Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2005, 10:32   #1
Team-BHP Support

Australian G.p. (sunday ) - Brief Report

So were we talking abt. F1 getting borng after the new rules , staying up all night made me realise that NO WAY , the new rules have definately added some excitement .

abt. the results

Italian FISICHELLA ( won ) his 2nd grand prix in his new RENAULT , with a lill help from the weather , he lead for the entire race except for the lap when he went in for his 1st pit stop .

BARRICHELO stood second which was a very good drive considering he started from 11th place .

ALONSO made it a RENAULT 1ST & 3RD position which was again a hard day s work as he started from the 13th place .

a good surprise see our D.C with the RED BULL RACING take up the 4th place ( which i think is really good but not surprising as they had some great testing in the winter) . after a long time did i see D.C drive a lill aggressively .

MARK WEBBER the home hero was good enough to match his previous best which co-incidently was again at the melbourne circuit but in a MINARDI .

MONTOYA , the better of the 2 mclarens today made up for the 6th place .

i ain't sure but i think Button & Trulli made up for the 7th & 8th places respectively .

Our home hero stood 15th beating his team mate by 1 place .

Late realisation of a coming overtaking manouver saw nick heidfield hitting Schumi Sr.'s car when he was just getting ready to take care of business after his second pit stop .

driver's who did not finish : Michael , Heidfield & one minardi ( if i not mistaken the driver s name is Abres or something like that , plz forgive my ignorance ) .

overall a great race with definately a great amt. of excitement blended perfectly to taste .

manson .

manson .

Last edited by manson : 6th March 2005 at 10:35.
Old 6th March 2005, 11:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

manson, i think it was Klien and Kimi who finished 7th and 8th respectively
Old 6th March 2005, 11:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
manson, i think it was Klien and Kimi who finished 7th and 8th respectively
yeah maybe shravan , like i said i wasn't sure , so watt places were trulli , villneuve , schumi jr., button & sato ? any clue ?

manson .
Old 6th March 2005, 11:27   #4
Team-BHP Support

The Results

1. FISICHELLA - Renault
2. BARRICHELLO - Ferrari
3. ALONSO - Renault
4. COULTHARD - RedBull Cosworth
5. WEBBER - Williams BMW
6. MONTOYA - McLaren Mercedes
7. KLIEN - RedBull Cosworth
8. RAIKKONEN - McLaren Mercedes
9. TRULLI - Toyota
10. MASSA - Sauber Petronas
11. BUTTON - BAR Honda
12. R.SCHUMACHER - Toyota
13. VILLENEUVE - Sauber Petronas
14. SATO - BAR Honda
15. KARTHIKEYAN - Jordan Toyota
16. MONTEIRO - Jordan Toyota
17. FRIESACHER - Minardi Cosworth
18. M.SCHUMACHER - Ferrari (Ret)
19. HEIDFELD - Williams BMW (Ret)
20. ALBERS - Minardi Cosworth (Ret)
Old 6th March 2005, 11:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

thanks for the info aditya , and guys sori for the mistakes one the 7th & 8 th place .
Old 6th March 2005, 14:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
The Results
1. FISICHELLA - Renault
2. BARRICHELLO - Ferrari
3. ALONSO - Renault
4. COULTHARD - RedBull Cosworth
5. WEBBER - Williams BMW
6. MONTOYA - McLaren Mercedes
7. KLIEN - RedBull Cosworth
8. RAIKKONEN - McLaren Mercedes

15. KARTHIKEYAN - Jordan Toyota

18. M.SCHUMACHER - Ferrari (Ret)
i missed the race but great result nonethless ...
i love the schumi bit ! .. we should have more of him retiring from the races ...no offence to schumi fans..but hey arent we sick of seeing him win ???

cheers
Old 6th March 2005, 14:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we should have more of him retiring from the races ...no offence to schumi fans..but hey arent we sick of seeing him win ???
Just because he keeps winning and some are bored of seeing him win why should he keep retiring. Why cant one say that someone should beat him on the track fair and square more frequently instead of saying he should keep retiring often.

When hes beaten hes beaten . He doesnt need to keep retiring just to entertain the anti Schumians or those bored of seeing him win.

Today was one of those rare retirements and hes bound to bounce back shortly and once the F2005 debuts lets see where things go from there

Dippy
Old 6th March 2005, 14:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

and to top it all this was the 2004 car and it managed 2nd position. Wait till the 2005 car comes into play
Old 6th March 2005, 14:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Just because he keeps winning and some are bored of seeing him win why should he keep retiring. Why cant one say that someone should beat him on the track fair and square more frequently instead of saying he should keep retiring often.

When hes beaten hes beaten . He doesnt need to keep retiring just to entertain the anti Schumians or those bored of seeing him win.

Dippy

I completely agree with Dippy on this......... just because he wins a lot of races, that doesnt mean that he should start retiring... Let someone beat him fair and square on the track. Now, rather than hoping for Schumi to retire, why not expect the other teams to build better cars and hope that their drivers do the job? Its been four years since one has seen any other team apart from Ferrari win the constructors title... And, in F1 terms 4 years is a long time. Other teams should have closed the gap that Ferrari has opened in these years.
Now, I am not a Schumi fan, but, i know that this is something one gets to watch only once in his/her lifetime. Such dominance isn't going to be seen soon. I would enjoy it while it lasts and respect the achievements of Schumi and Ferrari.
Old 6th March 2005, 19:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Whtever the results. The new rules SUCK. Damn it everyone was conserving their engine and tyres. The only highlight was when Heidfeld hit Schumi. To make it worse, the qualifying was also quite a bore! Why is Mosley hellbent on ruining F1??
Old 6th March 2005, 20:38   #11
Team-BHP Support

yup, these new rules have people driving while thinking about their tyres, the engine and how they need to conserve it for the next race.

To further make a mockery of the rules, BAR found a nice loophole and brought both their cars into the pits to retire on the last lap. So since they are not finishers, they can change their engine for the next weekend without any penalty. So now we can expect all cars placed 9 and below to follow this!

It's amazing how rules are being thought of to try and artificially create mixed grids and different winners. This is NOT what Formula one is about. F1 is about striving for the best, without any compromises, not hoping it will rain in one session of qualifying so that a slow car can mak it up the grid and a world champion starts at the back, thus supposedly added to the "entertainment" factor.

F1 in 2005 is the world's most expensive reality show right now. Seem's real to the viewer, but is all staged in reality.
Old 6th March 2005, 23:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
Its been four years since one has seen any other team apart from Ferrari win the constructors title... And, in F1 terms 4 years is a long time. Other teams should have closed the gap that Ferrari has opened in these years.
the reason why i said schumi should be out of the picture more often is ..we dont have a team in F-1 which can equal the likes of ferrari ..drivers yes we have many to take up the fight ..and yeah no dbout michael is a wizard with his ferrari ..team wise ferrari is way ahead from the rest of the pack ..and most of us am sure is sick of the scarlet fever ... i mean last season ferrari's completely destroyed everybody... you could predict the winner for each race would be schumi !!

cheer

Last edited by turbo_lover : 6th March 2005 at 23:39.
Old 6th March 2005, 23:55   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's amazing how rules are being thought of to try and artificially create mixed grids and different winners. This is NOT what Formula one is about. F1 is about striving for the best, without any compromises, not hoping it will rain in one session of qualifying so that a slow car can mak it up the grid and a world champion starts at the back, thus supposedly added to the "entertainment" factor.
I watched the race for all of 30 minutes, and then canned it to reformat my laptop (IMHO much more exciting)

GTO
Old 8th March 2005, 10:43   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech

F1 in 2005 is the world's most expensive reality show right now. Seem's real to the viewer, but is all staged in reality.
Man thats so true, am sure hard core f-1 fans are disgusted by the new rules. I got up at 8 on a sunday morning for the race, it was totally not worth it. This is the first time I'm not looking forward to the next race.
Rai
Old 8th March 2005, 11:45   #15
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
we should have more of him retiring from the races ...no offence to schumi fans..but hey arent we sick of seeing him win ???

cheers
Was any one bored of seeing Juan Manuel Fangio winning titles for 5 yrs?
So arent we seeing him winning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks