Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 05:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I guess the correct way to go about it would be to first co sponsor the team with another company and once the Jag F1 engine is ready they could buy over the team completely.

Two F1 teams owned by India? Thats a little less than 20% of the grid owned by a country where 80% probably havent even heard of F1. We all got so excited when Narain Karthikeyan got an F1 seat and an Indian in F1 was unheard of. And now.............
Soon we will have kids racing the streets instead of swinging the cricket bats around
Old 5th February 2008, 19:54   #17
BHPian

Time we stopped getting excited about NK making a return to F1. He's struggling against the likes of Alex Yoong and other no hopers in a series with standardized cars, he'll be massacared for sure in F1 in a non-competitive car.
Old 5th February 2008, 20:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good point. After winning the China race, he's finished in 10th and 11th in the next two races. He needs to win the A1GP championship to prove that he's still got it.
Old 14th February 2008, 00:24   #19
BHPian

nk is considered to be one of the finest indian racing drivers and he is having trouble proving a point in the world of racing. i guess its time to culminate interest by creating awareness and then nurture the best for racing professionally is the best bet. i know its not as easy as it sounds but if two f1 team can be owned by indian companies its high time we send our talent there so that our driving skills can do the talking.
Old 14th February 2008, 09:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Vijay Mallaya has officially given the thumbs down to NK in a press conference. He think NK is over the hill as far as F1 is concerned.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is great news for F1 in India and with another team (if finalised) will certainly do wonders for the new speed kids on the block in India. Way to Go India as it shines!
Old 14th February 2008, 10:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well any updates on this deal? As far as i know narain can be given a chance for start up teams as the amount of tv viewership actually increased after he joined f1.
Old 14th February 2008, 11:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carCrazy25 View Post
Soon we will have kids racing the streets instead of swinging the cricket bats around
Gee.. that's dangerous.They better stick with cricket bats, on the streets at least! Add the Nano into the equation and it will be absolute chaos!!

OT: I still cannot control my laugher when my cousin told me of a scenario where a guy with nano will hit a merc/BMW on the road and get down and shout at the merc/BMW guy for damaging the Nano!!! Just imagine how the guy in the merc will feel!

It's good that India is making a good progress in the F1 scene. But I sincerely feel that they might as well try and develop the exisitng road infrastructure in the country,in a Private-Public Partnership, than spending Millions of $$$ in F1 as No govt is going to do it!
Old 14th February 2008, 14:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

praveen_v well spending money on F1 is not as bad as people feel. Firstly india will get noticed on the Auto segments scene and we also can develop a track and thus those certain place will get benefit in terms of infrastructure and also people will start visiting such places and the best part is we can have trackdays on the F1 track. Wow.
Well the nano is certainly going to make situations worse but think about it. People with big cars can actually switch to a smaller one and use it so we save space. people on 2 wheelers can use the car also. This makes the trafic a lil bit more uniform too.
Well pollution wise this car is better than thier bigger bros right
Old 14th February 2008, 18:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
praveen_v well spending money on F1 is not as bad as people feel. Firstly india will get noticed on the Auto segments scene and we also can develop a track and thus those certain place will get benefit in terms of infrastructure and also people will start visiting such places and the best part is we can have trackdays on the F1 track. Wow.
Well the nano is certainly going to make situations worse but think about it. People with big cars can actually switch to a smaller one and use it so we save space. people on 2 wheelers can use the car also. This makes the trafic a lil bit more uniform too.
Well pollution wise this car is better than thier bigger bros right
Yes, I personally like F1 and a great fan and I would very much like to go and watch it live if it comes to India. But what I'm trying to point out is, the other countries hosting F1 all have excellent Infrastructure in place already (Not just the F1 track, but the city as a whole). There the govt's do but here they dont. And the govt's not interested to get F1 in India. it's the Big Tycoons who are using all their Power & wealth to get it done and put India on the F1 map. Then the govt will come forward and take the credit

I also completely agree with you that the traffic becomes uniform (I hate the two wheelers cutting right across me through the space I have created between my car and the vehicle in front to anticipate braking!!!). With cars alone, traffic flow will be a bit smooth.

Pollution?? I guess the biggies are pretty clean on running. Though they may consume more fuel, they are pretty clean. And the No. of nano's will far outweigh the Biggies!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks