Team-BHP - Mcrae's Helicopter Crashes:No News whether he was onboard.EDIT: RIP McRae
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Mcrae's Helicopter Crashes:No News whether he was onboard.EDIT: RIP McRae (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/28878-mcraes-helicopter-crashes-no-news-whether-he-onboard-edit-rip-mcrae.html)

Quote:

A helicopter that crashed in rural Scotland today was registered to rally driver Colin McRae, it has been revealed.
Strathclyde Police said there were no survivors after the aircraft came down near Lanark this afternoon.It is not known whether the former world rally champion, who has a pilot's licence, was on board.
Police have said extensive damage was done to the twin squirrel helicopter and they were not immediately able to confirm how many people had been travelling in the craft.
Crash Helicopter Registered To McRae |Sky News|House Ads

Quote:

Two people are believed to have died in a helicopter crash near the Lanarkshire home of former World Rally Champion Colin McRae.
The helicopter came down at 1610 BST in Jervis Wood, about a mile from Lanark, and is understood to have caught fire.
Strathclyde Police said there were no survivors and that no further details about the victims would be released until Sunday.
Mr McRae, 39, is known to be a keen helicopter pilot.
The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) said it had been led to believe two people were on board the Squirrel aircraft.

However, Strathclyde Police said the helicopter damage was so bad they could not confirm how many were involved.
A police statement said: "Around 1610 BST on Saturday, 15 September 2007, emergency services were called to a helicopter crash in Jerviswood, east of the A73 at Lanark. "There are no survivors.
BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Glasgow and West | Copter crash near McRae property

OMG,i just hope he was not onboardplease:

'At least one dead' in helicopter crash | UK News | The Observer

Rally ace McRae feared dead in helicopter horror | the Daily Mail

Colin McRae feared dead in helicopter crash - Telegraph

StockHouse.com : Colin McRae feared dead in helicopter crash

Now times is saying that Mcrace was killed along with his 5 year old son.

Rally champion Colin McRae dies with son in helicopter crash - Times Online

I cant belive it.What an horrific day for Motorsport and his young family.truly bad if it is true.

Thats shocking. May their souls rest in peace.

It is mostly being confirmed that he was onboard with his son.I still cant believe it.Too bad.He was an exceptional racing driver.

OMG! NO! Not McRae. This is so very terrible.

terrible way to start the day. Our thoughts are with them.

How saddening. One of the best drivers WRC saw in a long time. May their souls RIP

bad news, real bad news......

****! Colin McRae was a great driver! May his sould rest in peace..

Still is being investigated. Let's hope for the best!

Ohno!! This is shocking!

Terrible news! A wonderful rally driver he was! An end to the Legend of Colin McRae.

Our consolidences with McRae's family members and close friends.

P.S. If its not confirmed yet, I'm praying that he survived along with his kid son!

cya
A

A great loss to the rallying world.
may his soul RIP.

May his soul rest in peace.

Sheesh... First Richard Burns and now Mcrae. Two of the best rally drivers the world has ever seen. I remember their competing spirit and their friendship off the rally-track. May God rest his soul in peace.

whats more disheartening is his son is also gone a future world champion...rest is peace colin and johnny mcrae