Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:11   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Probably because McLaren ran out of Ferrari information.
Actually Fonso forgot his 0.7 secs at home.

to be honest i was expecting Hamilton to get to 5th position quite easily,Michael got to 4th last year from 22nd and last(nearly lapped by Massa).Dosent look like he is good enough or maybe they forgot to program that.

BTW,Did anyone get tired of Slater running that stupid and wrong finishing order throughout the race,i did.He is a big bore.
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
As long as he finished ahead of Hamilton, don't think he'll give any excuse.
He actually didnt,Fonso is behind Hamilton in the WDC standings.He lost it when he whined too much.
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:15   #108
Senior - BHPian

So the Championsip comes back to Maranello. Will be great to see No. 1 and 2 on the red cars again. Brilliant drive by Massa throughout the race. His block on Hamilton was fantastic. Thats what team work is all about. And thats what Mclaren didnt have, Fonso tryin to out brake Hamilton. I was close watching both the BMWs and the Williams of Rosberg too. The last 8 laps of the race were nerve wrecking. And finally it was over.

Forza Kimi, Massa and Ferrari. It was certainly one race which should have been watched on big screen. The closest finish to a championship in recent times.

Congratulations Kimi Raikkonen 2007 Formula 1 World Champion.
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:18   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Shailu, bdn317, 2theMax, jassi & myself got the prediction right!

Congrats guys and Kudos to Ferrari & Kimi for the fantastic win![/i]

Ya... it was just as i predicted!! i have seen kimi loose the world chapion ship twice!! it hurt me a lot!! this time i was hoping for some miracle!! & guys!! the miracle took place today!! KIMI- the wild card, has won the championship!! really happy for him!!!

by the way guys, wanna tell u all something!!!

KIMI is the champ!! he did win it fair and square!!!
but i wud personally like to thank Felipe Massa, Nico Rosberg, Robert Kubica & Nick Heidfeld!! without their contribution, hamilton wud have easily clinched the title!!

So friends!! lets all thank the BMW & Williams-Toyota team & of course our own MASSA for their support!!!

Wat do u guys say???
bdn317 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:18   #110
Senior - BHPian

Yayyyyyyyyyy Kimi won Ferrari won Ferrari won FERRARI WON!!!

Followed by a nice after-race unscheduled bout between the Tifosi and 2 solitary McL supporters, at the pub we were at.
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:20   #111
Senior - BHPian

Great win for Kimi. There was a possibility of this happening but i'm sure nobody really thought it would end up happening. Did yo'l notice Massa's 100mtr tyre mark he left going uphill for the last corner? No experienced race driver would do that, especially on a car equipped with TCS. That was done on purpose (with TCS switched off), in order to let Kimi reduce the gap.

Hamilton on the other hand just gave away his championship. A very unprofessional first lap from him. I really didn't understand the mechanical/electronic issue that his car faced in the begining. Did his going off the track could have been the reason for something to go wrong temporarily?

Alonso did all he could but it just wasn't gonna be enuf. The Ferraris' were brilliant on track.

I'm really looking forward to the 08 season. Without TCS, we can now see how good these guys really are. I'm expecting some xtraordinary performance from some of the underdog teams including our very own "Force India". They should have atleast given us some credit by calling it "Formula India". Hehe

Shan2nu
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:22   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
I really didn't understand the mechanical/electronic issue that his car faced in the begining. Did his going off the track could have been the reason for something to go wrong temporarily?
They say it was a gearbox issue,the gearbox was stuck in neutral for 30 secs.
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:27   #113
Senior - BHPian

Hamilton Investment
Alonso Sign-up
$100m fine
Losing all Constructor points

and in the end, handing over the race and championship to Kimi, Massa and Ferrari!
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:30   #114
Senior - BHPian

Ron must be kicking himself.....they should have won it in china.The English press is going to hammer Hamilton and Ron.Ferrari just stole their bread and butter....
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:31   #115
BHPian

Congrats to Kimi.. that kid won coz he trained at McLaren for 5 season... just kidding! He is a worthy champ for a long time.. just that luck was not on his side and today he had everything going his way!!!

BTW, what I did not understand is the 3 stop strategy for Hamilton. McLaren could've still managed to win this if they had tanked Lewis until the brim and let him go on a 2 stop when they realized he had lost a lot of time. There was no doubt he had lots power to catch up and overtake, but some how seemed very stupid to keep him on a 3-stop... weird!!
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:36   #116
Team-BHP Support

I don't think they'll hammer Hamilton. The kid drove his heart out. A rookie scaring the hell out of the establishment is a great achievement. Ron and the rest of the McLaren team are gonna be surely hammered though. Though Lewis apologised, it was McLaren's decision to keep his old tyres on in China and wait and watch. Even today, the car had a gearbox problem - again not Hamilton's fault.
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:36   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The English press is going to hammer Hamilton and Ron
Forget the press, i just wanna see what one English auto journalist/presenter has to say about it.

The last time he was shocked, he ended up looking like this. LOL

Shan2nu
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:37   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
BTW, what I did not understand is the 3 stop strategy for Hamilton. McLaren could've still managed to win this if they had tanked Lewis until the brim and let him go on a 2 stop when they realized he had lost a lot of time. There was no doubt he had lots power to catch up and overtake, but some how seemed very stupid to keep him on a 3-stop... weird!!
Happens in the heat of the moment with all the confusion around.I think they tried to bring him in front of the slower cars by running light but he got stuck behind some cars like Vettel for quite too long for that strategy to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Forget the press, i just wanna see what one English auto journalist/presenter has to say about it.

The last time he was shocked, he ended up looking like this. LOL

Shan2nu
.You can add James Allen and Martin Brundle to this list

Last edited by merve_extreme : 22nd October 2007 at 00:39.
Old 22nd October 2007, 01:31   #119
Senior - BHPian

What a fitting finale to a wonderful season! Ferrari upped their game when they needed it most. This is a mark of a champion team.

My heart goes out to Hamilton. In the heat of the championship battle, we almost forgot that this kid is still a rookie. It was almost as if he could do nothing wrong in the first half of the season. Even with the Mclaren controversy, a belligerent team-mate and a few slip-ups, he remained the man to beat in 2007. He will be stronger and ever hungry in 2008.

Hats off to Ferrari for believing that they could still clinch both championships against all odds. Their two drivers seem to have a good working relationship and it showed in the final race. Maybe Massa will expect a few favours in future, should he need it.
Old 22nd October 2007, 04:03   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
ROTFLMAO! (How else do I get to 20 characters? Some things can't be put in words!)
,, really wanted hamilton to win but then Thank God the cry baby didn't win !! Though I wish there was more of the tyre to tyre racing between the 3 but it wasn't to be ....

Ferrari definitely did come out of nowhere to win the CS .... but Im sure Hamilton will add his name to the title in the near future !! Next season its back to cheering for Force India or whatever mallya finally decides to name his team ....

But a good season overall ... and next season shud see even better racing with no traction control on the cars so really looking forward to that !!!

Nkapoor @ Unfortunately I never drink KFs to drown my sorrows as none of the 3 are related to me in any way ... so big deal !!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks