Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 23:20   #46
BHPian

Weber is a fantastic driver and he demonstrated it very well in todays race. He had to make a point and he did that quite well by winning the race. I hope he goes on and wins the championship
Old 12th July 2010, 10:13   #47
BHPian

I missed the start , but what a race . Quite a few passes and Vettel storming through the field was brilliant . Webber was of course in a class of his own .The wing contreversy was something that could have been easily avoided but whats done is done . Maybe both drivers fighting is not such a bad thing (as long as both of them dont end in the barriers) . Their hunger to win / beat each other would be even more .
But Mclaren's supreme unity is showing otherwise .

Hamilton and Mclaren are quietly piling up the points and increasing their leads in both the championship .

Schumi was pretty bad IMHO . He just has to start beating Roseberg atleast ! Enough time has passed and now is the time to start delievering the results .
Old 12th July 2010, 10:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Superb drive from Webber & Hamilton. Too bad, the Redbull team is behaving politically against Webber and the result was something on their face now!

Did anyone notice Webber's conversation with the pit crew after he won? He said something like 'Not too bad for a 2nd driver' or something!?

What a terrible luck for Ferrari & Team? They had one of the best cars in race trim apart from the Redbulls and are leaving silverstone empty handed! I just hope that everything works out well for them in the coming races.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:23   #49
BHPian

Currently the most focussed team is McLaren and that is showing the way they lead the championship. Redbull too much of infighting and ferrari brainless reason for their own indiscretion.

Massa needs to go out. He lacks pace and aggression. Alonso is making mistakes due to pressure.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
What a terrible luck for Ferrari & Team?
I'd call it more of stupidity & less of terrible luck! After that move on Kubica, the team should have instructed Alonso to give the place back. But they chose to debate the issue & look where it took them. Alonso could have been challenging for 3rd place if he'd given that place back.

Oh & yes, that was one of the worst starts in his career I think - he was napping aka Kimi style when the lights went out
Old 12th July 2010, 15:28   #51
BHPian

I am still seething at Alonso. Seriously he needs to calm down and concentrate on his driving more.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:37   #52
BHPian

Looking at the race yesterday, it is clear which is the better team between Mclaren and Ferrari. Mclaren had a car that wasn't working for the track and they came out with a 2nd and 4th place. Ferrari on the other hand, had the best car after the Redbulls and finished with their worst finish since 1978 .
Old 12th July 2010, 15:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Inspite of having the best car and among the best drivers, Redull is trailing Mclaren in BOTH the drivers and constructors c'ship.
I think this can be Hamilton's second C'ship.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:55   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Currently the most focussed team is McLaren and that is showing the way they lead the championship. Redbull too much of infighting .
I think Mclaren have been there done that. By keeping drivers focussed and ensuring good relations as well as keeping all information and staff on a tight leash. It has worked well
Old 12th July 2010, 17:07   #55
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Webbers race today was a hard Smack on Vettel and RedBull's face.

He should still be smiling with joy and he must be proud of what he achieved today.

All credit to him, No hype unlike Vettel.

His action spoke louder than words.
Getting a puncture and being thrown back about a minute and a half and then coming back from 24th overtaking 16 cars and closing the gap by 50 seconds I wonder who is the better driver?

Webber had a clear run, Vettel had to get out of the car what was possible with the same amount of fuel, but had to make up as many places as possible.
Old 12th July 2010, 17:13   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Webbers race today was a hard Smack on Vettel and RedBull's face.

He should still be smiling with joy and he must be proud of what he achieved today.

All credit to him, No hype unlike Vettel.

His action spoke louder than words.
Pavan: what was more touching was his slow, undertoned, understated remark at press conf: "Not bad for a no. 2 driver", after his front wing was taken for Vettel's car just 30 mins before Q1 start! But I won't say Vettel is hyped, he is a good kid on the block! I would rather say that Christian Horner needs to be more discreet/subtle in declaring who is number 1 and 2.
Somehow, I just can't stop fancying Lewis' chances this time around and secretly celebrating! While RBRs look like they would self-destruct themselves by the end of season, McLaren's would sneak up to take both the scorecards!

Last edited by nnandi : 12th July 2010 at 17:16.
Old 12th July 2010, 17:16   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Getting a puncture and being thrown back about a minute and a half and then coming back from 24th overtaking 16 cars and closing the gap by 50 seconds I wonder who is the better driver?

Webber had a clear run, Vettel had to get out of the car what was possible with the same amount of fuel, but had to make up as many places as possible.
Vettel was helped immensely by the safety car, else he wouldn't have been in the points. He had to be prodded by his race engineer via radio else he would have lost interest. This season is going to be interesting as it progresses with the war now on at Red Bull.
Old 12th July 2010, 17:58   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I'd call it more of stupidity & less of terrible luck! After that move on Kubica, the team should have instructed Alonso to give the place back. But they chose to debate the issue & look where it took them. Alonso could have been challenging for 3rd place if he'd given that place back.
Alonso overtaking Kubica cutting across the chicane and not giving the place back to Kubica was plain stupidity or rather I would call it arrogance.

Terrible luck comes when Kubica's car gave up right on the next lap! If he had played it fair, Alonso could have finished well ahead.

Another terrible luck was the SC that came right in when Alonso had to take the drive through penalty. He lost a dozen positions in place of 2 or 3 positions.

Massa picked up an unnecessary puncture and he was doing his usual stunts on the silverstone circuit!

Quote:
Oh & yes, that was one of the worst starts in his career I think - he was napping aka Kimi style when the lights went out
Alonso had truck load of wheel spin off the line and lost positions. May be he was a bit heavy footed on the pedal!

Btw, Kimi was famous for his amazing starts!
Old 12th July 2010, 18:24   #59
BHPian

Its time to retire schumi (no hard feeling for his supporters including me) and Hope Force India puts some development work that will take them ahead of Williams other wise they will lose another position in constructors standings
Old 12th July 2010, 18:29   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Its time to retire schumi (no hard feeling for his supporters including me) and Hope Force India puts some development work that will take them ahead of Williams other wise they will lose another position in constructors standings
So does that mean Ferrari's need to quit F1.

What a statement buddy...!

Inspite of having the Fastest cars and most wins in the present calender, the Redbulls are still trailing in the Drivers as well as Constructors table. F1 is different today, Schumi himself has said, he's not going to be the world champion this year, i dont rule him out, we can see him on the podium sometime soon this year.

I quite did not like the way Alonso drove, he had switched off his radio for the second half of the race, that was RUDE and CHILDISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post

Vettel is a good driver, no doubt about that, but he must thank the safety car, else he would have finished 16th or 18th.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 12th July 2010 at 18:33.

Most Viewed