Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 19:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
Awesome thread brother .
Must have been like a dream come true for you.
What next ?
thanks mate..it indeed was a pleasant experience.

what next? well, none of these exclusives 'experiences' were ever planned..so you never know , I may spring a surprise !!
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
thanks mate..it indeed was a pleasant experience.

what next? well, none of these exclusives 'experiences' were ever planned..so you never know , I may spring a surprise !!
time to give the thread its life 14000
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:38   #33
BHPian

Great news for NK in US

Quote:
Former Formula One driver Narain Karthikeyan from India wins Truck series’ most popular driver award
Quote:
The winner of the 2010 Most Popular Driver award for the Camping World Truck Series is a driver whom many people have never heard of in the United States. But in his native India, a country with 1.2 billion people, Narain Karthikeyan is a star.
With the award determined by voting through the Internet, Karthikeyan, a former Formula One driver, relied on his worldwide fan base to win the award.
Just how big is that fan base? Karthikeyan has more than 36,000 followers on Twitter. Motocross legend Ricky Carmichael, who made the transition to NASCAR last year and won the 2009 award, has more than 28,000 followers.
The 33-year-old Karthikeyan drove in nine races this year for Turn One Racing through an association with Starbeast Motorsports. He has not announced his plans for 2011.
“What can I say?” Karthikeyan said in accepting the award Monday. “I am surprised I am getting this award, and I am honored by it.
“I have to thank my fans. … I had the great opportunity to come here and race in NASCAR with Starbeast Motorsports. We did a partial season. I’m really looking forward to coming back and racing here in 2011.”
All of the races in which he has competed have been broadcast in India, said Karthikeyan, who is the first foreign-born driver to win the award in any of NASCAR’s three national series.
“I have a big fan base in India but to be going up against all these guys, it’s good that fans in India are supporting me,” Karthikeyan said. “I’ve found some new fans here, too. The biggest thing is NASCAR going to have a huge fan base back home.”
Karthikeyan’s best finish was 11th at Texas in June.
“Racing in NASCAR has been such a rewarding experience, both personally and professionally,” Karthikeyan said. “From the other drivers to the fans, everyone has been extremely welcoming and supportive. I really want to thank those fans in India and the U.S. who voted for me. I am so honored.”

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks