Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2005, 00:57   #1
BHPian

Monteiro to race EJ15-B

so the verdict is out...monteiro gets the keys to the spankin new jordan...while our NK is left biting the dust.
the team say they decided it over a coin toss...but i dont think such a big decision would have been taken over a lil coin...
Old 27th August 2005, 07:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

Tiago Monteiro has more race finishes including one podium place. IMO, it's natural that he should get the first drive in the new car.
Old 27th August 2005, 12:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats the right decision by the team i think. Hope Narain does good job with the old car and beat Tiago and prove his talent.
Old 27th August 2005, 14:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
IMO, it's natural that he should get the first drive in the new car.
Quote:
Thats the right decision by the team i think.
I read some where that they tossed the coin and decided on this...

Quote:
Once again luck deserted Narain Karthikeyan. But this time, not on track but off it. With Jordan bosses deciding that toss of coin would be the fairest way to decide who between Narain and Tiago Monteiro would steer the new EJ15B at next week’s Italian Grand Prix, fate favoured Monterio.
Karthikeyan ‘tossed’out, Monteiro to steer new car
Old 27th August 2005, 16:02   #5
BHPian

@sridhar24: i dont think thats possible...the only way that can happen is due to reliablity issues with the 'B' car. unless that happens it is sure that narain wont be able to beat tiago...as the new car would be much quicker.
Old 27th August 2005, 16:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well, at least one jordan won't be beaten by a minardi. IMO, both drivers should have been given a new car. Surely the new one can beat minardis unlike the older ones. So why the need to play safe. I wrote this on the assumption that two cars are available at the moment.
Old 27th August 2005, 22:02   #7
BHPian

nice one there....
the pace of the jordans has been really disappointing...even a minardi finishing above it.
lets if the new B car can change that or not.
but we are yet to see which jordan finishes the race....since narain is too aggressive on a "waste" of a Formula1 car and the new EJ-15B still has some cooling problems...so cant be sure...if there are 0,1 or 2 casualties in the jordan camp.
Old 27th August 2005, 22:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Tiago is probably a better development driver and can give better feedback to the engineers. New cars are usually fast but fragile.

I dont understand why they are bringing it so late in the year, they need to do a new chassis for the V8 next year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks