Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2004, 23:59   #16
BHPian

for reverse i think they turn a nob or switch somethin like tht
Old 10th July 2004, 14:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

launch control..is basically restricting the power to the wheels..
its main function is to reduce wheel spin

i dont know how big a role traction control plays in WRC ( does it even exist ? )
.. coz there's always wheel spin at the turns to induce a slide..

LC & TC and variants in these 2 play a big role in F1
Old 10th July 2004, 18:53   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Tom @ July 09 2004,11:34)]anybody know what the red and green button on the steering wheel is for?
This should answer that question and many more>

cya
R

Source swrt.com
Old 12th July 2004, 11:40   #19
BHPian

hey tom, stop pulling other's legs

is this to educate the other members on the forum. cause i know that you know all the answers to the questions that you are asking.
Old 12th July 2004, 11:51   #20
Tom
BHPian

well killjoy i was just trying to start an interesting discussion.......since no one was asking questions i thought id do it myself...and truly i dont know the answers to all of them
Old 12th July 2004, 11:59   #21
Tom
BHPian

Rehaan thats an excellent diagram man! I didnt know the co-driver had to do the honking....LOL
The hand brake lever also doubles as a gear shift when he electronic shift conks and the gear has to be shifted in manual mode. Ive also noticed that when this happens the co-driver shifts the stick into first while launching....cant figure out why though.

Another thought.....cant the pace notes be fed into the trip computer?
Old 12th July 2004, 12:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (killjoy @ July 12 2004,20:10)]hey tom, stop pulling other's legs

is this to educate the other members on the forum. cause i know that you know all the answers to the questions that you are asking.
Yeah, even i though the same way at first but then, i saw that we were actually learning a lot from this topic.

These were questions i'd never even thought of before.

Go on Tom, you can ask as many questions as you want.........we'll try and answer them. It sure is interesting.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 12th July 2004, 14:41   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]hey tom, stop pulling other's legs

is this to educate the other members on the forum. cause i know that you know all the answers to the questions that you are asking
Lol, i had that distinct feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Rehaan thats an excellent diagram man! I didnt know the co-driver had to do the honking....LOL
Yeah SWRT rocks. and i admire them for putting some REAL high res images up. This diagram was actually around 4000x3100 and i resized it to 800x620!!
Lol, if the "co-driver" ever blows the horn when i am driving, or parked, they get a slap from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The hand brake lever also doubles as a gear shift when he electronic shift conks and the gear has to be shifted in manual mode.
I had mentioned this earlier somewhere on this site, but didnt know that it was when the electronic shift conks; thought it was more a matter of choice....

As i said earlier, love the onslaught of questions and we are all defintely learning from this! keep em comming.
I am at heart a huge WRC fan, but just dont get the time to watch or read abt it....so this is great!

cya
R

ps - what exactly does the "anti-lag control" switch do?
Old 12th July 2004, 18:07   #24
Tom
BHPian

as you know the turbines of the turbo take a little time or needs to reach a minimum RPM to kick in...this delay is countered by the Anti LAg System (ALS)...u can read more on this here
Old 12th July 2004, 18:09   #25
Tom
BHPian

does the co-driver honk with his foot? LOL
Old 12th July 2004, 18:58   #26
Team-BHP Support

Superb writeup on the Anti Lag System (ALS) !

Do you happen to have any pics of the WRC engines, drivetrain etc? i remember seeing a pic of the axle of the 2001WRC subaru, and they were something like 1" diameter!!!! (is my memory playing tricks on me?)

R
Old 5th June 2006, 09:38   #27
Team-BHP Support

Bang-bang.
Thread bump.

Just read the mention of an ALS system in another thread and remembered about this one!..... check out the great article explaining ALS in post #24.

cya
R
Old 13th June 2006, 15:03   #28
BHPian

As far as the green and buttons are concerned one is for wiperes and the other for launch control...if u guys saw the rally magzine show where chris atkinson of swrt explains all the functions of the car before rally sardinia.this is on the 2006 impreza...ford has got a function that no other car in wrc has on it,the driver can adjust the ride height of the car by pressing a switch on the wheel..reverse gear is put when ever there is stall or something the drivers turn a switch to R and then start the car and put it to first..one thing i noticed in the diagram is the fire extinguisher switch actually its a the FIA safety switch all drivers have to activate it when they have completed a stage if drivers have a off and cant make then the HQ will know there is crash..the hand brake is also know as the on and off stick its activated when drive uses it for hairpins and vice versa

Last edited by chetan : 13th June 2006 at 15:13.
Old 13th June 2006, 15:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Rehaan thats an excellent diagram man! I didnt know the co-driver had to do the honking....LOL
The hand brake lever also doubles as a gear shift when he electronic shift conks and the gear has to be shifted in manual mode. Ive also noticed that when this happens the co-driver shifts the stick into first while launching....cant figure out why though.

Another thought.....cant the pace notes be fed into the trip computer?
Hi tom

No other car execpt the ford focus 2003 has this feature when ever electronic gears fail the co-driver just lifts off a pin and the hand brake in now becomes a manual shifter but u cant use the hand brake as morkko martin had this problem in 2003 corcia rally..If u have noticed when drivers shift gears a small stick on the right side of the wheel moves aswell as i said they use it only when electronic shift fails... drivers dont use clutch during electronic shifts the rpm is automatically adjusted they use when starting satges and road sections and some times on hair pins espicall monte carlo.

if u have seen all the drivers pull the hand brake and start reveing before starting the stage its got some thing to do with the launch control..petter solberg never revs he launches the his impreza only when the count down lights reaches 0 ...in marcus gronholm's case his co-driver pulls the hand brake while starting

hey tom if pace notes are fed into the trip computer whats the use of co-driver
Old 13th June 2006, 19:58   #30
BHPian

back to class everyone!!

The screen on the right is for components / engine telemetry....keeps the driver/co-driver posted.

had seen on of these on a 06 WRC rex..

Last edited by R32_GTR : 13th June 2006 at 20:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks