

Nice read about the controversy surrounding Hamilton's penalty. I agree to what the author has to say, especially regarding stewarding being a full time job.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/hamil...didnt-leclerc/
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 11:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
I stand corrected on that one, thank you! It usually is on Star Sports HD2, might be the effect of IPL(?)
Why don't you guys try Hotstar, easiest way to watch the race! It even has full FP, Qualy, Race reruns available afterwards so is amazing. Earlier I used to record the weekend on my TATA Sky box so as to watch as per my convenience but now it has been deemed redundant by Hotstar!

Coming back to the Russ GP, now it is clear that it will take 2 back to back penalties to keep Hamilton from winning a race. Also surprising was the performance deficit of Red Bull on this track due to the unique layout. Verstappen qualified 1.1 sec and finished 90 sec ahead of Albon! Russell did a fine job of defending though. Giovinazzi too had a stellar weekend and almost got into the points (though even Albon's 5 sec penalty did not help in the end). Turn 2 is perhaps one of the most ridiculous corners on the current calendar (like that chicane complex at Singapore where everybody used to trip over and was later smoothened out). Literally winced when Sainz smashed into the wall trying to re enter the circuit.

Can't wait for the Nurburgring race weekend, been a long time! Still remember that amazing wet race in 2007 when Kimi started on pole but retired in the middle and Massa - Alonso banged wheels, ultimately Alonso reigned supreme.
Old 1st October 2020, 11:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
Why don't you guys try Hotstar, easiest way to watch the race! It even has full FP, Qualy, Race reruns available afterwards so is amazing. Earlier I used to record the weekend on my TATA Sky box so as to watch as per my convenience but now it has been deemed redundant by Hotstar!
I watch it on Hotstar itself! The quality is quite good and full replays of the entire weekend is a boon!

Quote:
Can't wait for the Nurburgring race weekend, been a long time! Still remember that amazing wet race in 2007 when Kimi started on pole but retired in the middle and Massa - Alonso banged wheels, ultimately Alonso reigned supreme.
Superbly excited for the return of "The Green Hell", one of the best tracks after Spa IMO.
Old 1st October 2020, 14:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Superbly excited for the return of "The Green Hell", one of the best tracks after Spa IMO.
Yeah, pity the FIA removed the 'Hell' section of the 'Green Hell'! The F1 layout is quite tame as compared to the mighty full course. Still produces good races. Also, very low temperatures expected, around 10 deg C. Hoping Verstappen can take the fight to Mercedes.
ds.raikkonen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 22:21   #21
BHPian

Formula 1: 2020 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi (25-27 September)

Not liking the way Lewis is going. Every sport has bad umpiring decisions or calls. But he needs to move on from painting everything with same colour. It is getting sour.

As a Lewis fan and one who supported him at the start of the movement. I am disappointed . Victim card cannot be used as trump.

He has talent, he is good at racing and should move on to racing.
Old 2nd October 2020, 13:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Not liking the way Lewis is going. Every sport has bad umpiring decisions or calls. But he needs to move on from painting everything with same colour. It is getting sour.
Absolutely, questioning strategic calls of his race engineer/Jame Vowles is fine but he thinks he can question quite literally everyone and everything in the sport, including the marshals, race director etc.

Also anybody who comes close to questioning him about the whole 'T-shirt' episode gets labeled as a 'white supremacist' or something similar. He needs to stop the political BS and move on with on track action.

Should perhaps take a leaf out of Ricciardo who took his penalty in a sporting manner and vowed to push harder and make up for it, not crib about it and irritate his team.
Old 3rd October 2020, 17:53   #23
BANNED

Another boring race with Hamilton 3rd and Bottas first. Verstappen came in 2rd.

I hear that Honda are pulling out of F1 to concentrate of EVs.A shame. They were coming good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks