Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 11:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

@Sheel: Catch the drift. Future is all about hopes and speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Just imagine the benefit to Ducati's bike sales due to Rossi's brand value. Immense.
Ducati will make a killing with Rossi, think Desmosedici RR to be the next R1 but only if they do not make it super expensive.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:17   #17
BHPian

Rossi all the way.
I believe Lorenzo will be fighting with Stoner for second place come 2011.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Although i would love for rossi to shine in 2011 with Ducati, it will not be easy for him. Stoner is showing stellar form in the closing stages of this season, and Lorenzo has established himself as one of the best riders out there (though I am not really a fan of his riding or as a person).

one thing is for sure- if all three riders finish the season without injuries, the championship may well go down to the wire.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:36   #19
BHPian

The first half of the season might be a little difficult for the ducati's but the later half would be where Rossi and the bike would gel well. This ofcourse is speculation and can go 100% wrong but if this were to happen it would allow people like J Lo and pedrosa to get away with a lead by mid season. My take is that 2012 would be Rossi's year and 2011 would be just a podium year.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:55   #20
BHPian

The general feeling is that Rossi will tame the Desmosedici RR (which I hope he will eventually) rule roost in 2011 as he has proven in the past with Yamaha. But we all are forgetting something here, Rossi might be / is the god of bike racing, but a % of his success has to be attributed to this man, Jeremy Burgess, his race engineer. If not for Burgess, Yamaha's revival by Rossi might not have been possible. Its likely that Burgess is staying with Yamaha.

Burgess's quote - "80/20" theory: In a motorcycle race, the contribution of the rider is 80% and that of the bike is 20%.

IMO Rossi still needs that 20% and there is no duubt that Ducati will move heaven & earth to get things done for him.

But one thing for sure, 2011, will turn out to be one of the most exciting season in the recent times.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:20   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
t a % of his success has to be attributed to this man, Jeremy Burgess, his race engineer. If not for Burgess, Yamaha's revival by Rossi might not have been possible. Its likely that Burgess is staying with Yamaha.
Rossi solved Yamaha WSBK problem when he went out for his test post his crash. He is a very good development rider, though a part of his success is owned by the wily Australian as rightly pointed by you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Ducati will make a killing with Rossi, think Desmosedici RR to be the next R1 but only if they do not make it super expensive.
All the desmos are sold and desmo as the next R1

Let a bland 1198 be priced equivalent to an R1 and I am not even talking about its R or S suffixed Motorcycles

R1 isn't even selling,(if you are taking sales statistics into a/c) the best sellers are CBR-1000RR and GSX-R 1000 respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post

To be fair, next year I expect it to be Rossi + Ducati vs Stoner + Honda. I feel Lorenzo and the Yamaha squad may be third.
If Stoner can give up his low sides and high-sides, then yes, he would be the one to watch out for.

J Lo and Yamaha? There is a far better rider out there by the name of Ben Spies.
How good is he? Well, in the history of Motorcycle Racing, no one and I repeat no one has won World SBK crown in his debut/rookie year.

He was/is on a satellite bike this year and is currently 6th in the championship.

If some one had watched 2009 WSBK rounds would know what race-craft is. He made Nori Haga weep, put him on a factory bike and see him go which is anyways happening in 2011.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:24   #22
BHPian

Finally Ducati has a rider who can get them back up the championship stakes. I'm a huge Ducati fan (there's something about Italian stallions) and obviously the Doctor. It will be hell of a lot more interesting next year with the Doctor riding the Ducati. I can't wait for the season to start. An awesome battle in prospect with Lorenzo and Stoner. Ben Spies could be a surprise package too.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 19th October 2010 at 12:25.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

All the desmos are sold and desmo as the next R1

Let a bland 1198 be priced equivalent to an R1 and I am not even talking about its R or S suffixed Motorcycles

R1 isn't even selling,(if you are taking sales statistics into a/c) the best sellers are CBR-1000RR and GSX-R 1000 respectively.
@Sheel: We all know Ducs are much more expensive, but still only handful are sold. If Rossi starts winning and the Ducati media operations handle this well. Ducatis will be the only thing selling in Europe and US.

I said Demo to be the new R1 meant, its the top performer and the wish list bike. Sales figures are not always the indication of aspirational value.

@Doran: Desmo GP11 it will be as Yamaha as M1 for current year. Desmo RR and R1 are the street legal copies of the GP machines.

As for Spies is concerned. He is indeed a good rider, so is Simoncelli and we know there are in stellar company. For me the Doctor has always stood above the rest.

He is Ayrton Senna equivalent in MotoGP. Rest can be Schumachers or Mansells or even Jack Villeneuve. I am sure he will handle the Duc better than Hayden

Cheers!
Old 20th October 2010, 12:37   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Sheel: We all know Ducs are much more expensive, but still only handful are sold. If Rossi starts winning and the Ducati media operations handle this well. Ducatis will be the only thing selling in Europe and US.
Because of Rossi? Then why isn't Yamaha selling NOW compared to Honda & Suzuki?

Japanese Motorcycles are much cheaper to buy and run, whilst belting out the same performance (if not better) than Italians.

Heck, even the new BMW S1000RR is an expensive Motorcycle to maintain.

Italians hold aspirational value and MV or Aprilia is as good as Ducati.

Quote:
I said Demo to be the new R1 meant, its the top performer and the wish list bike. Sales figures are not always the indication of aspirational value.
It is the --
1) S1000RR
2) CBR1000RR
3) RSV-4

Quote:
R1 are the street legal copies of the GP machines.

Are you serious? GP Machines?

Well, let's just start by taking your knowledge of bikes out of the equation, these bikes are nothing like we have ever ridden, nor will ever ride in our lifetime. Their motors and suspension, brakes, weight, and other mods would make the common supersport bike seem like a bulldozer/lawn mowers (take your pick).

As for the riders, they're just simply some of the best riders in the world. You could put them on a moped, and they'll pass you on the outside on any given track. They are that good, it dosen't matter what they're riding.

Ride an Asian spec CBR-600RR/R6 and get on-board a street-legal CBR-600/R6 and you will know what I am saying.

Everything is entirely different, right from brakes, frame, shocks, you name it.

GP machines cost crores, whereas what is the cost of a street-legal race replica? Forget GP, they can't even come close to WSBK spec even on race-tires. The difference would be more than 10secs per lap.

Yes, as regular guys, we will get our fill from the RR machines, add a termignoni/yoshimura/twin-brothers/akrapovic, would add a power commander and remain happy.

Quote:
As for Spies is concerned. He is indeed a good rider, so is Simoncelli and we know there are in stellar company. For me the Doctor has always stood above the rest.
Wondering why they are conducting 2011 Moto GP championships? Shouldn't they hand over the 2011 trophy to Valentino and play cool?

VR is undoubtedly the undisputed champion of Motorcycle racing, but he is Rossi because of Max Biaggi/Sete Gibernau/Casey Stoner/Nicky Hayden/J Lo.

Don't undermine other racer's efforts. I too on a GP day would be at front cheering for VR, but the fanboyism on this thread is too much for me to digest.
To give a perspective, my registration nos. are all 46. All.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th October 2010 at 12:40.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

@Sheel: I guess you still did not get the drift. It is a speculation thread while we (read fanboys) are jubilant to see Rossi in Ducati camp.

We all know the impact MotoGP wins do to regular sales of street legal bikes. Yamaha would not have sold more if it was not for Rossi getting them on track. Ducati will benefit and that is the whole point, how much and will others sell is OT.

As for the Yamaha not selling, we all know that R1 bites back and that has dissuaded many that I know, rest you can tell us why it is not selling? That is OT as well.

Japs are cheap and relatively maintenance free. Agreed, but that does not mean Duc are not good. As you said others are good too. BMW has hit the sweet spot for the fan-boys with S1000RR, there are many a converts.

This thread was not started for people to learn more on what WSBK or their road going replicas are, it is all about Rossi, Ducati and MotoGP fanboys to have fun speculating the endless possibilities and the most probable of them all.

Cheers!
Old 20th October 2010, 15:29   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Sheel: I guess you still did not get the drift. It is a speculation thread while we (read fanboys) are jubilant to see Rossi in Ducati camp.
Got it, Thanks

Quote:
we all know that R1 bites back and that has dissuaded many that I know, rest you can tell us why it is not selling? That is OT as well.
In the hands of pros on a track? Rest, results have spoken loud on every track-test.

Quote:
This thread was not started for people to learn more on what WSBK or their road going replicas are,
Harm in having a little info? Oops!
Quote:
it is all about Rossi fanboys to have fun speculating the endless possibilities and the most probable of them all.

Cheers!
Corrected !

Moto GP fanboys? They are here--(If external links aren't allowed, please delete it)
MotoGP:2010 Season - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

I am out of this, you may continue Rossi praising and bashing others.

Would request moderator/s to delete all my replies on this thread as it is not in sync with the purpose for which the thread was created.
Thanks

Last edited by Sheel : 20th October 2010 at 15:39.
Old 20th October 2010, 16:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Harm in having a little info? Oops!
No harm, but you started comparing the bikes. That had nothing to do with Rossi or Ducati. Discuss what difference would you like to see in the new Ducati or Rossi's racing techniques with the new Ducati, that will be most appreciated.

Quote:
Moto GP fanboys? They are here--(If external links aren't allowed, please delete it)
MotoGP:2010 Season - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Not many of us are members of multiple forums, we love our MotoGP here at TBHP as well.

Quote:
I am out of this, you may continue Rossi praising and bashing others.
No one has dissed about any rider. We all appreciate what the competition does to Rossi. Last lap of Australian GP is the latest proof.

We like to have good company, share your passion for Rossi and Ducati with all. Peace (\/)

Cheers!
Old 20th October 2010, 17:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Discuss what difference would you like to see in the new Ducati or Rossi's racing techniques with the new Ducati, that will be most appreciated.
I am not qualified enough to post anything on this,I can't even comment on riders racing in National level, forget commenting on The God.

All I can say is shun the electronics, ASAP.

Quote:
we love our MotoGP here at TBHP as well.
Point taken.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All I can say is shun the electronics, ASAP.
Whole heartedly agreed. Electronics is taking the fun out of MotoGP and even the F1. Its fun seeing the gadgets on the screen but when races are won by the team engineers sitting at the Pit wall telling the driver to adjust specific component to max the time, it takes an average petrohead away from the sport.

I might not be Jezza but I can repeat his words. He said that cars from the Thatcher era (F40) were better than cars from the Blair era. He was referring to electronics in the car.
Old 21st October 2010, 00:27   #30

I fail to understand that Rossi developed Yamaha bike and it suited Lorenzo more. I may be wrong.

Similar thing happened in 2000 (probably) in Yamaha 250cc team. Nakano developed both the bikes and Oliver Jacque got the better of him to take the championship, the only thing was a different engine setup. Yamaha had dominated then.

Now if Rossi develops the Ducati, soon there will be somebody who will ride it better.

I am a rossi fan and pray for his success on the Ducati. Felt a little surprised that he is gong to Ducati. But it will now be the dream team. Rossi + Ducati sure looks lucrative.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks