Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2021, 14:31   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Russian GP : Autodrom Igora Drive to replace Sochi in 2023

Russian GP will be moving over to Autodrom Igora Drive, a purpose built circuit just outside St. Petersburg from Sochi in 2023.

Link

Quote:
Autodrom Igora Drive was designed by Hermann Tilke and will replace Sochi – which has hosted F1 every year since it joined the calendar in 2014 on the site where it hosted the Winter Olympics the same year.

The venue was given Grade 1 status by the FIA at the end of 2020, clearing it to become the second ever Russian host of a Formula 1 Grand Prix.

It is 54km from St Petersburg and just 150km from the border of Valtteri Bottas and Kimi Raikkonen’s home country of Finland. It boasts 10 different track layouts over approximately 100 hectares.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 26th June 2021 at 14:33.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 14:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Russian GP : Autodrom Igora Drive to replace Sochi in 2023

I didn't know Russia had any plans to change the location, but I'm glad they're doing so. Sochi was nothing short of a borefest to say the least.

FANS Criticised, THEY changed. Just that it'll happen 9 years late. Igora Drive, though not too good, is still better than the 90-degree dominated Sochi.

This week has been good to F1. Track changes in some way or the other. First, Abu Dhabi and now an alternate track for Russia. France produced an amazing race this weekend and it has definitely gone up and is not a boring track for me anymore.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks