Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2005, 20:00   #31

There are riders & there are riders, but The Doctor's the greatest Rider. On the track he's playing with every enterant, even with a slower bike. He's doing wonders with Yamaha which has vastly improved their 2005 bike. Shumi to my mind is no comparison.
Put him in a less competitive car & see how he performs.
Sete rode well, so did Melandry coming in 3rd. a great achievement for his first race in a big bike. Rossi is outstanding, absolutely the greatest.

Last edited by sss11 : 11th April 2005 at 20:01.
Old 11th April 2005, 20:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

@shravan316: hmm thats interesting, didn't knew this. But was he this big when he was not in Ferrari. Also which team did he belonged too.

See Rossi left Honda at its peak & joined a team which had an inferior product & still made it win.
Old 11th April 2005, 20:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
@shravan316: hmm thats interesting, didn't knew this. But was he this big when he was not in Ferrari. Also which team did he belonged too.

See Rossi left Honda at its peak & joined a team which had an inferior product & still made it win.
Wasn't as big as Rossi is... but, he did have plenty of talent, and he was racing for Benetton racing team. Had won a couple of championships with them.

Last edited by shravan316 : 11th April 2005 at 20:13.
Old 11th April 2005, 20:40   #34
BHPian

quote from Rossi:

"I was fastest at the exit of (the penultimate corner) and at the moment of braking I was already at the middle of Sete's bike.

"He moved to close the line, but I had a small, small gap -- maybe half a metre -- to overtake and it was the only way.

"It's hard and I know Sete's angry now but that's racing."
Old 11th April 2005, 23:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Rossi and Schumi are very similar in their career moves.

Schumi left Benneton but took Jean Todt with him because he knew that the combination worked.
Rossi left Honda and took team manager Jermy Burgess with him for a similar reason. Although we dont see it on TV there is a lot of teamwork involved.
Overall as a racer Rossi is more accomplished than Schumi. Look at what Schumi did in Malaysia with a uncompetetive car...languished in like 13th?? Rossi can take an uncompetetive bike and ride the living daylights out of it. He is truly a living legend!
Old 12th April 2005, 09:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Overall as a racer Rossi is more accomplished than Schumi. Look at what Schumi did in Malaysia with a uncompetetive car...languished in like 13th?? Rossi can take an uncompetetive bike and ride the living daylights out of it. He is truly a living legend!
That is something that I totally agree with. Schumi is good, but Rossi is great.
Old 12th April 2005, 09:45   #37
Awaiting Email Confirmation

sete has not made an appeal and so rossi will not be diss qualified

there is going to be many more close races between the 2 this season

we are on a win win situation

bike racing rules
Old 16th April 2005, 21:56   #38
BHPian

yeah man i love this rossi he is too good
Old 17th April 2005, 11:23   #39
BHPian

Today is Dutch Gp at Assen ... I cannot wait to see the Battle between Rossi and Sete to start again ....
Old 17th April 2005, 13:09   #40
BANNED

i am a big fan of rossi..i cud nt catch up the last gp..since i was having my exams...well...i even lik alex nd max biaggi..
Old 18th April 2005, 11:03   #41
BHPian

What a race it was ... Finally Alex Barros wins after two years in MotoGP .... Valentino Rossi didnt win for a change .... Sete Gibernau Falls while leading the race .... Max Biaggi finishes Third , First podium of his for HRC .... A good and exciting battle went on for Fourth place between Marco Melandri and Colin Edwards with Marco winning the battle as Colin took a offroad excursion and finished 6th
Rossi looked little slow on his Yamaha compared to the two Hondas ... Of Sete and Alex ... But he is leading the championship with 45 points with a 7 points lead over Alex ... and Marco in 3rd followed by Max Biaggi and Sete is 6th overall now ....
Now the riders march into China in two weeks time to continue their battle at Shangai F1 track ... For the First time ...
Old 18th April 2005, 15:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, MotoGP was really good yesterday. The light drizzle made things a bit fun for the viewers, but definitely not for the riders! Alex slithered his way to the chequered flag, Rossi was a second. You gotta feel for Sete, he was leading the race and was all set for a win but, it was a rider error, more than anything else. Rossi's Yam did seem a bit slower than the Hondas but, 'The Doctor' looked in 2nd place.
The last lap had plenty of crossed fingers in the Camel Honda pitcrew! A good race in the end, not great, but, good. Or is it just with me because i wanted Rossi to win!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks