Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 16:54   #1
BHPian

A Coorgi On the Move

Hi Guys,

I am Avin Nanjappa, from Coorg. A typical motor head with some lil bit of experience in auto cross, motocross, TSD's etc.

Never had time to actually write and blog, I am associated in the renewable green energy sector, which leaves me no time to even wipe my back at times. I have had a good stint the motor racing industry in the recent past.

I had opened a dirt track on pay and practice model at Sarjapur, in Bangalore during my stint there. Loads of friends and contacts in this field.

In here to gain some knowledge and share some of my experiences.

Cheers,
Avin ( nanju)
nanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 14:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Coorgi On the Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanju View Post
Nanjappa
Quote:
auto cross, motocross, TSD's etc.
Motorsports is obviously your middle and last name Welcome aboard Avin!

Quote:
I have had a good stint the motor racing industry in the recent past.
Would love to hear of your experiences. In the recent past, we had a detailed report from a VW Polo Cup Driver (Link to Thread)

Quote:
I had opened a dirt track on pay and practice model at Sarjapur, in Bangalore during my stint there. Loads of friends and contacts in this field.
All the fun & action is down south, it seems unfair to the rest of us! We don't even have a track where we can take our cars for some healthy racing. Things are looking up though, have you seen Pradip's track (Link to thread)?

Great to have you with us.
Old 17th May 2011, 09:58   #3
BHPian

Nice to know you Avin. So you seem to be at two ends of the carbon footprint spectrum - renewable energy and auto industry - if I may

Look forward to your posts!

Cheers,
Old 17th May 2011, 12:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nanju, Chaitheuliya? One coorgi here too and Welcome to the forum and hope to see a lot more posts about your experience.

Jagat is on the forum but not very active though. There are alot of people who are into racing and many as the organizers. Sudev is one of them actively involved in raid and desert rallying. So was it more bikes or cars also when you were into rallys?
Old 17th May 2011, 12:17   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hi Nanju, welcome to T-BHP. Although I am no Kodava, I do have some roots there since I lived in Gonikoppal for 3 years as a kid. I can perfectly understand Kodava thak, but I can't speak it anymore. I still regularly travel to Coorg for offroading events every year.
Old 17th May 2011, 12:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nanju. Hi from one Kodava to another ! Looks like you have been doing some very interesting stuff. Looking forward to seeing some interesting threads from you on the forum
Old 24th May 2011, 13:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Motorsports is obviously your middle and last name Welcome aboard Avin!

Would love to hear of your experiences. In the recent past, we had a detailed report from a VW Polo Cup Driver (Link to Thread)

All the fun & action is down south, it seems unfair to the rest of us! We don't even have a track where we can take our cars for some healthy racing. Things are looking up though, have you seen Pradip's track (Link to thread)?

Great to have you with us.
Thanks GTO, will surely share my adventures, No I haven't seen pradip's track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Nice to know you Avin. So you seem to be at two ends of the carbon footprint spectrum - renewable energy and auto industry - if I may

Look forward to your posts!

Cheers,
Thanks Buddy, A realization of sorts - "Carbon footprints"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Hey Nanju, Chaitheuliya? One coorgi here too and Welcome to the forum and hope to see a lot more posts about your experience.
Hey maddy, Nan Chaiteulle.. Thanks for the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hi Nanju, welcome to T-BHP. Although I am no Kodava, I do have some roots there since I lived in Gonikoppal for 3 years as a kid. I can perfectly understand Kodava thak, but I can't speak it anymore. I still regularly travel to Coorg for offroading events every year.
Hey samurai, next time you are in coorg, you know whom to bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hey Nanju. Hi from one Kodava to another ! Looks like you have been doing some very interesting stuff. Looking forward to seeing some interesting threads from you on the forum
Hi Tarun, check you my latest build report.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...l-monster.html
Old 25th May 2011, 06:51   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard. Interesting bit about pay and ride dirt track. Hope to read more about that experience.
Old 25th May 2011, 14:38   #9
BHPian

Welcome aboard, awaiting loads to hear from you!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks