Team-BHP - 2010 F1 Qantas-Australian Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2010 F1 Qantas-Australian Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/77410-2010-f1-qantas-australian-grand-prix-4.html)

MAN that legend is just too old to fight now! let him remain a legend rather that expecting race wins! i know he will win once in a while,but so will any other driver who is present on the circuit. legend is not able to fend off attacks by newcomers and inexperience drivers. must learn a thing or two about defensive driving from alonso! slower car,but he managed to hold hamilton for long enough to screw his tyres,while he was on poor tires as well.

i guess its time people accept he is too old,.
it can also be said that he won championships when ferrari was a quicker car! alonso came along and piped him with a slower car!!
what say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujaylahiri (Post 1807490)
When your race engineer calls you in for a fresh set of tires, you are expected to follow his directions. Looks like McLaren's strategists screwed up big time on Hamilton. At least he got some points for 6th place. That rendezvous with Alonso and Webber in the last few laps could've been avoided, but sometimes you have to fight to get ahead. I think he was absolutely flying in this race, especially that overtaking maneuver on Rosberg from the outside. That was simply brilliant and you could see Ross Brawn shaking his head in disbelief.

When you are a good 1-2 sec quicker than the person in front of you and have a fresh set of tires you are supposed to overtake him:uncontrol.
Alonso did a magnificent job of holding hamilton. When ferrari told alonso on radio that hamilton was 3.5 sec behind him his response was " i dont want to hear it " lol!.
hamiltons move on rosberg was very good but he lost out on the exit speed and rosberg was all set to overtake him in the next corner, but had to back down because of the yellow flag.

All in all a very exciting race after a long timeclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchumiFan (Post 1807462)
Hammy and Webber need to be a bit more matured. How many times has Webber destroyed his race like this?

And how come Hammy, if the race is brilliant, it is YOU who did it and if it is messed up, the TEAM is responsible?
Hammy could have denied going for a pit stop the second time and could have possibly had a 1-2 with Button. He thought it was a good strategy at that moment and when it didn't work out, the team is held responsible for it.

Hamilton was, after Kubica, the driver of the day for me. He was phenomenal and has every right to be peed of at McLaren's call. You place your trust in the engineers expecting them to optimize your strategy. But these things happen and every now and then, the driver or the team will make mistakes. The reverse happened at Monza last year.

But more than that, I'm pissed at Webber. He missed his braking point completely and even if Lewis hadn't been there, he'd have gone off at that corner. He did a similar thing earlier when Hamilton overtook him but that time Hamilton managed to avoid his charging car.

If you notice replays of that incident, Alonso loses so much momentum that Rosberg, from miles behind, was able to briefly threaten him. I wouldn't have been surprised at all if Hamilton had managed to complete the overtake in the next corner. I really think he had him. Shame about Webber making that mistake there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1807499)
Its plain and simple

RedBull's are the fastest on the grid, but lack longevity.

Ferrari's are at their best, But they are trying to be tooo agressive. Still they are good

Mclarens have the pace, and they will prove to be tough as the season moves ahead.

Mercedes...! least said is better, The car is still not up there.

I see guys talking low about the legend, having made 3 pit-stops, being last in the grid, Schumi has moved up to 10th place, He's pushing the car upto its limits. What can anyone do if the car is not fast enough. Give him the Ferrari or the Red-Bull, In his present form, he would have lapped everyone to the podium. Mercedes GP cars are not the fastest in the Grid. Nico is doing well, its just the clean way he found during the race opener.

Nice to see Force India car finish again in points, sad for Sutil.

Vettel is losing out on luck each race. Its time the team pull up and prepare a race worthy car, a car that can finish the race.

agree: he finished 10th, but who were the guys behind him? Jamie, whose gearbox can be sketched down by Schumi after staring at it for most of the race, then Pedro, Hekki & Karun. He may be king or whatever! He is OLD. He is better of being a legend!

This is what formula1.com had to say about it :

"The final point went to Schumacher, who had a bruising afternoon after his first-corner altercation. He spent most of it getting a driving lesson from young Toro Rosso’s Jaime Alguersuari, but at one stage he was also repassed by Timo Glock’s Virgin and Heikki Kovalainen’s Lotus as he fought back up the field. In the end he got past Alguersuari, and then jumped De la Rosa, but this was undoubtedly a tough afternoon for the multiple champ."

This is not how I would want him to be treated, he deserves more respect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentEngine (Post 1807516)
Thats taking it a bit too far. How about qualifying and finishing ahead of Rosberg in a similar equipment to start with?
Why don't you just accept that he is not the same schumacher who retired in 2006.

A similar equipment agreed. How about Damaged Front wing, 3 pitstops, and being last on the grid and finishing 10th.

He's not the same Schumacher who retired in 2006, but he's more refreshed and better, its just a wait for the tides of fortune swinging his way. And its not too far.

The Australian Grand Prix was quite good!
A refreshing race after the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1807592)
A similar equipment agreed. How about Damaged Front wing, 3 pitstops, and being last on the grid and finishing 10th.

He's not the same Schumacher who retired in 2006, but he's more refreshed and better, its just a wait for the tides of fortune swinging his way. And its not too far.

Yes, front wing was damaged, but the qualifying was yesterday, so there is no excuse for qualifying behind Rosberg.
You are the one who thinks he can lap everyone up to top 3 if he is driving a Ferrari or RedBull. Seriously! :uncontrol
He may be a legend, but in the current F1 grid, there are drivers who can do better than him in similar equipment. (Alonso, Hamilton, Massa, Vettel etc)
So keep your expectations grounded as far as Schumi is concerned. :)

A tremendous start and a terrific ending of Australian GP. I think Alonso's performance was the best.

Entertainer of the race = Lewis Hamilton. What a show he put on with those totally ballsy overtakings. Total paisa vasool for me. clap:

Jenson = Great strategy + great luck + bad luck for Vettel. Dont expect this again and again

Massa = looked very uncomfortable always holding up cars behind him

Webber = what a jerk! ruined Lewis' race. I have lost all respect for him.

Force India = bad luck for Sutil (again). Now guys, FI is the best of the rest after the top 4 teams.

Alonso/Rosberg = Lacklusture performance but didn't make serious mistakes either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1807535)

If you notice replays of that incident, Alonso loses so much momentum that Rosberg, from miles behind, was able to briefly threaten him. I wouldn't have been surprised at all if Hamilton had managed to complete the overtake in the next corner. I really think he had him. Shame about Webber making that mistake there.

I don't think Rosberg was miles off. Once Hammy and Webbo caught Alonso, they were unable to match their earlier pace. And Rosberg caught them.
Alonso locked his tires and lost momentum. But it helped him block Hammy.

Webbo had no business seeing the back of Hammy, he should have ideally watched Alonso and Hammy fight it out and probably have a crash, before taking up both the places. He missed a glorious opportunity there.

Hammy was racing on track and pulled a couple of glorious moves. He should have had the idea of the overtaking possibilities on track and decide whether to have a pit stop and go on an attack or try to preserve his tires while waiting for Kubica to make a mistake.
He went for the first option and when it didn't work out, has started complaining.

He maybe a better racer than Button, but when it comes to complaining I think he is on par with him. Purely my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentEngine (Post 1807989)
but in the current F1 grid, there are drivers who can do better than him in similar equipment. (Alonso, Hamilton, Massa, Vettel etc)

A good jokelol:

We are just 2 races off this calender, You keep your views , while i'll be content with my expectations:thumbs up Time will tell.

For me on this thread, Race over, views over.

Schumi's views after the race.

Michael Schumacher (10th)
"I could have had a good race today so it was a pity that I was hit right after the start. That incident decided my race obviously. But things like that happen and you have to just say 'that's racing'. I had to take the remainder of the race from last position but I have to say that I was still having fun as our pace today was promising and for part of the race, we were going quicker than the top group. It was nice to pick up a point and we can take that good feeling into the next race where we will look forward to another challenge."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUk1qYK6YxA

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagu (Post 1807530)
When you are a good 1-2 sec quicker than the person in front of you and have a fresh set of tires you are supposed to overtake him:uncontrol.
Alonso did a magnificent job of holding hamilton. When ferrari told alonso on radio that hamilton was 3.5 sec behind him his response was " i dont want to hear it " lol!.
hamiltons move on rosberg was very good but he lost out on the exit speed and rosberg was all set to overtake him in the next corner, but had to back down because of the yellow flag.

All in all a very exciting race after a long timeclap:

Alonso is one of the hardest to pass on the circuit right now, and he did prove his point in Melbourne. However, Hamilton and Webber had at least 5 more laps and maybe about 15 more overtaking opportunities on Alonso until the end of the race when Webber took both of them out. I'd say bad judgement on Webber's part and bad luck for Hamilton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1808144)
A good jokelol:

We are just 2 races off this calender, You keep your views , while i'll be content with my expectations:thumbs up Time will tell.

For me on this thread, Race over, views over.

While I admire your support for Schumacher, do you guys honestly think that Schumacher can win the championship this year? I mean he doesn't even have a powerful car in Mercedes and his teammate has outqualified and got more points than him in both the races so far. The best I can predict for him will be an overall 5th in the Driver's Championship, unless Ross Brawn can come up with a better car soon in which case he'll have to settle for 2nd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujaylahiri (Post 1808247)
While I admire your support for Schumacher, do you guys honestly think that Schumacher can win the championship this year?

I am almost sure that Michael will not win the Championship this year, but we Schumacher fans are not worried about that. His presence in the circuit is enough for us. His presence alone can change F1 from boring to exciting.

Attended the G.P. was with Force India Team and it was a thrilling race

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 1805650)
Predictions for Qualification and Race.

1. Qualification ;

P1 : Micheal Schumacher.
P2 : fernando Alonso.
P3 : Lewis Hamilton.
P4 : Sebastian vettel.
P5 : Felipe Massa.
P6 : Jenson Button.
P7 : Adrian Sutil.
P8 : Mark Webber.
P9 : Nico Rosberg.

2) Race :
Winner : Fernando Alonso.
Runner - Up : Micheal Schumacher.
3RD Place : Lewis Hamilton.

lol: If it wasn't for Felipi getting 5th in qualiying. You would have scored a 100% wrong prediction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustom_99 (Post 1807298)
Yeah right! you can expect shumaking king to be at 10th place by the end of the race.

Impressive clap:

A lot can be said AFTER the race with a lot of "IFs". Like IF Hamilton had not gone for a second pit stop etc. The way I see it, in this case IF Hamilton had not pit in for fresh tyres. He probably will not have the pace he had shown. So he may still end up unable to catch up the front runners.

Regarding Schumi, I believe he does not have the same sharpness as he did during his peak career. However, racing in F1 is not the same as jumping into your commuter car after a long break. They are driven to the limit. So I would agree with Lauda's comment that "Michael Schumacher will be back at his very best by the time the F1 circus reaches Malaysia". Though I don't expect him to win championship by any stretch of imagination. The best drivers, be it Alonso, Hamilton, Schumi, Kimi, Vettel etc. cannot achieve that without a good car. We have seen that time and again. Its a combination of the two and with a bit of luck that decides a championship. Mercedes GP simply does not have the package this season. Even if they manage to come up with one. It may be too late to change the outcome. Vettel has a good chance for championship this season. They need to work on the reliability.

I laud any driver when they win races, except when it boils down to the last few races when the championship is at stake :D.