Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2004, 14:18   #1
Team-BHP Support

Just thought i'd share ome photographs from this weekends races held at the new Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore.

The cuircuit is 2.1 Km that also incorporates a 1 Km International level Karting circuit.

Racing this weekend were :
Formula LGB: Single Seater, space frame, 1.3 Carb. Esteem engines
Formula Maruti: Singe Seater, space frame, 800cc Maruti 3cyl engines
Saloon cars: MPFI Esteems
BIkes: Team TVS and Yamaha were there in full force!

Karts: Rotax Max Challenge Indian Series - 25-32 Hp karts averaging about 92 Kmph on the circuit, one of the fastest karting circuits in Asia!

I apologise for the (lack of) quality of these pics!

Coimbatore Races

enjoy
Rtech.
Rtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2004, 18:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

***!
Old 26th April 2004, 19:26   #3
BHPian

I was wondering where u've dissappeared!
Anyway back with a bang ae?
The pics are cool, quality aint bad, ofcourse not the best but still good enough to watch the details!
The Track looks nice, I say nice coz its in Coimbatore. If it were anywhere near Mumbai I would've said Awesome!
Am sure it'll get better and better, and develop to be a very neat circuit for trackdays..
So! How was it overall? I mean did you enjoy the sunburn?
Pferdestärke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2004, 19:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

lol PF...i learnt to carry sunblock after the drag in mumbai

The cirucit is nice, although its not as good a driver's track as Chennai. It was the best they could do with the existing runway, as this was an old airfield first. Its basically a very fast circuit, but hard on brakes. Oh yea, as far as track days go...you may wanna leave that Ferrari at home coz the access roads are pretty bad to say the least!! Nice for the Cayanne though
Old 26th April 2004, 20:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]coz the access roads are pretty bad to say the least
Yes I saw that man, sand and stones, basically DIRT!
Instead of stopping the car from being hit to the barriers this will infact roll the car to the barriers and then back on track where others are racing.. Wow!
Now that'll make a good track day!
When I said it'll improve, thats exactly what I meant, probably some gravel.. on the sides..
But still not bad as far as our standards go.

And just wondering Kari - as in - Karivardhan?
Old 26th April 2004, 20:31   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Rtech,

Awesome pictures, more action packed than the SpeedRun weekend? I love trackracing more than drag-racing as there is just so much more to it...accelerating out of corners, grip levels, late braking!

The Formula LGB particularly interested me, what is the performance of these cars like? Extreme handlers? Super braking? I agree with Pferdestarke, in that only if such tracks were within or close to Mumbai city limits. Renting such cars for a race series and racing every other weekend would be a dream. How did you land up there?

GTO

P.S. Could not miss the indian version of the F1 pitbabe effect
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2004, 13:10   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ April 26 2004,19:01)]The Formula LGB particularly interested me, what is the performance of these cars like? Extreme handlers? Super braking? I agree with Pferdestarke, in that only if such tracks were within or close to Mumbai city limits. Renting such cars for a race series and racing every other weekend would be a dream. How did you land up there?

GTO

P.S. Could not miss the indian version of the F1 pitbabe effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Quote
coz the access roads are pretty bad to say the least

Yes I saw that man, sand and stones, basically DIRT!
Instead of stopping the car from being hit to the barriers this will infact roll the car to the barriers and then back on track where others are racing.. Wow! And just wondering Kari - as in - Karivardhan?
Not sure what you're talkin about here PF, but I was reffereing to the roads leading to the circuit and not the run off areas. The run offs were good, and did their job, although they do have to be smoothened out and larger rocks to be removed. and Yes, Kari as in the late Karivardhan.

GTO, the LG's are decent racers, although I didn't get a chance to try em out ...yet! At the end of that straight, they would've been touching about 160-170kmph. They are rnted out for a race weekend at about Rs.30,000/- which includes practice, qualifying and 2 races. Ofcourse, you break it you buy it! To answer your last question, I was there on work...nice job eh!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks