BMW Williams 2 4.76%
Red Bull (ex-Jaguar) 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2005, 18:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

The most improved F-1 team in 2005

Fellow bhpians

With Ferrari nearly out of the reckoning (for now) for the constructors championship, whom do you think has done a great job in improving themselves this year. While several teams have benefitted at Ferrari's cost, whom do you think has performed better than other teams in terms of improvement as well as over its performance in 2004.

Vote and tell us why you think so.
Old 23rd May 2005, 18:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its a tough one really.. Toyota, McLaren and RedBull have really upped their game. BMW Williams are going well, but, i dont consider them to really pose a challenge to any of the other teams in this poll. Its clearly been a McLaren domination in the last couple of races, in the previous two, they looked strong.
Toyota on the other hand, have improved by leaps and bounds... they are one of the big budget team and still young in F1, but, have really worked hard to get where they are today.
RedBull.... well, they have risen from the ashes haven't they! The team had virtually died out last season. Great comeback by the team. a good set of drivers doing their job really well and putting the team in the points.
Now, the answer to the question, of who is the most improved team...... i can't decide which team! Its gotta be one of those three teams.. RedBull is the real contender...

I think i'll choose the RedBull Cosworth..... errr wait or should it be the McLaren or the Toyota....i think i need time for this one!
Old 23rd May 2005, 19:58   #3
F50
Senior - BHPian

According to me Toyota is the most improved team this year.
Reasons.
We all know Mclaren is a potential front running team and the pace they are showing right now i am not at all surprised, i mean come on they should be doing this.
Renaults, they already shown improvements last year and they did have a good car and thats why they were 3rd in the constructors in 2004.
My vote would have gone for Renaults for most improved team ..... but in 2004

Now for Toyota, they are just fullfilling their promise when they entered in F1, they said within 3 yrs we'll show improvements and thats what they are doing.
I feel the current cars have the potential to finish on the podium and i think once it did also, but due to problems they not able to perform.

And for Redbull they are relatively new, but in the intial stages they showed good pace but now they lack the same.
For Bmw-Williams it goes the same as the Mclaren, they are also strong team, reliability issues are what they need to solve. BTW they performed well in Monaco.
Old 23rd May 2005, 20:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is a no brainer for me. It's Toyota. They were really struggling till last season and come 2005 they are really up there with strong performances, great reliability and the podiums too. And its not long before we see a Toyota at the top step of the podium.

Second I would vote for Red Bull. They have come up pretty well too.

Dippy
Old 23rd May 2005, 20:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Toyota and Red Bull have really improved the best!
Renault also have been very powerful at the start. McLaren had its ups and downs all through the years.
The only teams to deteriorate are Ferrari and BAR Honda.
Jordan was at its peak during the 1998-2000 season, but then gradually got worse.
Minardi has been where it is but are surely been improving with their cars.
Old 23rd May 2005, 22:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

McLaren improved so much this year...they not only finishing the races, even getting victories..great driving by Kimi..would hate to see Alonso on the podium
Old 23rd May 2005, 23:56   #7
BHPian

For me .... it's redbull & toyota....couldn't vote for both, hence voted for redbull....just cause a team which was completely written off has come back with a bang!!! Toyota too has done an amazing job...but I feel some part of their success goes to Trulli. He's been a revelation driving this car....

Cheers!!!
Old 24th May 2005, 01:11   #8
Team-BHP Support

Toyota is certainly the most improved team of 2005. If I'm not wrong, they finished 3rd last in 2004. 3rd last to 2nd - that's a massive improvement, isn't it? Actually Ralf Schumacher seems to have hit the jackpot - Williams don't seem to be quite as good as Toyota this year.
McLaren have always been among the best and so have Renault - remember it was Benetton (now called Renault) that gave MS his first world championship.
Red Bull are doing pretty good with the relatively low budget that they have.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th May 2005 at 22:00.
Old 24th May 2005, 10:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

it has to be Toyota for me ! they are the youngest teams and they are amonsgt the top runners this season ...plus they are engine suppliers for Jordan...Toyota is here to stay ...
red bull racing would be the second most improved team ..they certainly seem to have upped the pace ...
Old 24th May 2005, 11:05   #10
BHPian

It has got to be Toyota, the way they have improved can almost be compared to the change that had occured in the BAR camp last year..... I also remember Steve Slater telling last year that it could be Toyota's year next.
Old 24th May 2005, 13:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well i voted for McLaren. They really have come out of the hell which they have been thru in the last two seasons and really emerged as a team that could match its performance in the 98-99 seasons. Kimi has finally got the car to match his potential, and the last two races have been evidence of the same.

Renault again have improved a lot, but 2nd on my list has to be Toyota. For a team that has only seen 3-4 seasons of racing prior to this and no F-1 history to back it up, unlike Honda and Renault who took a sabbatical in the 90s only to return at the turn of the millenium. With 2 drivers who are experienced and a good car, Toyota really are in the running for next year. But they need to sustain their performance or could see a similar fate, ala BAR-Honda.

Another noteworthy mention is Red-Bull racing. Just goes to show, sometimes a bit of passion and management skills is all it takes to bring a team to the door of competitive success. Jaguar really need to learn their lessons from this experience before they ever get into other forms of racing. Or even their return to F-1.

BMW Williams has been the case of a mismatch between engine provider and constructor for years. 5 years on and they still have to give the top team a scare at the constructors championship. BMW hasn't been able to replicate its mid-80s success. Monaco is a one-off, they need to perform more consistently to get back to good ol' days.

Revv
Old 26th May 2005, 02:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Toyota,without a doubt.They were trying to get a foot hold of the situation since a long time.And they have bounced back and surprised literally everyone this season.The cars performance have been really amazing.But they still have to prove a point in the consistensy department.

X
Old 26th May 2005, 12:34   #13
BANNED

Has to be toyota but then poor driving by Ralf is a shame to the team..
Old 26th May 2005, 13:20   #14
BHPian

I;ve voted Red Bull. To think at the beginning of the season Narain Karthikeyan thought only Red Bull and Minardi would be competition, heck Red Bull have done better than Ferrari!!
Old 26th May 2005, 18:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

I have zeroed in on RedBull Cosworth. To rise from nowhere against all odds with everyone writing you off even before the season starts and finish constantly within the points is something good.
When i heard that RedBull has taken over Jaguar... i never expected them to do so well. Its got to be the RedBull.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks