Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2004, 12:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Now that's what i call a qualifying!!!! Apart from the 2 ferraris being in top spot, all the other predictions went wrong.

Who would have though, BAR in 4th. I tell you, that engine sounds awesome at an unbelievable 18,500 rpm. Now they've got a chassis to match the power.

That debri laid by DC might have spoilt some of the Q runs but hey, i was happy to see Schumi come up on top.

BMW, looked pretty good in the first Q but, lost out on the 2nd one.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. It's gonna be a roller coaster ride all the way to the finish line.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 6th March 2004, 14:39   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You bet Shantanu,

After all of Mosleys tries to upset Schumacher from the front row, after his dominating 2002 season...MSchumacher is just unbeatable - Not on the track and neither off it by the FIA!

BAR - Honda had everyone surprised with their very impressive winter testing times. In addition to superior Michelin rubber, Honda is also reported to have pulled up its socks after seeing enemy no.1 (Toyota) come about at par within 2 seasons.

The Williams, which looked just okay in the photographs, looks downright ugly on track! Boy the nose is so big and those twin forks make it look like its waiting in queue for a dental treatment. Butttttttttttttttt any car that performs well on the track automatically starts looking good to everyone.

After taking 1 full year extra to develop their car, Mclaren still dont have the reliability or speed of its competition. Whats Ron and Adrian been smokin?

I think that Renault will be as impressive as last year, but BAR will be hot on its heels to pick up points wherever Renault goof up. Alonso had better watch out.

DC, after all his talk of being most motivated for 2004, has just proved that he can do just that - TALK!!!

2 hours of qualifying is much more interesting than having that boringly sole friday session. Apparently let down by viewership on fridays, Bernie ordered the reshuffle.

Cant wait for tommorow morning,

GTO
Old 6th March 2004, 19:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

What a qualifying session. Its business as usual for Ferrari at the top.. Cant say the asme for the Mclarens though and as for DC he had his usual grassy moments, the so called potentional champion... Well cant wait for 8.30 tom ... I'm sure its gonna be a RED holi

Cheers
Old 6th March 2004, 20:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Did you guys check out the "Ford Jordan" when it hit 19,000rpm during a premature down shift? The driver was lucky the car didn't go for a spin.

Better cars apart, i feel the real reason for todays result was the manual gear shifts.

You never know, some of the best drivers out there maynot be good at shifting manually as compared to the underdogs.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 7th March 2004, 00:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

interesting qualifying session indeed !
if u looked at BAR's pre-season times u wudnt be that suprised.. certainly exceeded expectations tho !

think Montoya will blow Ralf away this season..
if that happens.. no chance of him getting $24.5 million !
dont think he deserves that much.

one of the things that really suprised me was Trulli's pace.. the lack of it to be precise.
Normally he's awesome at the 1-lap stuff !
he even stated that he hadnt made any mistakes..
..how can he be 6 tenths off Alonso ?

Toyota were really disappointing.. with the highest budget on the paddock they shud have done better.
Panis' engine problem was amateurish.

But i feel really bad for Minardi.. what with the low funding, cheaper engine demands, traction control issues.. they now have to get a car setup for the race in 7 mins. !!
( i dont see them higher than 16th unless one of the other cars has a failure )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks