Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2022, 23:19   #31
BHPian

Re: 2022 Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix | Zandvoort Circuit | 02 - 04 September

This season is pretty much done and dusted as far as the Drivers and Constructors champion are concerned. Mercedes was a no show while Ferrari , in-spite of having a decent car, shot themselves in the foot on multiple occasion. Hope next year's season is far more competitive.
Old 6th September 2022, 12:31   #32
BHPian

Re: 2022 Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix | Zandvoort Circuit | 02 - 04 September

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
This season is pretty much done and dusted as far as the Drivers and Constructors champion are concerned. Mercedes was a no show while Ferrari , in-spite of having a decent car, shot themselves in the foot on multiple occasion. Hope next year's season is far more competitive.
That's true. Battle for 4th in constructors race is to watch for. Also the kind of consistency both Mercedes drivers are showing, team might take 2nd position, with Ferrari in third.
Old 6th September 2022, 16:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
That said what was Sebastien Vettel doing at the pit exit when Hamilton and Perez were fighting for positions.

Thanks to the Russian war, Italy is hosting 2 races this year. First race was hosted at Imola in the Liberation Day weekend in April (nicknamed Emilia Romagna GP). Next weekend race is hosted at Monza.
Its quite natural when a driver exits pit lane and merges into race track. It was unfortunate for Lewis, his old mate timed this entry to perfection. There was as light possibility of Checo pulling ahead of both of them, but track position was restored by some great racing in those few seconds.

Italy always had 2 races I think. Nothing to do with the war. It was in Monza last year Max and Lewis had the crash. I personally feel, that was the turning point in last years rivalry that ended in a beautiful Abu Dhabi las lap run!
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 22:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Its quite natural when a driver exits pit lane and merges into race track.
Not at the pit exit, but I was talking about not letting the 2 fighting drivers through.

Quote:
Italy always had 2 races I think.
The multiple races in Italy or Austria happened only after Covid-19.

Before Covid, its been quite a while since there was a race in Imola.

Imola used to host the San Marino GP. And San Marino GP probably happened in the 2000s.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 16:14   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Not at the pit exit, but I was talking about not letting the 2 fighting drivers through.
Being a Seb fan i might be biased
nonetheless, if you notice certain facts, this was a short paddock and pit lane. The speeds are 10kph slower than other race tracks in the pit lane. So when a car merges out into the track it needs to accelarate high and they are completely dependent on what the engineers are instructing them. Then, it goes into a right curve almost immediately, so in all effect he was probably just navigating his way.

Am eagerly waiting for the 'temple of speed' now. Its gonna be a cracker of a race this weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks