Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 20:11   #1
BHPian

Final battle for 2009 world championship title. EDIT : Button champion!

Formula1-- The championship leader Button, still not yet confirm he is going to take 2009 world championship. Button is fighting with team-mate Rubens barrichello and also Sebastian vettel is thinking the title hope. 2 more races to go i don't know who going to take the 2009 world championship title!

WRC- - The champion Sebastien loeb is only one point behind Mikko hirvonen, the final race in Great Britain , who going to win in GB, that guy(loeb or mikko) going to take 2009 world championship title!

Motogp-- The great Moto gp champion Valentino rossi(Doctor) , currently Rossi is leader in championship table, the doctor is fighting 2009 championship with team mate lorenzo, Just leading 18 points and 2 race to go and very important Rossi struggling with pace and grip in last races , the doctor finished 4th place in Portuguese gp.Not yet decided the title!

Come on motor sports fans, count down the Final battle for 2009 world championship title !!!! who going to win 2009 Final battle for 2009 world championship?
Old 6th October 2009, 10:58   #2
BHPian

I want Miko to win WRC Title.

I guess that anyone deserves the Motogp Title but I may side Rossi.

I want Rubens to win but looks like Button may take it.
Old 10th October 2009, 14:22   #3
BHPian

WRC-- Mikko should win
Formula1- Rubens should win
MotoGp--- Always the doctor --ROSSI
Old 25th October 2009, 16:00   #4
BHPian

Hi friends,

Nobody follows NASCAR here, it seems. Rather surprising as we are all driving stock cars and should have some affinity toward stock car racing. I believe India needs a customized version of NASCAR, something like Indian association of stock car auto racing (IASCAR). Would be fun and a lot of T-BHPians will be found racing in there, I guess.

Anyway, chase for the championship is on in the original NASCAR and even though I was rooting for Juan Pablo Montoya, he seems to have lost it with a horrible race at Charlotte. But 5 races still to go and a lot of racing left to do. I hope it is anybody but Jimmie Johnson
Old 25th October 2009, 20:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Hi friends,

Nobody follows NASCAR here, it seems. Rather surprising as we are all driving stock cars and should have some affinity toward stock car racing. I believe India needs a customized version of NASCAR, something like Indian association of stock car auto racing (IASCAR). Would be fun and a lot of T-BHPians will be found racing in there, I guess.

Anyway, chase for the championship is on in the original NASCAR and even though I was rooting for Juan Pablo Montoya, he seems to have lost it with a horrible race at Charlotte. But 5 races still to go and a lot of racing left to do. I hope it is anybody but Jimmie Johnson
Hate to nitpick here, but the thing about the so-called Stock car racing in NASCAR is the fact that there is NOTHING stock about those stock cars. The acronym has stuck since the 40s when actual production cars were raced on Daytona Beach and likes- the modern NASCAR race cars bear NO RESEMBLANCE whatsoever to any STOCK production car on the road.

The specs roughly include a spaceframe chassis, a mandatory carb-fuelled pushrod small-block and a four-speed gearbox without overdrive. They still manage to push out over 700 horses revving to 9k rpm. When was the last time any production pushrod made that kind of power spinning those revs without forced induction?? And when was the last time when a four-barrel carb was used with a four-speed shifter on a production car? Probably a couple of decades ago. Get my point??

It is just another US-crazy phenomenon, what with their big marketing and amazing reach which made even Toyota enter the fray. I personally find more technical and contemporary tin-top racing more interesting, likes of the FIA GT, WTCC and BTCC or even our homegrown Super Saloon class.

Last edited by doomsday : 25th October 2009 at 20:58.
Old 25th October 2009, 22:33   #6
BHPian

Thanks a lot, doomsday. The information presented by you is good. I definitely knew that the cars raced in NASCAR are not same as the ones that run on the road. But you seem to have dug deeper into the details and I really appreciate that. In fact, it is very obvious that Hendrick cars are not always faster because of better drivers but because of the way their crew chiefs like Chad Knaus extract maximum benefit out of the rules that specify how much any feature can be modified
Old 26th October 2009, 10:24   #7
kunal781

What a weekend it was for motor sports fans and the record books too!

MotoGP:
Valentino Rossi won the 2009 championship at the wet Sepang GP by finishing 3rd, Casey Stoner won the race followed by Dani Pedrosa.

This is Valentino Rossi's 9th 'World Title' and 7th in MotoGP class (i.e. 500cc/990cc/800cc). Undoubtedly the greatest motorcycle rider of all times.

He alos equalled the all time recod or most number of pole positions, with the season finale to happen at Valencia may be Vale can break this one too

WRC: Sebastien Loeb wins his 6th WRC title at the British rally at Wales. Loeb won the championship with a lead of just 1 point ahead of Mikko Hirvonen.

Mikko was all set to win the title but a loose bonnet pin caused it to flip open and the Finn lost a minute to fix it, and that actually caused him to loose the title.

Mikko says “The bonnet pin was the last of our problems. To be honest I lost the rally yesterday when I could not get the speed but that's life, we had the best performance ever up until then and I know for sure Seb has been under pressure from me all the way through."

WSBK: (This is my favourite news of the weekend) Ben Spies won the WSBK title and the manufacturers title for Yamaha which is their first ever. On the same day when the MotoGP constructors and riders title was sealed in Sepang.

The most appreciable fact here is that this is Ben's first year in WSBK!

The American is all set to move to MotoGP in the Tech 3 Yamaha team to replace James Toseland, and has a wild card entry for the Valencia GP.

Old 2nd November 2009, 14:50   #8
BHPian

Hey guys,

The NASCAR chase is going as predicted. Jimmie Johnson seems to be comfortably closing in on his 4th straight Sprint Cup. This Sunday the race at Talladega was the last hope for those of us praying for a non-JJ victor. Talladega has a reputation for throwing big wrecks that can change the picture instantaneously but Johnson seems to be blessed with special luck. He pitted for fuel just when it seemed that he was destined to finish somewhere in the 20s. Just then, a big wreck followed and JJ got the maximum benefit as several guys ran out of fuel later and lost precious racing time. On the other hand, JJ's pitting time was kind of compensated for by the caution period, which almost brings the entire field close together.

From a seemingly 20th at best, JJ vaulted to 6th as a result of this series of events. Now, he seems to be unstoppable and we face a boring spectacle of watching final three races in the chase already knowing the end outcome
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Now when is this years Race Of Champions? Its gonna be great watching these guys battle it out.

I hope they invite drivers from Nascar, Indycar, WTCC etc...as well.

Would also be interesting to have an ROC for the bikers (motogp, 250, 125, sbk, motocross etc)

Shan2nu
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:46   #10
kunal781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Now when is this years Race Of Champions? Its gonna be great watching these guys battle it out.

I hope they invite drivers from Nascar, Indycar, WTCC etc...as well.

Would also be interesting to have an ROC for the bikers (motogp, 250, 125, sbk, motocross etc)

Shan2nu
Oh yeah.. that would be a site to see !

Old 23rd November 2009, 12:22   #11
BHPian

Hi friends,

NASCAR season is over, finally. The result is no different than predicted. Jimmie Johnson completes a four peat for the first time in NASCAR history. With that he reaches third in the all-time list. I hope sincerely he does not make it five in a row next season. JJ please give the viewers and fans a break NASCAR is becoming boring like this with Hendrick Motorsports and JJ dominating season after season

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks