Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will be 2010 F1 WDC?
Schumacher 53 43.80%
Hamilton 19 15.70%
Alonso 31 25.62%
Button 3 2.48%
Massa 7 5.79%
Vettel 7 5.79%
Others 1 0.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 10:58   #46
BHPian

Just voted for Alonso. But on second thought the combination of Brawn and Schumacher is also very formidable. As for the rest, good luck catching some proverbial dust.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:13   #47
BHPian

My heart says Schumi, but with Ferrari putting their all into the 2010 car and with Alonso/Massa behind the wheel, i think they will be formidable opponents. The rest of the grid too is hot right now, with Hamilton, Vettel, and who knows, even Kobayashi (he looked very promising last year), but I have my own doubts about Button giving the others a tough fight. All I can think of at this point in time is Schumi and Alonso banging wheels. Wow, there's gonna be some good racing this next season!
Old 31st December 2009, 15:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

Massa

Massa Hopefully. This boy has got it except for his stupid car in 2009. Let him down badly, lets see the RED comeback in 2010.

Guys, Question.

(1) Was it Ferrari that made Schumi what he is today? Or Did Scumi make Ferrari what they are today?

(2) Did you feel Ferrari did not want Schumi back? Or do you feel Schumi did not want to go back to Ferrari?

Does this 2 topics need a new thread, I am sure each of us will answer differently...!!
Old 31st December 2009, 17:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

1) A bit of both

2) They probably both wanted each other but Ferrari had to choose between Santander and Schumacher. They made their choice.
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Massa Hopefully. This boy has got it except for his stupid car in 2009. Let him down badly, lets see the RED comeback in 2010.

Guys, Question.

(1) Was it Ferrari that made Schumi what he is today? Or Did Scumi make Ferrari what they are today?

(2) Did you feel Ferrari did not want Schumi back? Or do you feel Schumi did not want to go back to Ferrari?

Does this 2 topics need a new thread, I am sure each of us will answer differently...!!
IMO schumacher had more to do with making ferrari what it is today in the beginning of 1996-1997. Him being a double world champion with benetton, choosing to join a relatively unknown team in ferrari under jean todt speaks more about jean todt's convincing skills and schumi affinity towards risk. But then with schumacher getting injured and with the rise of mike hakkinen for a couple years, ferrari supported their driver and they got ample rewards from 1999 till 2005. Whew! what a run it was. I still think the 2002 ferrari was probably the best ever. It dominated the circuit like no other. So, yes ferrari has more to do with schumi winning at the later stages in terms of good cars and good tactics due to Mr. Brawn.

Last edited by gshanky : 2nd January 2010 at 00:09. Reason: correcting the date
Old 2nd January 2010, 01:32   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
IMO schumacher had more to do with making ferrari what it is today in the beginning of 1996-1997. Him being a double world champion with benetton, choosing to join a relatively unknown team in ferrari under jean todt speaks more about jean todt's convincing skills and schumi affinity towards risk. But then with schumacher getting injured and with the rise of mike hakkinen for a couple years, ferrari supported their driver and they got ample rewards from 1999 till 2005. Whew! what a run it was. I still think the 2002 ferrari was probably the best ever. It dominated the circuit like no other. So, yes ferrari has more to do with schumi winning at the later stages in terms of good cars and good tactics due to Mr. Brawn.
I think more to do with Mr. Brawn. Whereever he goes the team wins.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:46   #52
BHPian

Being an ardent follower of Schuey, I cant imagine voting for anyone else. But with the testing instructions imposed by FIA, can Schuey get the best possible feedback to improve the car with his usual lap by lap improvement?

Isnt that why we have got Ross for?

My order will be :

Schuey
Alonso
Vettel / Hamilton (I hate to quote this, but with McLaren in such a good shape cant ignore it.)
Old 4th January 2010, 21:01   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

Guys, Question.

- Ferrari has the money, but they never had a team who can get the maximum out of it. Schuey, along with Ross and Byrne just did that. But then the same team did win WDC and WCC at Benetton. So its more about Schuey's contribution to Ferrari. Barring Alonso, with the current team I have no doubt in saying that Ferrari will go back to their old times where they were the laughing stock of the entire paddock.

- Ferrari couldnt give Schumi a driving seat as they already have two drivers who are comitted to them for a longer period which is uncertain in the case of Schumi. Thats altogether another reason why Luca Di pushed for 3rd car. The " not being able to race in August,09 " triggered the just needed push for Schumi to look for alternatives and the world wouldnt have asked for a better scenario with Merc taking over Brawn GP.

Clearly its all Ferrari's mistake to this to happen and soon they will be licking their wounds. Look at me talking against Ferrari, the team I admired a lot in the last decade.

Its the master I care about damn.
Old 28th February 2010, 08:04   #54
Senior - BHPian

Who do you think will win the F1 WDC this year?

With less the 2week for the 2010 F1 season to kick start, lets start placing out bets on who we think will win the WDC this year. It's gonna be a close one with so many new teams and drivers this time.

MODS - Please edit the WCC to WDC in the poll title.

Last edited by karthik247 : 28th February 2010 at 08:16.
Old 28th February 2010, 08:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

I would like to see Alonso winning the WDC with Massa the runner up and the order to be reversed the following year.

Schumi to win it in the third year and retire triumphantly

If only winning was as easy as talking, all these would have happened. But I am hopeful
Old 1st March 2010, 14:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Surprising that very few rate Vettel's chances. If Redbull manage to close the gap to Ferrari in time for the European races, that boy is going to trouble Alonso and Hamilton.

Rosberg is another under rated driver. Watch out for him. He has the potential to upset Schumacher and his fans.
Old 1st March 2010, 18:10   #57
BHPian

I voted for Massa. Although majority have voted for Schumacher, i think age will get the better of him. Hamilton and Button, will end up in a battle of Britain among themselves. Alonso is in his 1st year with Ferrari and may be forced to make way for Massa. Massa thus to me is the most likely winner. But hey, on race day, anything and i mean anything can happen!
Old 1st March 2010, 21:34   #58
BHPian

Voted for Alonso. He is the best driver today and in the best car. His Latin temperament will fit the Ferrari team spirit.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:32   #59
BHPian

Karun Chandhok is all set to become only the second driver in India's motorsport history to race in Formula 1.
The GP2 driver has reportedly signed a contract with Campos Meta to drive for them for the 2010 season starting next month.

SRC:IBNLIVE

I would like to vote for an Indian though schumi is the one i expect to win all

Last edited by AbdulRahmanM : 3rd March 2010 at 14:38.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:18   #60
BHPian

I would always bank on Schumacher..

1. Schumacher
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks