Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 13:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour of illegal tyres on Force India, BMW and Toyota

Below is a google translation of a Spanish report. Forgive the poor grammar in the translation; Google isn't that good at changing Spanish to English.

The gist of it is that Flavio Briatore, Martin Whitmarsh and Christian Horner think that FI, BMW and Toyota are using illegal tyre modifications and that this is why they had such a good session yesterday. They reportedly want to launch a protest. I honestly hope this isn't true as it ruins the first FI pole. No reputed source (no other source, in fact) has yet reported this story so fingers crossed.

Source of article: Los rumores 'manchan' la foto de la pole - F1 al día

Quote:
On having finished the meeting of classification of this Big Award of Belgium, we all have remained surprised with the results. First he has been Giancarlo Fisichella, with his I Forced India, in the first time that the Italian was spending to the Q3 this period, second has been Jarno Trulli and third Nick Heidfeld. What it surprises to the whole paddock is that there are teams in serious economic problems and with the possibility that they do not cover the next period. On the part of BMW it is already confirmed.

The rumor that is circulating along the paddock is that I Forced India, Toyota and BMW have used a few tires, which only these three teams have had, and which have made them improve the grip conditions, in time approximately 3 or 4 tenths. This rumor has been promoted by Flavio Briatore, Cristian Horner and Martin Withmarsh, that have been surprised with the result of the meeting, and quite angry they have begun to look for explanations and to study the possible 'pitfalls' that could have been done.

I am going to try to give an explanation to the rumor studying the times that the pilots have done during the whole weekend and finally we will see that there thinks the chief of Renault, Flavio Briatore who has been the one that more has explained himself in this sense.

Rejecting the times of the free ones 1 of Friday, which on wet track they us do not serve to the being, we can realize a small study, or a kidling dig it from what it could have gone on with these teams.

Let's start by saying that if they have used these 'special tires', thing that is a rumor to which we are going to try to give explanation, they have done it of an incredibly hidden form, nobody had suspected anything up to today. Supposing that the teams meeting have allowed meeting the use of these 'special tires' to only 1 pilot for team, we can see that this explanation would fit perfectly.

Speaking about Force India we can see that in the second free Giancarlo Fisichella finishes in the sixth position, to only 3 tenths of firstly classified, while Adrian Sutil could be only thirteenth, three tenths slower than his team-mate, therefore we can understand, this Friday would be a Fisichella who would take the 'special tires'. Today on Saturday, in the third free ones, we see that Adrian Sutil finishes third (behind Heidfeld and Trulli, exactly) and to only 3 tenths of the BMW, meanwhile Fisichella loses four tenths with regard to his team-mate, when in the second free Fisichella it was surpassing to Subtle in 3 tenths. In the classification meeting my conclusion is that it would be again Fisichella who would take the 'special tires', since Subtle it did not come to the Q3, and his difference in the Q2 was 5 tenths.

Speaking about Toyota, everything is similar to others two racing teams, Friday would be a Rip-off Glock who in the second free ones would be helped to improve his times with these tires, with an advantage of 3 tenths with his partner. And on Saturday day Trulli was the beneficiary, in the third free ones it was surpassing his partner in almost 5 tenths and in the classification the advantage was 3 tenths, more 8 more kg of fuel that Trulli takes.

If we speak about BMW the topic it is the same, in the second free Kubica it would take the progress of tires, which would give him an advantage on his partner of 5 tenths. On Saturday day, it would be Heidfeld who would take this 'help' in the third free ones, he would have an advantage on his partner of 6 tenths and in the classification meeting it would be again Nick who would have the progress, which would give him an advantage of 1 tenth with regard to his partner in addition to 6 more kg of fuel that German takes.

And to finish, this was the opinion of Flavio Briatore on having finished the classification meeting: "In Valencia, his target was to go on to the Q2. Now they are in the first line..." Also Flavio was surprised at the declarations realized by Fisichella: "For the first time my car was perfect."

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 30th August 2009 at 13:36.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:49   #2
BHPian

No other websites ( I mean those I follow ) have a word about this issue. Including the F1 website which is quick in releasing the news. Lets wait and watch.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Me thinks others are sore losers ! We will wait and watch but like Ranjith mentions, so far the official formula 1 website does not have anything to say about this.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yep. As I mentioned, no other source, F1 or otherwise, is reporting this. Googling it gives no results. So hopefully it stays like that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks