Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 23:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
In india they are many people like me who killed their dreams because they didn't have the "prerequisites" to enter the sport. If everyone had equal opportunities or shall i say access to better motor racing infrastructure , you never know, someone might have even surpassed karthikeyan by now.
I second that! How many folks can actually pursue ther dreams? It's always, there's so much money involved!
I can say that Karthikeyan was lucky enough to get into F1 but he was not able to prove his worth to the sport! Finally, along with money, talent does count.
Old 14th June 2009, 23:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
In india they are many people like me who killed their dreams because they didn't have the "prerequisites" to enter the sport.
Boo hoo man, tough luck. Welcome to the real world.

Quote:
Boss he was born with a silver spoon. People who you see in lime light like armaan, karun, akhil, etc are either somehow got their chance because of their parent's association with the sport or with money.
That crib was uncalled for Abbas. If you were in their shoes, you would have been on the tracks actually walking the talk, instead of being an armchair critic.

@everyone who thinks Narain is an undeserving driver: (Just because he couldnt make it the ONE time he had a chance to be on the podium)
Congrats, you are proving the age old adage about how Indians cant see another Indian do well. I guess all of you are perfect with your lives.

If only you guys ever actually tried racing with your own finances, you would know the pain. RANT OFF! (now to sit back and watch the gyan I get from all the perfect people of the world).
Old 14th June 2009, 23:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

You know, I only started this to give everyone a light lol moment. Not start a heated debate about NK's career.
Old 14th June 2009, 23:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
Boo hoo man, tough luck. Welcome to the real world.

That crib was uncalled for Abbas. If you were in their shoes, you would have been on the tracks actually walking the talk, instead of being an armchair critic.

@everyone who thinks Narain is an undeserving driver: (Just because he couldnt make it the ONE time he had a chance to be on the podium)
Congrats, you are proving the age old adage about how Indians cant see another Indian do well. I guess all of you are perfect with your lives.

If only you guys ever actually tried racing with your own finances, you would know the pain. RANT OFF! (now to sit back and watch the gyan I get from all the perfect people of the world).
I never said he was undeserving, neither i am questioning his talent. i am only stating that his talent was polished with training and thats what takes vitamin M which most of the younger people who have that same passion cannot afford.

And for you info i did try racing on my finances and would'nt want to discuss here at it would be a long story.

You could have replied in a better tone. Was not expecting this kind of lingo from you. Please have a healthy discussion rather than provoking others to reply in the same manner as you did.
Old 14th June 2009, 23:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Boss he was born with a silver spoon. People who you see in lime light like armaan, karun, akhil, etc are either somehow got their chance because of their parent's association with the sport or with money.

In india they are many people like me who killed their dreams because they didn't have the "prerequisites" to enter the sport. If everyone had equal opportunities or shall i say access to better motor racing infrastructure , you never know, someone might have even surpassed karthikeyan by now.
I could argue that if NK has been exposed to the same kind of environment as racing drivers in Europe are exposed to ...he could have done much better (I know he went to prost racing school, but born and brought up there is different) . But to his disadvantage, he was born in Coimbatore, which by international standards is very pedestrian in terms of racing infrastructure.

Or If you and I have the same kind of wealth that he has, perhaps we would have chosen to squander the wealth and become a spoilt brat rather than sweating it out in the gym and risking our lives racing......

Whatever said and done, he is the first person to represent India to make it to F1. Though he had some funding behind him, all was not from his own pocket. He was able to convince the likes of TATA and Jk to back him with his racing abilities.

Will you not accept a cricketers from Mumbai or any other metro just because he has better access to training facilities?

Please understand that in real life, never ever, everyone has equal opportunity....

Grow up.
Old 14th June 2009, 23:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I know this is a public forum and anyone can just talk anything.
But, there is yet to be ONE SINGLE Indian to even match his achievements, let alone beat it.
You have no idea what it takes to be born in this country and get into racing and reach the pinnacle of motorsports.
Give the devil his due!

Totally agree with you notrous. People here just seem to make fun of him, and think they are better drivers than NK, 'racing' their swifts and alto around, with a nice secure job and all. Nobody understands how difficult it is for him to achieve what he has done. I agree, NK may not be the best around, but with the limited sponsorship and other problems he is having, the least we can do is stop making fun of him, and cheer for him It costs nothing. In any other country, people would support any of their men in any venture, whereas in India, everyone wants to pull their people down, and mock them. Sad.
Old 15th June 2009, 00:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

nitrous:Relax Dude, Easy on the pep talk.I was very much born in this country so am well aware of the nitty gritties you need to make it big so you dont need to remind me.In this country you either need money or a big daddy and you right up there in what ever you doing.And if you think that karthikeyan is the pinnacle of indian motor spotrs you need to raise your standards.I am sure there are many people out there who can beat him on any given day but cant do it beacuse they dont have the resources or they just dint get that one chance..The topic of discussion is karthikeyan and not the oppurtunitis you got when you were in school.So keeping to the topic karthikeyan is a major underachiever.There will definately be some one in due course who shall make india proud in motorsports.Its just a matter of time.

Last edited by bigron : 15th June 2009 at 01:07.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I do agree with you. You also need tp be born into a family that is rolling in cash.

The thing with Narain is this: He has not done well in F1. And a lot of Indians feel let down.

I agree that it is not easy to just go out there and perform and beat your team mate, but that is the general feeling among many Indians.

This is the same sad line that is repeated every time NK is talked about. What can he do if you have such expectations from him. It was his money, his hard work & his success/failure. Why do we have to judge him ? He was not born in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
You know, I only started this to give everyone a light lol moment. Not start a heated debate about NK's career.
It is always a heated debate here on T-BHP, we can never accept him for what he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
And if you think that karthikeyan is the pinnacle of indian motor spotrs you need to raise your standards.I am sure there are many people out there who can beat him on any given day but cant do it beacuse they dont have the resources or they just dint get that one chance..
Till date, if someone has won a major international race, it is him, so whom do YOU think is the pinnacle of Indian Motorsports currently. Or at least whom do you think is going to get there in the near future ?

BTW, given the same opportunity and if born in the same family, who knows you could have been sachin tendulkar or vivian richards.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:08   #24
BHPian

@ BigIron : Underachiever ??? What's your expectation sir ? a double world championship ??? ..
Old 15th June 2009, 23:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Been a big fan of NK and cant stand people cribbing that he was born with a silver spoon and all those reasons. He did something which he loved and is continuing to do the same. Never has he insulted the respect given to him and has he ever shown attitude or got bad press? Not once
So for all the people who like to crib all i have to say is please watch Taare Zameen Par! Then you will learn not to compare

Get well soon NK. Drive on
Old 16th June 2009, 00:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

esteem lover: trust me dude.the kind of family i am born into getting work done or finding support or for that matter oppurtunities is never going to be a problem.so lets not get into what i want or what i can do.If you want to get personal I can play this game too and i ll play it much harder then you can even think.

2the max: I am not expecting a double world championship or anything man.I appreciate the fact that you like him for what all he's done .I dont like him for what all he's done or not done.Its that simple.I dont doubt the fact that he has been the face of indian motorsports world over.
Old 16th June 2009, 02:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
esteem lover: trust me dude.the kind of family i am born into getting work done or finding support or for that matter oppurtunities is never going to be a problem.so lets not get into what i want or what i can do.If you want to get personal I can play this game too and i ll play it much harder then you can even think.

That above reply of yours was immature , like your other posts in this thread.

Motorsport is a game in which you need money as a prerequisite,its not a sport in which money will guarantee you to be a winner.

There are so many people in this country with the passion for the sport and also the money.Forget the country, there are members in this forum with passion and more money than NK. But none of them are cribbing or ranting!!!.

Forget the F1, NK raced in the domestic circuits before he went into F1. Since you are from a family where oppurtunity is never a problem, why dont you win a national level karting/rallying competition.

Then the members here would consider your comments as opinion and not RANT.

Carpe Diem!!

Last edited by artofzen : 16th June 2009 at 02:15.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:08   #28

You guys never fail to amaze me.
Here we have ONE SINGULAR INDIAN who has achieved so much in his career, and people here laugh at him because of a freak accident??
At all the so called haters for NK I say show me ONE other person who has even sat in an F1 car and raced it, let alone A1Gp, Le Mans etc.
Karun's been stuck in GP2 for the past couple of years.. and the rest are still struggling to get up to the aglets of NK's boots as far as putting India on the grid like he has done.
People.. MONEY is the name of the game in any country if you want to get anywhere in the international racing scene.. so by saying that NK was born with a silver spoon in his mouth etc.. I say to you look at Senna. Same situation right? Stop griping just cos he had the opportunity to do something.. its the infrastructure in our country that has let him down.. nothing else.
@ Bigron.. less talk and more action would prove your case more than anything
It's so true.. if One Indian makes an effort to do something in the international arena.. there are a million of his own countrymen pulling him down..
SHAMEFUL!
Old 16th June 2009, 11:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

artofzen:who's cribbing dude..If you read my first post , it was all in good humor.Read it , laugh it off and move on.No need to get touchy about it.

I know its really hard to make it big in this country and even harder if you the first one to do something that no one has done before.Its an uphill road for sure. And hats off to all the people who have made it big in their own way out off sheer hardwork and dedication.I have utmost repect for them.NK was the first one and will always be considered the first person who represented india in motorsporst globally.He certainly lead the way for the new people wanting to enter the fray. i am not taking that away from him.I just dont like him.Thats it.

Last edited by bigron : 16th June 2009 at 11:35.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just dont like him.Thats it.
You don't like his face ?

Or maybe you know him better than that ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks