Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 21:54   #16
BANNED

Huh! It's okay. Just the heat of a moment. Everybody tends to go thru these kinda situations.

The only wrong thing I see in the comment is that he said loud on talks. It wasn't necessary to degrade a team like that especially when it's the first and only Indian team.
It seems he couldn't control himself much when it came to say something about Mallya's team. Sad!
Old 25th December 2008, 00:47   #17
BHPian

First thing both Narain & karun come from very rich & influencial family having little talent compare to rest of grid.
Old 25th December 2008, 06:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

While not trying to support NK, I think both of them sail in the same boat. What has Force India given back to India forget the drivers, have we got any Indians part of the team to learn cutting technology from the team. Its got India only for name. Its pot calling the kettle from both sides. Mr. Mallya is as interested in India with his "Force India" as much as Big Bernie is interested in F1.
Old 25th December 2008, 09:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
First thing both Narain & karun come from very rich & influencial family having little talent compare to rest of grid.
I agree on the richie rich part.
But I know Karun has spent years in UK racing schools to nurture his talent. He may not be a natural but he is a well establised driver now.

It would nt be fair to classify Naren and Karun as less talented when they have shown sparks of brilliance.

Instead of giving the car to Fiscella who would definitely crash it at Turn 1 we can try our chances with Naren or Karun.
Old 25th December 2008, 10:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

what does mallya meant?Indians got a low cc brain compared to other F1 riders?
Old 25th December 2008, 11:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

maybe they should start writing for auto mags then
NK was featured in a recent ACI article
Old 25th December 2008, 13:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
I agree on the richie rich part.
But I know Karun has spent years in UK racing schools to nurture his talent. He may not be a natural but he is a well establised driver now.

It would nt be fair to classify Naren and Karun as less talented when they have shown sparks of brilliance.

Instead of giving the car to Fiscella who would definitely crash it at Turn 1 we can try our chances with Naren or Karun.

No offense meant but if those Richie rich guys got talent why don't show it in A1 GP where everyone runs on same machinery unlike F1 ?

Indians have loads of Talent but I am pretty sure only the richie kids get access to pinnacle of any sport.

P.S.: BTW Narain entered F1 as PAYING driver he was not getting paid for driving but he Paid to drive but still his teammate Montero outperformed him every race and creating a record of successfully completing each of his started race.

Last edited by FERRO : 25th December 2008 at 13:37.
Old 25th December 2008, 13:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
what does mallya meant?Indians got a low cc brain compared to other F1 riders?
Why does everyone take offense when someone speaks the truth?

Did he says 'Indians'? He just said the current Indian drivers are no good, and that is a fact.

Dont put words in his mouth - the guy has put HIS money (not UB, but his personal wealth) where his mouth is.

Thats a lot more than you can say for Narain who had sponsors to pay for him to drive.
Old 25th December 2008, 16:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
For him to be talking like this, I'm sure he thinks he is Michael Schumacher. In a four car race this guy could not even finish third. What more to say?

Edit: I would love to see his reaction if Ferrari were to offer him a seat. This is hypothetical of course.
And in that race his team mate came third. IIRC, the team-mate was with him in competition in the earlier series Narian was.
Who would refuse a Ferrari seat ? Mostly nobody will.

The comments from Narian are not good, no doubt. He should have a controlled speech considering the status he is having. And about talent, I think that Narian need to work out more in case of racing. Clearly he was not one of the best. Naturally very fast, but not the best. But we can say it was indirectly a good hit to Vijay Mallya.
Old 25th December 2008, 17:30   #25
BHPian

let him stick to driving 3 series sideways for an Autocar photoshoot, and commenting on "sports cars" like the cedia and civic for indian car mags...
Old 25th December 2008, 17:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

If you finish fourth in a field of four cars, I think it says enough about where you stand. As the fox once said "Angoor khatte hain".
Old 25th December 2008, 18:13   #27
BANNED

Autocar has been carrying NK around everywhere, I can't understand their fixation towards him! Probably could not find someone else!
So much so, they made him test the best handling cars, I just did not read the colums!
Old 25th December 2008, 23:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

I personally feel he lacks the charisma and the speed required to be an F1 driver. Regarding Narian's outburst, obviously its a case of sour grapes. Its like telling your boss you quit when you have just been told you are fired

Last edited by aseem : 25th December 2008 at 23:37.
Old 26th December 2008, 06:16   #29
BHPian

I think, RALLYING is best suited for him for his driving style. As far as I believe, he has got the WORST defensive driving of any F1 drivers. I have never seen him trying to hold the position for too long when he's tailgated by others. Be it corners or straight, he just sways away to let other pass by.

He can do better in rallying, since there is no close driving and tailgating.
This is just my personal opinion. No offense please.
Old 26th December 2008, 14:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I personally feel he lacks the charisma and the speed required to be an F1 driver. Regarding Narian's outburst, obviously its a case of sour grapes.
I think he had got the speed, but what he needed was more experience. Unfortunately, in such a competitive sport, you just cannot spend time to get more experienced. He needed a more positive attitude. Also the fact that he became the first Indian to compete in F1 also put him under a lot of pressure and in public focus.

But he could have been better behaved about his country's first team in F1 and about the sport in which he had been.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 26th December 2008 at 14:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks