Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 11:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Shuey on 2 Wheels, Rossi on 4 !!!

A red number 46 for Rossi cheers:

Mugello, 20th November - A special test session at the Mugello circuit with a very special driver behind the wheel of the F2008, the car which won the Formula 1 Constructors' world Title. Moto GP World Champion Valentino Rossi. For Rossi it was a comeback behind the wheel of a red one from Maranello as he already tested the cars in 2005 and 2006 at Fiorano, Mugello and Valencia. But this time it was just for pure fun, for both - Ferrari and Rossi - celebrating their victorious seasons.

On the occasion the F2008, the one driven by Kimi Räikkönen in the last races of the Championship at China and Brazil, the car was fitted with the unusual number 46, as homage to Valentino.

The test session started just after 11am and ended at 4:30pm. Valentino drove 320 kilometers and consulting the watch one could see that he has everything he needs to be a Formula One driver: before the lunch break his fastest lap time was 1.23.76, while in the afternoon he did it in 1.22.55.

"I'm really happy that I had this possibility and I want to thank President Luca di Montezemolo and Stefano Domenicali for it," Valentino said when he met the journalists at the end of the day. "Driving a Ferrari Formula One car on a track like Mugello is something fantastic and incredible. It's great to work with people on such a high level, like those who were at the track with me today. We've done some pretty good work, very professional, and we tried to improve lap after lap. I'm satisfied and I hope I can do it again tomorrow."

Stefano Domenicali, Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro's team principal, was present at Mugello. "It's really nice to be here, celebrating a great season with numerous victories, here at home. Mugello is one of our tracks and also a circuit where Valentino has won several times, winning in some extraordinary races," Domenicali said. "It's two days of pure fun for us and Vale, although we're doing serious work; you can see that how he prepared himself physically. Vale would have been an excellent Formula One driver, but he chose a different road. He's part of our family and that's why we wanted to give him this opportunity; we're happy to be together once again; two Italian symbols like Ferrari and Valentino Rossi."

Source: Atlas F1

Number 46
Attached Thumbnails
Shuey on 2 Wheels, Rossi on 4 !!!-re220ypqx_20081120.jpg  

Shuey on 2 Wheels, Rossi on 4 !!!-jythbrvs.jpg  

Shuey on 2 Wheels, Rossi on 4 !!!-kuyjntbrvve.jpg  

Shuey on 2 Wheels, Rossi on 4 !!!-nybvynbtvrc.jpg  

Shuey on 2 Wheels, Rossi on 4 !!!-oiuyjthrbe.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by anachronix : 21st November 2008 at 11:34.
Old 21st November 2008, 13:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Shuey on 2 Wheels, Rossi on 4 !!!

Role reversals seem to be the flavour of the month as Michael Schumacher took to the tracks in a Casey Stoner's Ducati at Valencia while Valentino Rossi went around in the Ferrari F2008 at Mugello.

Two true champions who cant seem to keep off two wheels even after they finish competing during the season!

MotoGP: Michael Schumacher stuns in Ducati 800 MotoGP ride - Motorcycle Sport

The Canadian Press: Valentino Rossi tests Ferrari Formula One car at Mugello on Thursday

Move over, boys. The men are coming back - on different wheels!
Old 21st November 2008, 14:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Role reversals seem to be the flavour of the month as Michael Schumacher took to the tracks in a Casey Stoner's Ducati at Valencia
Steer,Did it happen this month too?
The article you have posted on Schumi is dated 5th Nov 2007.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Steer,Did it happen this month too?
The article you have posted on Schumi is dated 5th Nov 2007.
Yeah the madman cant keep off wheels - he has reportedly been competing in some german series.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:55   #5
BHPian

Schuey did well on two wheels.It was awesome.He is the best driver ever.

Last edited by punterccrx8s : 21st November 2008 at 14:57.
Old 21st November 2008, 15:21   #6
BHPian

One more thread

One more thread found with same subject:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...mber-46-a.html

cheers
Old 21st November 2008, 16:04   #7
BHPian

lol, didnt know that he was also called Shuey. I thought he was Shumi
Old 21st November 2008, 16:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
lol, didnt know that he was also called Shuey.
Who elseis called shuey?
Old 21st November 2008, 16:32   #9
BHPian

These guys are awesome. In spite of achieving so much in their careers, it's quite amazing to see the kind of hunger and passion they have for motor sports. I guess, they need their daily dose of Adrenalin, without which, the cannot survive.

I wish to see these guys in a regular session racing with the current breed of drivers.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:43   #10
BANNED

According to the reports, Schumi was amazing and set fire to tracks on 2 wheels.
Nice to see that this man can't just keep himself off from racing. Keep it up, O Rainmaster!

Rossi on 4 wheels has happened many times before and some times he was unsuccessful too. If nurtured up well, he can give some good competition in F1 soon.
Old 22nd November 2008, 08:43   #11
BHPian

IMHO Rossi would never take up F1 after winning motogp 8times. He seems to be a true all-rounder and a king of his class; ive seen a video of him beating colin mcrae at an indoor rally event. I simply think his flair at analysing machines and his contribution towards tweaking the fiat yamaha team and equipment brings him to mugello as we all know ferrari is a sister concern of fiat and all three components Fiat- Ferrari- Fourty six are italiano!
Old 24th December 2008, 18:48   #12
BHPian

Schumi has said i have no intention to become the next casey or rossi...when found riding ducati...Rossi he's mainly focusing on rallying..and a bit of f1..as of now he has extended his contarct with yamaha,so it'll be some time to see him of 4 wheels

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks