Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2005, 17:26   #1
BHPian

Top 10 coolest racing drivers.

These guys risk their lives driving cars at 200mph,well thats cool,but a few things that u do other than touching 200mph makes u really cool,like these guys

1)Ayrton Senna
ERA:-80s-90s

Simply different,he had everything,a presence that would electrify the room,a stare that could cut right through you & a heart of a hero.Ayrton Senna brought with him seemingly limitless talent and indomitable will to win.His tragedy will haunt Formula 1 for many years.

2)Ari Vatanen
ERA:-70s-now

Dosnt care if hes cool or not,he always accepted the locals hospitality during the Dakar rally.He used to teach kids not to smoke while wearing his Rothmans sponsored overalls,he is openly religious n his trademark is a glass of milk instead of the winners champagne,an individual in the truest sense.

3)Steve Mcqueen
ERA:-60s-70s

Blue-eyed cool on the outside, rebellious turmoil on the inside made him no ordinary man. Was also called the 'The King of cool'.2 weeks before entering a race(Le Mans) he fell off his dirt bike n broke his left foot.Undeterred but with his foot in a cast he entered the race n came second.he once said"I live for my self n answer to nobody".

4)Alex Zanardi
ERA:-90s-now

12months after his horrific accident at the German circuit where he lost both his legs beneath his knee,he strapped himself into an identical CART car n completed 13 laps he missed.Surely one of the bravest ive ever seen.And now hes preparing for a full season in the Europe Touring Cars Championshipin a BMW 320i.

5)Emerson Fittipaldi
ERA:-70s-90s

With sideburns of the size of pork chops n mirrored sunglasses the size of dinner plates became a style icon of the early seventies.His career while ending in disappointment had shown a driver of great talent, whose smooth style was best described in the title of his autobiography.Today while most retired drives invest their money in property,Emmo now has his own brand of cigars.

6)James Hunt
ERA:-70s

Interesting n colourful character,lived a life of girls,fags & alcohol.When McLaren was testing at Canada in 1976,an official with a good looking wife was there to assist the team & James.As the team talked to the official about gear ratios,damping rates etc,an ambulance in the corner of the pits was rocking on its springs.

7)Junior Johnson
ERA:-50s-60s

This NASCAR champion had discovered drafting, now a standard technique in racing. He was sentenced to two years in federal prison, but served only 11 months.A real tough guy.he said"ive run cars where a 2-lane highway looked like ur finger out ahead of u.""in the 50s that was 180mph"

8)Jean Alesi
ERA:-80s-90s

Could u imagine Schuey throwing his helmet into the crowd after finishing 6th as Alesi did at the 2001 Monaco Grand Prix!

9)Gerhard Berger
ERA:-80s

Unlike Ayrton Senna five years later Gerhard Berger had survived the crash at Tamburello to race another day. Unlike his country man Niki Lauda 13 years earlier Berger had survived a ruptured tank on the Ferrari with only minor burns, a broken rib and fractured shoulder blade.Last of the F1 hedonists,Berger was a merciless practical joker.The butt of many of his pranks was none other than McLaren team-mate,Senna,who once had his passport photo ripped out by Berger only to be replaced by a playboy-style photos.

10)Carlos Sainz
ERA:-80s-now

Its only recently that hes become seriously cool n i guess its to do with age.He maybe old enough to be the other rally drivers father,but now has more confidence than most of these kids put together.It would be his presence that would get everybodys attention.
Old 16th January 2005, 22:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

Awesome stuff!!!
Is this your own compilation or sourced from somewhere?
Old 17th January 2005, 08:47   #3

its sad not to see either mika hakinnen or kimi raikonnen, coz both are known for their ultra coolness for speed over 200mph.
........still good work.
Old 17th January 2005, 10:35   #4
BHPian

i do appreciate your work but there are some serous flaws ...
Like no mention of Alain Prost , Juan Manuel Fangio , Mika Hakkinen and Nigel Mansell from F1 category ...
Then in WRC ,there is no mention of Tommi Makkinen , Juha Kankkunen , Colin Mcrae,

is this list your TOP 10 compilation ????
cos i find that other than Senna , Alex and Ari Vatanen , i find others not that GREAT to be included in a top 10 list
Old 17th January 2005, 12:56   #5
BHPian

Why is there no edit option here in this post ???

i want to edit my previous post and there is not edit option available .....

anyway i am adding here what i wanted to edit ???

"No Offence meant for your list of top 10 as it is your personal choice and I respect your personal choice " ...
Old 17th January 2005, 14:48   #6
BHPian

Hey,
Thanks for the pics and also the very short write up about each of them..
_Keep it up_
Old 17th January 2005, 15:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Good list but I'm err rather surprised not to see the name of a certain Mr. M.Schumacher out here hmm

Dippy
Old 17th January 2005, 18:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

i feel Mika and Tommi makkinen along with Rossi and Doohan shud also have been included.

still,thanx for the senna photograph
Old 17th January 2005, 18:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHe uNknOwN
its sad not to see either mika hakinnen or kimi raikonnen, coz both are known for their ultra coolness for speed over 200mph.
........still good work.
well not here ofcourse wot has kimi achieved till now a 2nd place at he championship?? i kno hes the iceman out thr n i'll always put my money on him .mikka is fade away..guys like senna and lauda were undestructive ...unbeatable .. technology back thn was minimal it was back to back racing ...they had a much harder time driviing ..
hate to say this but i wonder we did get schumacher in the compilation ..
Old 17th January 2005, 18:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Rossi should be definately be included!! He is a great rider..... Senna well, he deserves to be at the top! There never will be a driver like him..ever.
Old 17th January 2005, 19:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Yup there's nothin more thrilling than watchin the Doc (Rossi) ride, boy he sure has some skills. Every one please Bow to Doc
Old 17th January 2005, 19:56   #12
BHPian

hey guys,this is my own choice of the
Old 17th January 2005, 20:25   #13
BHPian

srry there,well this is my own choice of the COOLEST top 10 race drivers ever n not the top BEST ever.Had gone through a no. of mags n a bit of here n there from the net to get sm important info bout them,well im sure u guys might be surprised to see Carlos Sainz in my top 10,well i had a choice between Petter Solberg,Sebastian Loeb,Markko Martin & Carlos Sainz,but i feel Carlos performs the best when hes under pressure,so does Petter,but Carlos has been in the scene for a longer time.
I tried not to include bikers out here,tats the reason ive not included Rossi n Barry.
If u had a choice between Alex Zanardi n Mika Hakkinen or Ayrton Senna n M.Schumacher or Gerhard Berger n Kimi raikonnen(i doubt Mr Kimi is cool nymore) for being Mr Ice,who wld u choose?
Old 17th January 2005, 21:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolader
If u had a choice between Alex Zanardi n Mika Hakkinen or Ayrton Senna n M.Schumacher or Gerhard Berger n Kimi raikonnen(i doubt Mr Kimi is cool nymore) for being Mr Ice,who wld u choose?
I dunno much about Alex Zinardi, so wont choose between the two..... but, between Senna and Schumi........ its Senna anyday. He was simply F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S... i doubt anyone can match his standards or his driving style. Not even Schumi. But, this is just my opinion.
Old 17th January 2005, 22:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolader
srry there,well this is my own choice of the COOLEST top 10 race drivers ever n not the top BEST ever.Had gone through a no. of mags n a bit of here n there from the net to get sm important info bout them,well im sure u guys might be surprised to see Carlos Sainz in my top 10,well i had a choice between Petter Solberg,Sebastian Loeb,Markko Martin & Carlos Sainz,but i feel Carlos performs the best when hes under pressure,so does Petter,but Carlos has been in the scene for a longer time.
I tried not to include bikers out here,tats the reason ive not included Rossi n Barry.
I would choose MS really he deserves it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks