Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2005, 17:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

What a race!!!! EVen though i only got to watch the latter half. MClaren are back!! But i am surprised to see that it took them this long to really challenge for the top spot even though they have had potentially the fastest car after Renault.

Why all the Montoya bashing for coming 7th?? Abhay has rightly explained all the reasons for that place which, IMO, is very respectable. Its been 5 races so far this season and we haven't really witnessed real racing between KR and JPM for whatever reasons. I am sure all Mclaren+Montoya fans know why Schumacher 'fans' do not approve of Montoya. In only his third race in F1, his overtaking manoeuvere on Schumi left him stupefied and he would certainly have gone onto win the race had Verstappen (a backmarker at the time) had not crashed into him from behind. And De La Rosa should have been in Montoya's seat? WTF?? How many people even knew DLR existed until he joined Mclaren?? However, i do think he did better job than Wurz when he did get the racing drive. Montoya has been frequently been criticised for speaking more than required (sometimes rightly, IMO). But have you guys been keeping up with the kind of comments Alonso has been making in the press lately? That really does surprise me.

Scarlet:You think Alonso is not as good as the Renault is making him out to be? I disagree. You rightly said that Schumi ALMOST had him at San Marino. But that 'almost' is exactly why i think Alonso will go on to be world champion soon. Schumi had been lapping at least 2 seconds faster than anyone else until he got to Alonso. For 12 laps Alsonso did not make a single mistake whiule Schumi was locking up the front wheels all over in his desperate attempts to ge past.

PS: It feels good to be posting again here. My friend challenged me to stay away from team-bhp for 2 weeks which i managed to pass in extreme pain...lol
Old 14th May 2005, 17:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
PS: It feels good to be posting again here. My friend challenged me to stay away from team-bhp for 2 weeks which i managed to pass in extreme pain...lol
Deeps,

What did you win for it?!? Anyways a lot of cars have been caught on cam. Check them out.
Old 14th May 2005, 18:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLET
KIMI is a really cool driver, has championship material in him, irrespective of the car, ICEMAN really goes well with him, well as far as montoya goes he is a hot cat on a tin roof, he never puts his words into perfprmance on track , just blabbers and blabbers,
alonso maybe the renault is making him look fast, but he is not fast, MS almost had him in italy.

Well being a MS fan i would say KIMI is the next man to take his shoes ,
i would give MS another year to try for his 8th title provided ferrari have the car next year
I feel you are underestimating Fernando he is a nice driver and he is really fast. Remember he was struggling with the car in the final laps due to lack of grip where as Schumi's car was a lot better. No car can make a driver look fast with out the talent. He has got the talent of nursing the car like Michael Schumacher, he gets all he can out of a car which is underperforming. Also he is the youngest Grand prix winner in a Renault which was nowhere as good as a Ferrari.

Last edited by sridhar24 : 14th May 2005 at 18:37.
Old 14th May 2005, 22:19   #34
BHPian

Personally, I still think that Kimi is THE most talented F1 driver doing the rounds... all Finns are. So there!!! ... hehe...
Too bad for JMP and Fernando, I think they're second to te king. This year, if Fernando wins, I'm going to attribute it to Kimis bad luck in the 1st 4 races... but, that is stricty my opinion. Peace.
Old 14th May 2005, 23:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This year, if Fernando wins, I'm going to attribute it to Kimis bad luck in the 1st 4 races
and not michael's ?

i'd put fernando slightly above kimi for his skills in driving a car that isnt handling well..
i'd also put FA as the most mature driver i'v seen with respect to his age
kimi probably scores slightly higher on raw pace
but there is very little between them

the experience they gain in F1 over the coming years will play an important part in their success
Old 15th May 2005, 00:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
and not michael's ?

i'd put fernando slightly above kimi for his skills in driving a car that isnt handling well..
i'd also put FA as the most mature driver i'v seen with respect to his age
kimi probably scores slightly higher on raw pace
but there is very little between them

the experience they gain in F1 over the coming years will play an important part in their success
Somehow, that almost convinced me...but not quite... ardent KR fan, to the death. Andd no, not Michaels (lack of) luck... MS is just in a non - or atleast, not very - competitive car, so he doesn't really fit into the picture here... though I am still a bit lost as to what happened to the Scuderia all of a sudden at Imola... they have been least competitive everywhere else. You'll have to admit that.
Old 15th May 2005, 02:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MS is just in a non - or atleast, not very - competitive carthough I am still a bit lost as to what happened to the Scuderia all of a sudden at Imola... they have been least competitive everywhere else. You'll have to admit that.
their race pace has been really quick.. even at barcelona MS had the 2nd fastest lap ( only 8 thousands off fisi's )
i would call the F2005 a pretty quick car that isnt at total harmony with its tyre situation..
it is an unreliable car though

san marino was certainly baffling.. but only uptil u really analyse it

but there was a track that everything occured in perfect harmony.. in addition to the ferrari being well suited to imola's kerbs, the cooler temps really helped the tyres..
this was also the new F2005 car

also, fernando was nursing his engine all throughout the weekend
( hardly any running in the practice sessions, thus car setup wasnt perfect )
so he wasnt running at 100% at all, limited revs among other things

apart from reliability, whats really been hurting ferrari is their poor qualiying performance..
cant do much is ure starting down the order

in the past the bridgestones were in reality slower than the michelins..
its just they were REALLY well suited to the ferrari.. so they got by
not in 2005 though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks