Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 21:19   #1
BHPian

Force India : Adrian Sutil, Giancarlo Fisichella, Vitantonio Liuzzi

Force India's driver line up has been confirmed. They picked Fisi!

Let the speculation begin... Will Fisi be the number 1 driver or will Sutil retain it based on seniority with the team?

Will Fisi do better now that traction control is gone and he has driver without it in his 13 years at Formula 1?

Incidentally, Fisi was the last one to win a podium way back in 2003 for Jordan nee Spyker nee Force India!

Looks like Narain is out! I love what Mallya is saying about grooming future drivers in the link below. 2008 is going to a pivotal year for Indian racing!!

Formula 1 : News FORCE_INDIA - F1-Live.com

Moderators: I thought the new announcement deserved its own thread. Hope you feel the same way!

Last edited by Zensible : 11th January 2008 at 21:36.
Old 11th January 2008, 21:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Gettin Fisichella is great!! He is a driver capable of gettin good points and maybe a podium finish as well. If Force India have a good car then they should be doing pretty well in the first season itself.
Old 11th January 2008, 22:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

I feel they should field the young blood Sutil and Liutzzi and keep Fisi as 3rd and test driver for developing the car.
Old 11th January 2008, 22:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Fisi has been into racing and has won a few podium finishes for Renault. So its best to let him race and get points.
Old 11th January 2008, 23:35   #5
BHPian

Let's hope the car is good or it doesn't matter who drives.
Old 12th January 2008, 01:23   #6
BHPian

According to Sutil, they have 3 wind tunnels going strong to improve the aero package of the car. They have a lot of catching up to do in that area especially now that traction control is gone!

I predict this car will be mid pack half way in to the 2008 season.

It has been a humiliating few months for Fisi after being cut by Renault. Hopefully, this has got the Roman stoked enough to go out on the race track and prove some of his detractors wrong.

FI won't be able to touch the Top 4 (Ferrari, McLaren, BMW, Renault) this year. The rest of the teams are fair game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the maroon car passes the Honda and Toyota based on their performance last year. OK, may be not Honda, now that they have Ross Brawn.
Old 12th January 2008, 01:35   #7
SuperSyn

Fisichella seemed to do well in cars that were midfield, but after Fernando destroyed his career......he is buffering his retirement fund. This is his last season in F1.
But for Force India (and their sponsors) it is good to have some experience and a "recognized" driver in Italian market, as long as Fisichella applies himself during the tests and race weekends. Sutil should keep him honest.

I have no expectations from the car, there's nothing in the team to suggest that it will be anything other than a bottom three (or maybe even the slowest) car. Poor drivers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks