Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If Ferrari and MS win this year will you..? - Will u still watch the sport next year?
Yes ofcourse. 21 70.00%
No too boring now. 6 20.00%
Maybe if things change in 05'. 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2004, 05:34   #16
BANNED

ferrari wins but they r not having a walk in the park..! they r facing stiff competation form toyota and honda. also bmw and mclaren r not to be forgotten. ferrari jsut r there all the time...at the right place.......also having schumacher helps!
Old 2nd May 2004, 14:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

vishnugnair : Until now they have had a walk in the park!
Old 2nd May 2004, 16:02   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ May 02 2004,04:04)]ferrari wins but they r not having a walk in the park..! they r facing stiff competation form toyota
Ferrari facing stiff competition from Toyota? What do you mean by that?
As far as I can see, the only teams Toyota is giving a tough competition to are Jaguar, Minardi and Jordan.

Old 2nd May 2004, 21:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Gordon @ May 01 2004,13:50)]dippy I guess thats 2008, when the contract between the GPWC and the FIA expires
No buddy, thats not true, the fact is that GPWC is coming to an end before it actually starts.. And besides FiA is also considering to introduce an engine restriction where in the engine will be a 2.5L V8 generating around 700 bhp (i read in a magazine)..
Besides u cant really complain if a team is doing well..i guess its upto other teams to do the catching up..

i feel that schumi's dominance is being exaggerated..i give full credit of his victories to Ferrari and hey!, nowadays, its 70% car and 30% driver is what makes a victory..Had a Montoya or Kimi or even Mika been in a Ferrari they to would have been champs..

Schumi's not the best i believe Senna was(& is)..

The guy drove a 3.5L Turbo, generating anywhere near 1000 bhp without electronics or driving aids, as if it was just a toy!!

He's the true Genius..

shravan
Old 2nd May 2004, 21:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ May 02 2004,04:04)]ferrari wins but they r not having a walk in the park..! they r facing stiff competation form toyota and honda. also bmw and mclaren r not to be forgotten.
C'mon man, Mclaren are down and out..BMW are having reliability problems, Toyota is struggling for pace..
BAR Honda..well they are good but not yet near Ferrari..

The only trouble Ferrari is having is lapping the backmarkers!!!

Face it, IT IS A WALK IN THE PARK!!!

It is a piece of cake..Schumi can win a race with one hand tied to his back...
Old 2nd May 2004, 21:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

What are u guys' thoughts on the romours that Kimi and Ross Brawn(the ferrari tech genius) are going to Swap teams next year or so??
Old 4th May 2004, 00:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think that will never happen Ron will never let Kimi go!!
Old 4th May 2004, 02:04   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I think that will never happen Ron will never let Kimi go!!
I really think there is a good possibility of Kimi joining hands with Ferrari. Which F1 driver would not drive for the most glorious name in motorsport history...and more so considerign their current form.

But Ross Brawn in Mclaren? Forget it. He has been one of the main reasons behind Michaels success and he will retire at Ferrari. Their loyalty is just too strong.

GTO
Old 4th May 2004, 14:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

i'd say bring 'Jos the Boss' Verstappen back and give him a Ferrari. maybe that would keep me awake just once during the entire race. i really used to enjoy F1, not anymore. maybe Ferrari and MS are just too good together or maybe it's just rigged. either ways it makes for boring television. funnily, enough i prefer MotoGP to F1, even though i prefer cars to bikes. there is more overtaking in one lap of MotoGp then an entire race of F1, and that my friends makes for interesting watching. maybe it will be more interesting when they take the driver aids out inspite of probbly having less powerful engines, maybe it will be more interesting if they do ever start a GPWC. or maybe it just won't in either case. guess i'll just have to wait. F1 will never be the same as when Senna was around or for that matter when MS was driving for Benetton. that proves i dont hate MS.
Old 4th May 2004, 14:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ported_head @ May 04 2004,12:51)]i'd say bring 'Jos the Boss' Verstappen back and give him a Ferrari. maybe that would keep me awake just once during the entire race. i really used to enjoy F1, not anymore. maybe Ferrari and MS are just too good together or maybe it's just rigged. either ways it makes for boring television. funnily, enough i prefer MotoGP to F1, even though i prefer cars to bikes. there is more overtaking in one lap of MotoGp then an entire race of F1,
I feel that Jos is a little too old and cannot serve a team for a long period. Kimi is the best replacement as i think he is the "champion breed"
Besides that Ron is a wily guy. He says "Give me Ross, and i'll give u kimi!".
Nowadays, well, with all the driver aids F1 is kind of boring as we see a driver at the front, disappear with out any competition..On the other hand, there's motoGP where there is stiff competition right till the end..
Got to love Rossi' attitude when he started to win too many races he tried to give himself a new challenge--move to an technically "inferior" team!!
Wonder if Schumi would do the same??(I wish!!)
Old 4th May 2004, 15:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

I support that, get Jos back and see the way he rips that Ferrari.

And the drivers who would not join the most glorious team now are Eddie Irvine and David Coulthard.
Old 4th May 2004, 16:50   #27
F50
Senior - BHPian

Definately yes and F1 will never ever be boring. FIA will get more rules in to stop Ferrari's dominance n more stronger Ferrari & Schumi will grow.
Fia is signing the deal in Monaco this week or so. And Max Mosely said the main thing is to get FERRARI ON OUR SIDE !!!!
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:37   #28
BHPian

for me F1 is not only about who's winning but how they are winning, pits or real overtakes or that spectacular blowout of the car.

its a gripping sport & i must thank the channels for taking ad breaks (pun intended) else we wont even get up for a leak or to pick up another beer
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:57   #29
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Oh hellya ! with 3 races to go and 2 points in between fonsi and schmuck... it dont get better than dis

2007 - Kimi in RED and Fonsi in Black/Silver hahah now dats gonna be something
Old 22nd September 2006, 12:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

guys
this thread is 2 years old.............lol
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks