Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2022, 00:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari | 22-24th April, 2022

The race with what is probably the longest name of the entire year has returned! Imola, San Marino or Gran Premio Del Made In Italy E Dell'Emilia Romagna as it's now known has a lot of history to it. Be it the infamous incidents of 1994 or the battles that we've seen throughout the year. This year's race promises to be equally great thanks to prediction of rain for this weekend.

Schedule

2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari | 22-24th April, 2022-schedule.jpg

The Circuit

2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari | 22-24th April, 2022-track.jpg

Tyres

2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari | 22-24th April, 2022-tyres.jpg

Weather

Name:  Weather.JPG
Views: 265
Size:  33.3 KB

2021 Race Results

2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari | 22-24th April, 2022-2021rr.jpg

2022 Drivers Championship

2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari | 22-24th April, 2022-driver-championship.jpg

2022 Constructors Championship

2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari | 22-24th April, 2022-cc.jpg

akash_v12 is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 20:17   #2
BHPian

Re: 2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari | 22-24th April, 2022

What a weekend for Red Bull, completely dominated the track and maximum points for max (25 + 8 + 1) and great to see the Bulls finish 1-2 and not a DNF . Perez is becoming an absolutely amazing wing man to Max.

But sad to see Ferrari first loose Sainz in the Q3 and then again within the first lap in the race. Charles was so so close and was enjoyable seeing the fight between Charles and Perez, but Charles just got impatient. I was sure he had enough laps to eventually overtake Perez.

Was also interesting to see the fight in the midfield and especially in the last 15 laps between Bottas and Russel battling it out so closely. I almost expected a repeat of last year's GP when they crashed and had a tiff! Wonder what Toto must be thinking.

The Race was a bit boring at the fag end, especially since there was no rain to make things interesting but overall an enjoyable weekend.

Last edited by PGNarain : 24th April 2022 at 20:19.
Old 24th April 2022, 21:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix | Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari | 22-24th April, 2022

This was just the weekend the doctor ordered for Red Bull! Pole, win iin sprint, 1-2 in the race. And the cherry on the top is that Ferrari threw away a certain podium thanks to a unnecessary stop and and error from Leclerc. They ar currently 2nd in both the standings trailing 28 points and 13 points in the drivers and constructors championship respectively. Game on.

But the sprint and the race itself were quite entertaining. This year's regulations make it so much easier for identically matched cars to follow each other closely but still rely on the driver creativity to create and nail opportunities. case in point Verstappen's pass on Leclerc and the way Gasly used Albon to fend off Hamilton.

Vettel and Aston Martin finally opened the points tally but I think it was largely a benefit of the conditions rather than an outright improvement in the car.

Bottas in 5th just missing out on 4th was a great result and he is quite decently placed in the standings as well just 4 points behind Hamilton. Another couple of weekends like this and he would get ahead of Hamilton - quite the payback.

K-mag seems to have sharpened his game on his hiatus. Getting some decent points for Alfa Romeo. I think his choice of mediums for the sprint was quite wrong. Might have been better off with softs.

Riccardo and Sainz just can't catch a break. Both being eclipsed by their team members. You got to be there to take it and that just what Norris did. Picking the podium off an over eager Leclerc. Good returns for McLaren but I think they did have it in them for two cars in the points.

It is going to be a race of development with reliability in this season. The teams who can manage the balance best will prevail. Unlike last yera there is not need to teams to stop development till the last race if they have the moolah for it.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 21:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Driver of the day for me is Gasly. Placed the car just right, till the end.

Fantastic race.

Red Bull was better than Ferrari today.

K-Mag is collecting good points for HAAS.
parrys is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 07:52   #5
Team-BHP Support

A rather uneventful / boring race, barring the drama with the Ferrari twins. A burst of rain in the closing stages would have made it much more exciting. Leclerc must be livid! That said, he recovered very well, both from the spin itself, and then claiming some of the lost ground.

Brilliant start by Checo to take P2 right off the grid. What's with Kevin Magnussen?! - Guenther must be wondering how and why the stars are so well aligned.

The result for this race has done well to close some of the gap in both, the drivers and constructors, standings.
Old 25th April 2022, 08:03   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hamilton stuck behind Gasly reminded me of Abu Dhabi GP 2010 where Alonso got stuck behind Petrov all race. It looked like Gasly defended against Hamilton than trying to attack Albon. Sad to see a 7-time champion struggle like this and if that is not enough, Max lapped him as well.

Ferrari’s were unlucky today and this helped Red Bull to gain the points that they lost in Bahrain.

Excellent race for Bottas, he was mighty close to take the P4 from Russel.
Old 25th April 2022, 10:25   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Leclerc got done in because of the ridiculous DRS delay! I mean what the hell?!
Old 25th April 2022, 12:07   #8
BHPian

Number of threads for this GP suggests how "great" the race was. Nothing much to really comment except for a shout out to K-Mag, I'm beginning to like this guy.
Ham stuck behind Gasly, news is that Ham is still trying to overtake Gasly.
RB has really taken up the fight with Ferrari what a comeback, Sainz tad unlucky with that brush on Ricciardo.

Nothing else I can recollect worth mentioning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks