Team-BHP - F1's Future
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   F1's Future (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/57621-f1s-future.html)

This might mean that we will find lot of teams in F1 in future, but not Manufacturers. It simply means we have no more Constructors championship and its team fighting things on track, just like GP2. If this happens its a shame.

Bernie & Max at it again :Frustrati

Quote:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formul.../ferrari.shtml

Let discover who is pushing to get the Red out of the F1 world: after the irrational proposals of Mosley (single engine and budget cap for some) the interest for the Prancing Horse for F.1 could change.

Milan, April 28, 2009 - Three points in 4 races is not an exciting result, but Ferrari at this moment also has problems that affect not only the racing machines. Sunday, in Sakhir, Montezemolo, as chairman of Fota, has met all the manufacturers and also had a long discussion with Ecclestone. Objective: ensure that the crazy projects of Mosley, like the single engine, or the teams split, (teams with a budget limited to 33 million euros against the teams with a free budget), could not translate into reality. Ferrari, but also Renault, BMW, Toyota and Mercedes, ardently desire a reduction in costs, but have no intention of following a path that would reduce the F1 to the level of any GP2, where is missing the essential goal pursued by the big manufacturers: research.

FIA COUNCIL - Mosley, however, already during the FIA Council in Paris tomorrow will insist on its proposals which will, no doubt, attract new teams in F1 (lets underline: team, not manufacturers!) but would definitively push Ferrari, as well as the other teams that give prestige to the F1 WC, to abandon F1. With easily imaginable consequences in terms of revenue, TV rights and more.

BERNIE – Ecclestone, on the subject, is evasive: "We have to see what Mosley really wants for he, sometimes, comes up with extravagant proposals. But I am sure that very soon we will reach an agreement in F.1, without further divisions." It is a wish, even if the solution to the problem could be immediate if Ecclestone could be taken into the Fota. This would put Mosley definitively out of the game. But Max is somebody too smart and intelligent to go round with such disruptive solutions without having a second goal, an hidden agenda. What?

ELECTIONS – All this, of course, could be a maneuver linked to the elections for the FIA presidency in autumn, with Mosley wanting a new term, knowing that Jean Todt is at the door, ready to take over. In a scenario so nebulous, the Ferrari is extremely worried for the future of F1, a sport in which it has always been present and from which it got glory, money and the technology that is applied to its road cars.

CLEAVAGE - Montezemolo does not want divisions but this could be the only way out, if Ferrari should not be guaranteed the conditions that had always pushed the Prancing Horse to race in F1. Ironically - and this is strange - today the enemies of Ferrari are Mosley and Ecclestone, the ones that in their respective roles have been closer in recent decades, starting from the time of the Great Elder. But years pass, people change, the scenarios too, , in a subtle game of memories, retaliation, compensation.

Pino Allievi
Gazzetta dello Sport

Maybe F1 could do with a bit of change, Ferrari made its name as a private team 60 years ago. There was a time when private teams were doing quite well in F1 - Williams was dominant for quite a few years, & wasn't Mclaren successful (or popular) when it wasn't McLaren-Mercedes ?

What exactly have the manufacturers brought into F1 ? Granted recent F1 history is littered with quite a few private teams, but there have been exceptions (RedBull ?). If the proposed ascendancy of private teams in F1 could lead to a future Ferrari, McLaren, or Lotus, maybe we should welcome rather than denigrate it. Innovation need not die just because we switch to private teams...

P.S. - I continue to be an ardent Ferrari fan, & 2009 is turning out to be a rather painful season for the Tifosi, hence all these rants !

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini (Post 1282940)
Maybe F1 could do with a bit of change, Ferrari made its name as a private team 60 years ago. There was a time when private teams were doing quite well in F1 - Williams was dominant for quite a few years, & wasn't Mclaren successful (or popular) when it wasn't McLaren-Mercedes ?

What exactly have the manufacturers brought into F1 ? Granted recent F1 history is littered with quite a few private teams, but there have been exceptions (RedBull ?). If the proposed ascendancy of private teams in F1 could lead to a future Ferrari, McLaren, or Lotus, maybe we should welcome rather than denigrate it. Innovation need not die just because we switch to private teams...

P.S. - I continue to be an ardent Ferrari fan, & 2009 is turning out to be a rather painful season for the Tifosi, hence all these rants !

Quite well said!
But then the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that Mad Max Mosley is in a power struggle with the FOTA.

F1 surely needs a reality check with the costs spiraling out of control and I'm sure there would be ways to reign in the costs but having a 2 tier championship is just plain wrong.

Lets see what the future holds and I hope it does not end up a spec series ala GP2.

My 2 bits...

A typical cost cutting measure would be to have a consistent regulation. I am tired of spending time every reason to understand whats allowed and whats not. Any new regulation requires resources which is obviously money. The FIA can work on those lines rather than the Mad Max proposals we have for 2010.

Would this cost cutting make way for other new teams to enter F1??

Definitely as a bottom line F1 has changed a lot and would change a lot in the future also.The recent changes like the rear diffuser etc has resulted in unusual results and nice one too.It should never be like every time its a ferrari or a mclaren.I dont feel that any of the current manufacturers would quit.Toyota for that matter has been consistently doing well this season.A nice thing when we are talking the future of F1.And most of the manufacturers are there already in one way or the other supporting the sport-whether they contribute directly as engines or chasis is not relevant as they might not have that kind of facility or infrastructure for that.A good example being TATA.Lets hope for the best and let all the existing teams be there for loong,
cheers
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247 (Post 1287611)

I guess so...

Apparently £30 million was the average figure most private teams, that were considering an entry into F1, were comfortable with. The voluntary budget cap has been set at £40 million with "sops" if the cap is adhered to (driver salaries are outside the budget cap). Teams limiting their budget can have unrestricted engine revs, movable front & rear aero-bodywork, unlimited testing, & I think, KERS with twice the 2009 power limit.

The worry is that the grid would be split into two classes - those with the unlimited budgets & those without. Another concern is effective policing of the budget. It remains to be seen if greater technical freedom triumphs over unlimited spending. Obviously, most of the private teams on the grid have come forward to support the budget cap.

I can't help but think that Max is worried that F1, as it stands, would collapse (or be crippled) if one or more of the prominent F1 teams withdraw from the sport next year (Renault or Toyota). Hence this hurried need to "pack" the grid with private teams (the grid size goes up to 26 for 2010).

Is anybody else concerned that refueling is on the chopping block for 2010 ? And insisting on KERS seems to fly in the face of reduced budgets - F1 seems very confused right now & so is its future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247 (Post 1287611)

Theoretically yes. Thats why you have names likes USF1, Lola and even Prodrive (Aston Martin) cropping up.

If memory serves me right, we would come to know the new teams by mid June, there would be a meeting mid May and the new entries would be discussed.

If Mosley is to be believed the cost cap is to attract new teams, he expects 3 new teams for next year. Hence the grid will now have 26 cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronix (Post 1287602)
A typical cost cutting measure would be to have a consistent regulation. I am tired of spending time every reason to understand whats allowed and whats not. Any new regulation requires resources which is obviously money. The FIA can work on those lines rather than the Mad Max proposals we have for 2010.

Thats been the bane of F1 since 2004. Constant rule changes and thats what the FOTA have suggested but Max being Max has all but ignored them.

If manufacturers pull out then we would have another A1 like race.same machine diff drivers and that would be spoiling the thrill of the sport.No sweating over new researches regarding every aspect of cars.just plain racing.I pray it remains the same as it is today.

OK so if more teams would join, then in a way F1 will be more fun with more racing taking place..

And if smaller (comparatively) teams like Prodrive, Force India, USF1 etc have the money to be in F1, why did a big scale car manufacturer like Honda which sells millions of cars every year globally, quit the scene??

And also if the smaller teams have the moolah to be in F1, don't Porsche, Lambo, Nissan etc have what it takes to be there too??

Ferrari is obvious to quit F1 if Max's mad plan for 2010 continues

Read More Here - The Official Formula 1 Website

I couldnt find possible words to swear at the old b****s Bernie & Max!

I dont think it'l make much of a diff even if this happens.

Racing will be racing, and as long as we have competent drivers fighting it out on track, it will be enjoyable.

Most of the fighting in F1 today does not happen on track, but in the form of controversies.

Atleast with the new rules, each driver will have an equal opportunity to win races and prove his worth as a racing driver.

Shan2nu

As you can see in this season, its the CAR that matters most in F1 rather than the driver. If these budget caps mean all of them will be racing with a similiar car, it'll all be down to the driver and his skill to win races. Now thats more like racing isn't it.

Its not just Ferrari thinking about quitting, i think Toyota would be doing the same if this budget cap is introduced.
F1 links: Toyota threatens to quit | F1 Fanatic - The Formula 1 Blog | F1 video | F1 pictures | F1 news | Lewis Hamilton | Fernando Alonso

If two big teams like Ferrari and Toyota quit, you think it won't make any difference to F1!!

Quote:

As you can see in this season, its the CAR that matters most in F1 rather than the driver.
Exactly, it was so ironic to see Button lapping Hamilton in a car that uses an engine made by the same manufacturer. And this coming from a guy who was struggling at the bottom of the grid, last season.

It took Button some 116 F1 start to win his first race and here he is today, with 4 wins out of 5 races.

F1 is one of the most unfair form of motorsport, if you look at it from a drivers perspective.

Shan2nu