Team-BHP - 2010 F1 Qantas-Australian Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2010 F1 Qantas-Australian Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/77410-2010-f1-qantas-australian-grand-prix-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujaylahiri (Post 1808247)
While I admire your support for Schumacher, do you guys honestly think that Schumacher can win the championship this year? I mean he doesn't even have a powerful car in Mercedes and his teammate has outqualified and got more points than him in both the races so far. The best I can predict for him will be an overall 5th in the Driver's Championship, unless Ross Brawn can come up with a better car soon in which case he'll have to settle for 2nd.

F1 is completely unpredictable. I still believe Schumi can win the championship this year. Even he starts winning after 6 races(but should be in points till 5th race). In Australia he could have finished in fourth or third (who never knows). Alonso rocketed back from last to finished fourth as Schumi did at 2006 Brazilian GP. The only difference was that Mercedes is not as fast as Ferrari.

Cannot say Rosberg is out-qualifying Shumi. Yes he had qualified marginally ahead of Shumi. Shumi already complained that Alonso and Hamilton blocked his final run. Michael Schumacher not happy with Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton | Mercedes | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Schumi's race was compromised due to the first corner incident only. I believe he will storm back. :thumbs up

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by myavu (Post 1809671)
F1 is completely unpredictable. I still believe Schumi can win the championship this year.

Schumi's race was compromised due to the first corner incident only. I believe he will storm back. :thumbs up

Cheers!

Look at the shock on alonso's face.:D

Schumi is getting back to his roots, which is goodclap:

Once he gets a Better packaged car, we need to see the masters moves.

What a great race!! Unpredictable till the last...

The variable that made this race interesting was the rain - you cannot make a sport "standard" and then hope for great races. There has to be room for teams and drivers to outwit and out think each other especially at the level of Formula 1. The wet start mixed up things introduced that "variable" that F1 so badly needs....like fuel last year - you need some variable that teams can play around with.

The misfortunes of Vettel bring back memories of a certian Finnish driver and McLaren - fast car but wouldn't go the distance. i just hope Red Bull clears up it's act.

My pick of the drivers yesterday was Alonso who did a great job of defending on Hamilton. If Hamilton had passed Felipe Massa would have been cooked. As is he was having a tough time defending from Kubica I think in earlier laps. Hammy boy went off crying to Poppa - cept Dad's retired. Yes, Mclaren screwed him up but what about the time he spent behind Alonso?

Karun Chandok was the next driver of the day. To complete the entire race distance in what was his 2nd GP was awesome. I'll love to see him among the big guns in future.

Jenson Button - awesome strategy and a brave call.

Gary Anderson's commentary is a great addition on Star Sports. You tend to pick up a lot of stuff listening to his commentary.

Seems like Bernie had an idea a few years back to install sprinklers on race circuits to simulate wet condition. I think this year might be the best!!

What would I like to see next - a dry race on a European circuit. I still don't believe that FIA's current set of rule can give us a 'race'!!

Drive on!!
Shibu.

Did you all read this news about where Hamilton was caught by the Australian police for showing off bizarre stunts along the lakeside of Albert Park? I also read that he was doing a fishtailing the silver merc and the car was impounded for 48hours.

The kid should really grow up, the whole of F1 & partners are trying to promote 'Road Safety', this immature act comes as an embarrassment. A big let down for his fans IMO (I am not a fan of this kid)! :D

The comments by the minister... hmm!

Roads minister attacks Hamilton - Autocar.co.uk

OZ is slowly becoming a place for Hamilton to forget! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibujp (Post 1809723)

Gary Anderson's commentary is a great addition on Star Sports. You tend to pick up a lot of stuff listening to his commentary.

I take back my previous comment in the Bahrain GP thread. Gary Anderson was good in this GP and given some more time he would make a good pal to Steve Slater.

It was an amazing race and was a pleasure to watch.

Driver of the day for me was Alonso to have come back with a bang after the first corner incident.

Very good strategy for Button which got him ahead.

Schumi did not have a fast car and coupled with the damaged front wing rendered him at the last of the pack. It was sad to see Schumi unable to overtake the Torro Rosso for quite some time.

Just adding my 2 cents about schumi's drive..

I think among the top ten finishers, he was the only one had to go for 3 pit stops. Each pit stop takes about 25 to 30 seconds. And still he finished in top ten with just 2 seconds behind webber. If he did not take the 3rd pit stop, he would have been somewhere behind hammy or rosberg.

And if not the first corner incident and the rain, i do not see there would have been much difference between bahrain and australia. I dont know who was behind those bridgestone tires, damn lasting for an entire race.

Unfortunately we had to miss the race as we were on a teambhp meet this weekend. But go updates from some people on the events.

Also, one of Phrozen Fire's friend was at the race and he put the phone on loud speaker and let us listen to the sound of the cars whizzing by. Truly ecstatic

Two races into his much-publicised comeback and Micheal Schumacher is already feeling the heat after finishing tenth out of 14 finishers at the Australian Grand Prix. Critics have been quick to highlight how much he is being paid by Mercedes - a basic salary of around £21m plus a further £9m in private endorsements according to the Daily Mail.
On a disappointing return to Australia for Schumacher, he at one time suffered the ignominy of briefly being overtaken by Lucas di Grassi's Virgin and was slower than team-mate Nico Rosberg all weekend.

The Sun newspaper called it "an anonymous afternoon" for the great German. "That's not what Mercedes have paid him ... to come out of retirement for. At this rate, Schumacher may not see out the first season of his three-year deal."
The Times also questioned if he has a place in the modern world of F1. "[He] cut a disconsolate figure as he swept out of Albert Park last night, having discovered that his reputation counts for nothing among the new generation. He became almost a sad postscript …. once the greatest exponent of overtaking simply had to accept a lowly tenth place."
In Italy, a country still smarting from Schumacher's decision to return not with Ferrari but with a fierce rival, La Stampa did not pull punches. "The (W01) car is not the best, but one of its drivers - the one with seven titles and earning £30 million - seems to have lost the instructions. The proof? He was overtaken by the Virgin.
"Are we confident that Michael Schumacher is really under that red helmet? Perhaps Montezemolo was right when he said it is his twin."
Schumacher, however, said he was happy with his performance, after pitting early on to replace a damaged front wing. "That incident decided my race, obviously," he said. "I was still having fun as our pace today was promising and for part of the race, we were going quicker than the top group."
© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

IMHO that Schumy is being subjected to some unfair criticism.

To comeback after a hiatus of 3 yrs and then go straight into the top three in F1 is a tough ask. And to be fair he's still creditably in the top 10 in both the races and finishing too not like one mr. Villenve who had a very pedestrian comeback.

That and the fact that Mercedes is some way off the pace. Ferrari was a team that Schumey built around him. i'm sure he and Brawn will do the same at Merc. Give him a couple more races.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Its just a matter of time before we see the legendary Schumi back in action. In fact i think in Malaysia we will definitely see him on the podium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirevbg (Post 1813121)
Its just a matter of time before we see the legendary Schumi back in action. In fact i think in Malaysia we will definitely see him on the podium.

I guess that depends more on mercedes than schumi himself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 (Post 1813732)
I guess that depends more on mercedes than schumi himself.

If not more at least 50% on Mercedes to provide a fast car. The rest is with him to drive his guts out and get back to form like he was before.

I expect excellent performance from Vettel, Hamilton & Alonso again (My Top 3 : Prospective Winners) for Malaysian Grand Prix.

I feel , the track is super fast and these guys can make best out of it !

Schumi, Massa & Button could be the surprises on the Podium, if they beat these three above.

Note from Support:

The Malaysian GP is this weekend. Continue discussions here

This thread is closed