Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2005, 19:39   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

WHAT A RACE! Whoever said that Monaco has no overtaking. It was absolute crash, boom and bang.

Atleast yesterday, it was no more Formula Yawn.

GTO
Old 24th May 2005, 01:59   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Atleast yesterday, it was no more Formula Yawn.

GTO

the race had me at the edge of my seat almost from the start to the end !

manson .
Old 24th May 2005, 11:40   #18
F50
Senior - BHPian

Yea the race was very interesting and the battle between 2 Williams and Alonso was great and Heidfeld finally getting a podium position and so does Webber.
Wondering where would Michael be if he didnt go in the pits to change the nose section.

Quote:
In fact he clipped Ralf on the wheel on the finish line..
No, there was no contact on the finish line. If they made contact,then one of them would have gone flying.

This is what Ralf told
"It was very dangerous " ... "It seems to be that Michael sometimes loses it. I have the feeling he sometimes switches his brain-off."... "We are not there to endanger each other's lives. It's just frustration, because nothing is working for Michael."

Michael says( nice reply)
"He was not on a Day Trip" ... " My attack was absolutely justified. I am a full-blooded race driver."
Old 24th May 2005, 12:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
....This is what Ralf told
"It was very dangerous " ... "It seems to be that Michael sometimes loses it. I have the feeling he sometimes switches his brain-off."... "We are not there to endanger each other's lives. It's just frustration, because nothing is working for Michael."

Michael says
"He was not on a Day Trip" ... " My attack was absolutely justified. I am a full-blooded race driver."
I still think that the move was very dangerous. The way the Toyota suddenly twitched out of line made it seem like a definite clip on the rear tyre... Yeah, the race was abssolutely fantastic!!
Old 24th May 2005, 12:57   #20
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
I still think that the move was very dangerous. The way the Toyota suddenly twitched out of line made it seem like a definite clip on the rear tyre... Yeah, the race was abssolutely fantastic!!
Nop there was no contact at all and that was admitted by Ralf.
I forgot one statement to add of Ralf's
"If our tyres had touched even slightly, one of us would havebeen gone" ... "Atleast one of us would have a broken neck. I dont want that."
Old 25th May 2005, 03:28   #21
BHPian

When the Safety car was called in on lap 25 and everyone was going in for a pitstop, I was thinking *** is Mclaren doing by asking Kimi to stay out since he'll have to make a pitstop without any time advantage later. Funny thing is Kimi was going through the same thoughts

Here is an article explaining McLaren's decesion at that stage...http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32935

Cheers!!!
Old 25th May 2005, 11:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
Michael says( nice reply)
I was just wondering why Shuey didn't take Alonso at Imola the same way??
just goes to show how much more risk you take when you running out of the top 3.
Old 25th May 2005, 21:21   #23
BANNED

Race was awesome but the renaults lost it bad.. and sad.. i didnot understand one thing that overtaking is not possible on this track after that tunnel corner then how did micheal overtake Rubens just before the last corner.. team orders??
Old 25th May 2005, 21:24   #24
BHPian

This was Ruben's statement after the race....

"I lost a position to Michael right at the end, as I was trying to overtake Ralf. Michael took a gamble for the extra point. The most important thing we can take away from here is that the car was very good in the race." (Courtesy: ITV.com)

So I think it was team orders.....however he did complain about the risky manover from schumi....

another thing...didn't schumi also go over the yellow line after his 2nd pitstop...why wasn't he given a 10 sec penalty as rubens???

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 25th May 2005 at 21:40. Reason: More info
Old 25th May 2005, 23:14   #25
BANNED

But rubens was penalised for speeding in pits and not crossing the line.. but micheal didnot cross it he went on it..
Old 25th May 2005, 23:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
but micheal didnot cross it he went on it..
Hmm...I always thought that they were not supposed to even touch it.....anyway
Old 25th May 2005, 23:26   #27
BANNED

Even i feel the same and o feel micheal should be penalised for that.. and also those stupidest thing was done by the Saubers by Jackues attacking his own team mate..WTF?? because of them Ferrari were in points..
Old 25th May 2005, 23:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Even i feel the same and o feel micheal should be penalised for that.. and also those stupidest thing was done by the Saubers by Jackues attacking his own team mate..WTF?? because of them Ferrari were in points..
Yeah JV mentioned later that it was his fault. Massa tires were in bad shape and the team had asked JV to overtake Massa but it was done badly. The team very well knew the risk....but they didn't expect the worst to happen.
Old 26th May 2005, 22:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

i was on holiday.. got to watch it on a horrible old bw tv.. with lots of disturbance
pity the renualts had to spoil so many drivers' races..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks