Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

2010 Formula1 News & Information

How about capturing all the news & information for the 2010 season captured in this thread!

My contribution with Alonso's interview!

http://grandprixgirlsf1-en.blogspot....-internet.html

Hard to believe! But, it doesn't sound like the Alonso I have heard or read of...

Quote:
El Mundo: Do you like this colour particularly?

Fernando Alonso: As a colour, I've always liked red like any other colour, no more. But now I think it suits me, I look good in red. At the racetrack, I've always known it meant a lot.

EM: They say Ferraris have a special sound.

FA: The street ones yes, but the Formula 1 cars all sound alike. The sounds depend on the position of the exhaust.

EM: Before you got to Ferrari, had you planned on buying one?

FA: No, but I don't really plan things too much. I only think when I'm buying. I decide quickly.

EM: You'd get a red one, of course.

FA: Yes, but I don't know if they'll give me a discount. You'd have to ask the president [he says, looking at the Ferrari press officer].

EM: What calls your attention to Ferrari?

FA: The passion and closeness. Compared with other teams, you can live. In the garage, everybody talks at the same time, they shout, they run, you see people on top of each other trying to screw on a piece... because everything is intuitive, from the heart, creative, thoughtful as well. Every moment whatever's needed gets done, there's no strict programme like in other teams, where you have to read what to do and then do it at the time it's noted. Here you do things as they come up, a little sooner, a little later, and things get done. A very good flexibility for F1.

EM: Felipe Massa, your teammate, has he given you any recommendations?

FA: A lot of advice from the technical point of view, aspects where he has been struggled with in the last years. He explains things to me so I can adapt faster.

EM: So far, you both look comfortable with each other. Are you surprised?

FA: I didn't have a preconceived idea about him. I knew he was a very quick driver and also hardworking and responsible with the team. That's the Felipe I'm getting to know.

EM: Ferrari is your second big team. Have you learn anything from McLaren that you can apply now?

FA: Many things. My year in McLaren was a very rich experience and also at a technical level, because there they have a very interesting work philosophy. I've been able to use the things I have learnt there. And it also helped me grow as a driver. Thanks to all this, I have matured personally with the experiences over the years. I have got more serenity, more peace. I'm ready for any challenge.

EM: What have you learnt from the previous hard years at Renault?

FA: You can always learn positive things, even when you're fighting for intermediate positions in the grid. In my opinion, the last couple of years there were also really good. I'm more ready than before, now. And there were also good results, let's not forget. It's always said about the hell, the purgatory, how lousy the last couple of years were... but I have won two races in 2008 and last year I was regularly in Q3 at qualifying, when the other car from the team [Nelsinho] wasn't. I also got pole in Hungary, one podium... Achievements that a [Spanish] driver had never done before , but when I do it everything seems normal.

EM: Do you talk often to your former boss at Renault, Flavio Briatore?

FA: Yes, every 15 days.

EM: Were you disappointed by your former teammate Nelsinho Piquet?

FA: No, people no longer surprise me about anything. People make their own decision sometimes, and sometimes they're wrong, sometimes they're right. It's the law of life.

EM: When was the last time your father yelled at you?

FA: Well... let me think... I don't remember, it's been a while.

EM: He says you were a well behaved child.

FA: Yes, more or less. When I was little, he yelled at me when we were together and I did something he had told me not to. But it wasn't so much yelling, it was more like demanding, especially with the karts. Or when he took me to a field with sheep we owned. I was eight or nine, and I didn't go there on holiday, but to help my father. To dig dirt from one place and put it in another... and, of course, I always dropped some and he yelled at me!

EM: What was your last joy?

FA: I have those everyday for any reason, because I'm very easy to please and warm to anything, like a football match won by my team, or small details like playing games... anything goes.

EM: At 28 years old, are you ready to be a father?

FA: No, because I'm 100 per cent dedicated to my work. I look forward to, but right now my priority is something else.

EM: Do you believe your public image has improved?

FA: I think it's about the same, isn't it? I have always felt very loved and respected. Those who criticize me has never had any contact with me.

EM: But you know there are 'anti-Alonsos' out there.

FA: They are always on the internet, in any news or forum, that's where you'll find the 'anti-alonsistas', who are against everything anyway. The 'Alonsistas', however, are there, at the Valencia circuit, where there are 36,000 people following a test to see my debut with Ferrari. There are the 36,000 'alonsistas', and the 'anti-alonsistas' are on an internet forum. They don't bother me.

EM: Would you surprise people if they knew you personally?

FA: I think so. If they knew me, they'd find out. I'm nicer than I look, than the image I portray. I'm more normal. But, it's true that if you know me, a little of the magic would be gone... everytime I meet someone, they say: "But man, you're much nicer than I thought!". And I like hearing that. It's good that people don't think so well about me because then when I meet them I surprise them by getting along with everyone. [He laughs].
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:02   #2
BHPian

lolz
The kid in him is growing up, or has Ferrari given him a training on how to speak to press
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
lolz
The kid in him is growing up, or has Ferrari given him a training on how to speak to press
alonso was never bad with press.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:04   #4
BHPian

i am a die hard shumi - ferrari combination fan and my worst nightmare this season would be when shumi with his merc and massa/alonso with his ferrari would be fighting for the number 1 position on the final lap of the final corner. It is going to be the most difficult test of loyalties for me. Dunno whom to support shumi the legend or the Red Barron.

If something like this happens then, guys help me get out of depression.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by route666 View Post
alonso was never bad with press.
What I meant was his loose talk!
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
What I meant was his loose talk!
Let the season begin. If Massa outpaces him, it'll pour out!
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post

I hope Alonso along with Massa helps Ferrari get the WCC.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

He says the stint at McLaren has given him a rich experience

Also if he has the same problem here, he cant go back to Renault. He is no more young and he will need to win more championships and the only way to do that is to be good and do good at Ferrari.
Even if he loses the WDC race this year, he will come back strongly the next and not whine. Because he cannot afford another bust up with a championship-winning team.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
That would be really something to validate his statement!
Old 24th February 2010, 12:07   #10
BHPian

I always felt he was quite a crybaby,

He never had a fast driving teammate until Hamilton and he botched up clearly, now since Schumi is not around to baby sit Massa it might just be that Alonso becomes another schumi like figure for the team and survive other wise surely we will see him go back whining to Renault
Old 24th February 2010, 12:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

'I See A Happy Alonso, And That's Not Good Because It Means He's Fast'

Quote:

Jenson Button has admitted to worrying about the noises of optimism from Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.

With the Spaniard having switched from Renault where he was not in the running for the past two titles, some believe Alonso is now testing at the wheel of the championship-favourite car.

In part of an interview with El Mundo, the 28-year-old admitted that the new Maranello built car is currently "showing even better than we expected".

2009 world champion Button told Spain's Marca: "I see a happy Alonso, and that's not good because it means he's fast."

Button, 30, will be at the wheel of the 2010 McLaren at Barcelona on Thursday and Saturday, while Alonso will be testing the Ferrari on the opening two days of the final pre-season test.

Spaniard Marc Gene remains a Ferrari test driver in 2010 and he said he is cautious about the F10's apparent form.

"The car is very reliable and the drivers are very happy, but we must be cautious," he told Diario Sport.

"After the fiasco of 2009 we have no illusions, even though the F10 looks like a good car," Gene added.
Source : PaddockTalk Perspective
Old 24th February 2010, 13:19   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Source : PaddockTalk Perspective

If all remember last year they were pretty fast in pre-season testing in bahrain but they ended up having a miserable season so lets wait till first grand prix and comment, I hope they will be good if not fastest cause then we will have more teams fighting for wins
Old 24th February 2010, 13:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

I guess this year we will have nearly 4 front runners! An interesting season for sure
Old 24th February 2010, 17:13   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
I always felt he was quite a crybaby,

He never had a fast driving teammate until Hamilton and he botched up clearly, now since Schumi is not around to baby sit Massa it might just be that Alonso becomes another schumi like figure for the team and survive other wise surely we will see him go back whining to Renault
if you check, all the champion drivers were crybabies....piquet,mansell,lauda,prost,senna,mich eal...and look at the fisichella,trulli,barrichello,pederosa,patrese,ren e etc etc.... they are nice to the team mates..but never considered as champion material, not that they are slow but they don't have that ruthless edge. just see how hamilton whines if button wins some races..imo alonso is most complete driver in the grid and there are teams and sponsors with millions in their pocket to fetch him if he wants to leave ferrari. which i think is not gonna happen cause he wants to finish his carrer with ferrari.
Old 24th February 2010, 17:34   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I guess this year we will have nearly 4 front runners! An interesting season for sure
Absolutely.

Schumi
Alonso
Hamilton
Vettel
Hope you also meant the same 4
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks