Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2007, 03:01   #1
BHPian

Spinners On F1 Car ? - Sean "Puffy" Combs' F1 Team

Alright now what the heck is goin on?
An F1 team owned by a rapper? <--- Link
You've got to be kidding, right? Well, he might be, but Sean "Puffy" Combs is reportedly considering buying a team. If car manufacturers, retired drivers, clothing labels and even beverage companies can own F1 teams, why can't a recording artist? In the fast-changing world of Formula One, if you've got the green, you can have the team. And nobody's more about the Benjamins than Puffy.

The notoriously impulsive hip-hop icon made the announcement that he intended to buy an F1 team at a party in London celebrating the launch of his new cologne, where he was seen spending most of the night talking with Lewis Hamilton. We'd be seriously surprised if Diddy actually went through with it, but at the very least this looks like the premise for a movie only slightly better than Soul Plane.
Feel free to post your jokes and speculation in the comments section below...just keep it tasteful!

(This news was sourced from Jalopnik/Autoblog and several other sites)

SO WHATS NEXT? BLING BLING??? F1 cars with spinners "they see me rollinn...they hatin" and suspension that'll bounce on the push of a button. Guys i'm finding this hilarious. What do you guys think. Ofcourse he's got a lot of money but can't imagine the rapstar f1 car thought! hahaaa

ALL YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE
Old 6th July 2007, 03:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Im not quite sure what you find so funny.

P Diddy is one of the best businessmen in the hip hop community. He wont be making any foolish purchases for sure.

After Lewis Hamilton making a HUGE mark in F1, P-Diddy buying a F1 team surely increases the presence of the black community in F1 and adds some much needed colour to the sport.
Old 6th July 2007, 03:32   #3
BANNED

For starters, will his team be named Daddy's Puff?
Will it make any great changes of how pit boo bee dolls look and behave?
Will we get free cds containing live commentary by Mr. Puff himself?
And most importantly, will we get a music video revealing what happens to the winning driver after he finishes his day job?
Old 6th July 2007, 04:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Rap stars are quite intelligent when it comes to investing their money and Puffy is no exception.

But I gave up on watching F1 long ago because it became more of a "lifestyle" thing than I cared. So I couldnt care less if tomorrow all the teams were owned from in & around hollywood. F1 is a joke, I dare say.
Old 6th July 2007, 10:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

I too second that because just take a look @ the sports scene and the music scene in the US ....they are everywhere and who else other than "Diddy"...Even @ the Inidanpolis race which Hammy won rapstars like "Pharrel" was seen in the paddock and take my word...these guys have strong bondage among themselves and have business acumen even "Trump" would loose out on some...Maybe the colored community through "Diddy" or whoever it is...should take the plunge now into this high profile sport..
Old 6th July 2007, 18:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
I too second that because just take a look @ the sports scene and the music scene in the US ....they are everywhere and who else other than "Diddy"...Even @ the Inidanpolis race which Hammy won rapstars like "Pharrel" was seen in the paddock and take my word...these guys have strong bondage among themselves and have business acumen even "Trump" would loose out on some...Maybe the colored community through "Diddy" or whoever it is...should take the plunge now into this high profile sport..
Speaking of coloured community I think his interest might also be fueled by motorsports being a white dominant sport. Thats one of the things i like about the A1 GP each car represents a nation be it colored or not.

@ Khanak - Dude i'm not doubting his ability on being a good businessman. The 'bling in F1' thought cracks me up thats all
Old 6th July 2007, 19:44   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A Bling Formula 1 car! Man, I love (and respect) P Diddy for his achievements and music. He is one guy who will take F1 pizzazz to a different level. Imagine pit garages with hip hop, strobes, funky paint jobs and...umm.... R&B babes.

But I dont think its realistic so will leave it here.
Old 25th July 2007, 20:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

david letterman co owns a nascar team..
so its not that far fetched !

its ridicuous if he wants to do it on his own..
but he could think of co-owning a team

doubt it will ever materialize
Old 26th July 2007, 00:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

How did people miss out on the Boom boxes sitting on the rear wing (for downforce), then at every turn there will be a hand sticking out "yo".

But on the serious part, there is nothing wrong. If we see the advent of the likes of Flavio Briatore, this does not look any different. However, could affect viewership! (Women's tennis viewership fell quite down with the advent of the "power" sisters)
Old 26th July 2007, 00:25   #10
BHPian

At the danger of going off topic, for a moment I thought someone is enquiring about the new wheelcaps/deflectors (for lack of a better word) being used by the Ferrari's lately.

Re. P Daddy, I do wish he buys out an F1 team. Surely it would be fun but I guess the most he can do is paint the car bright and put some jewels on to it... (anyone remember the diamond that was embedded on the Jaguar F1 car and lost on an accident couple of years ago IIRC ?)
Old 26th July 2007, 01:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
david letterman co owns a nascar team..
so its not that far fetched !
I agree but nascar is more of nation thing for people to own. People in the USA barely know international motorsports guys such as Nicky Hayden or Collin Edwards but everyone knows Dale Earnhardt etc. etc....
So there's a difference.
Old 26th July 2007, 10:27   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
At the danger of going off topic, for a moment I thought someone is enquiring about the new wheelcaps/deflectors (for lack of a better word) being used by the Ferrari's lately.

Re. P Daddy, I do wish he buys out an F1 team. Surely it would be fun but I guess the most he can do is paint the car bright and put some jewels on to it... (anyone remember the diamond that was embedded on the Jaguar F1 car and lost on an accident couple of years ago IIRC ?)
it was lost in monaco wasnt it?
Old 26th July 2007, 10:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
I agree but nascar is more of nation thing for people to own. People in the USA barely know international motorsports guys such as Nicky Hayden or Collin Edwards but everyone knows Dale Earnhardt etc. etc....
So there's a difference.

yea, i agree with "highwayblaze" that american people always seem to be oblivious about motorsports and if i can exaggerate ..it applies to other sports as well...Nicky Hayden's 2006 crown did not matter to many...or for that matter...in F-1 so many got unnoticed..JP Montoya and recently Scott Speed....i still dont understand why people are so much smitten with Nascar....360 degree rounds of 300+ laps...they got to be kidding
Old 28th July 2007, 03:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
yea, i agree with "highwayblaze" that american people always seem to be oblivious about motorsports and if i can exaggerate ..it applies to other sports as well...Nicky Hayden's 2006 crown did not matter to many...or for that matter...in F-1 so many got unnoticed..JP Montoya and recently Scott Speed....i still dont understand why people are so much smitten with Nascar....360 degree rounds of 300+ laps...they got to be kidding
The in general interest on anything outside is very limited. Even football is not that hyped up as Basketball between local teams. One thing I thought would have a big following, tennis, but when I go to the Tennis court I dont find anyone. Its always Basketball, that too not against each other, but only one basket and repeatedly basketing that from front of the box.

Very very strange. So F-1 or MGP not being well taken is quite logical. To most India is in Pakistan and we ride elephants to work.
Old 28th July 2007, 14:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Man, imagine Sean Combs and Ron Dennis bumping into each other in the paddock...that would be a sight!! Here is what me thinks might take place:

Ron: Sean, great to have you in F1.
Sean: I am lovin it here bro, are you my PR guy?
Ron: I think not. I run the team next to yours on the paddock, Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes to be precise.
Sean: heyy...gimme some love! (hugs a bemused Ron Dennis). Hey yo, why dont you come over to my pad(dock) after the race...we got a baddass pardy on..
Ron: Sure, I shall give it a thought. By the way, how are your drivers doing?
Sean: They got some great moves and them crowds love it man. They even sell my records when they are not doin their stuff.
Ron: (sweating by now) I wish you all the best Sean. And if you ever need Ferrari design secrets do not hesitate to call me.
Sean: (with a big cheeky smile) them files are sittin on my desk yo....but thanks for askin, you are the man Ron!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks