Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:32   #1
BHPian

Excited!

Hi,

Thanks to the moderators for accepting my request for membership. I am indeed delighted and excited to be part of Team-BHP.

I started my lessons in driving at the age of 8 in 1988 (only remote and viewing lessons) - got to understand the nuances of the what and how during driving - when my dad drove our first car - the Premier Padmini. Later that year, sat with mom and coached her on the finer nuances of driving after she got her license

Those were the days when the petrol 'jet' used to get blocked and dad and I used to drive down to the Wheels Garage on Lavelle road to get that cleared. Hi-beam and low-beam bulbs were a constant subject of discussion (60-80, 80-110, etc) and petrol was a good 10 bucks a litre!

The next vehicle I bought was the Suzuki Fiero - wine red and shining that I bought during my MBA and followed it with a Tata Indigo LX. The bike was good exercise and learning with all the carnauba wax polish that I used to buy in sachets from Malleshwaram in Bangalore.

Team-BHP was something I referred to during that decision too in 2004. I think there used to be a green or a blue background/theme those days.

The Indigo was followed by a Santro Xing in 2006, only to be followed by the Ford Fiesta SXi in 2011. The latter was the spark for my extensive and intense research off late.

When not driving (or thinking of what to do next with the car), I work as a HR professional in an IT organization. My hobbies include aquariums (Indian Aquarium Hobbyist), writing (Enriching life), facilitating workshops on human and leadership development (Leading today) and more recently as a high potential individual development coach (www)

As of now, real excited to have joined the forum and look forward to lots of fun and learning here.

Warm regards,
NagaSid

PS:
1. Which sticker of Team BHP would go well with a silver background?
2. If I want to replace a sticker with a newer one at a later date, would it take a bit of the paint with it? Any experiences?
Old 24th May 2011, 08:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Excited!

Nice to see such varied set of interests esp Aquarium. I had visited the one in Bangalore (near Cubbon park) a year back and was shocked to see its state of affairs. Any other ones in and around Bangalore?
Old 24th May 2011, 10:45   #3
BHPian

Hi Ampere,

Thank you! Logging on to Team-BHP is getting addictive.

Unfortunately, no other aquariums are open for public display in Bangalore. The one at Lalbagh has shut down if I am right.

There are quite a few hobbyists in Bangalore who have awesome planted tanks and you can find them on Indian Aquarium Hobbyist Most of them are quite happy to receive visitors. Very few shops have a good display.

The annual national conference is coming up in June at Chennai and I plan to combine a drive in my new Fiesta with that event.

Warm regards,
NagaSid
Old 24th May 2011, 15:11   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Naga.Sid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naga.sid View Post
Team-BHP was something I referred to during that decision too in 2004. I think there used to be a green or a blue background/theme those days.
Correct, default was blue. Then, in 2005, we switched to red.

How did you find us way back in our founding year 2004? We really weren't well indexed in Google then.

Quote:
My hobbies include aquariums (Indian Aquarium Hobbyist), writing (Enriching life), facilitating workshops on human and leadership development (Leading today) and more recently as a high potential individual development coach (www)
I must say you have a diverse range of interests. Good stuff.

Quote:
Which sticker of Team BHP would go well with a silver background?
I suggest the carbon-fiber Driven by Team-BHP or the black & red Love cars, live cars

Quote:
If I want to replace a sticker with a newer one at a later date, would it take a bit of the paint with it? Any experiences?
Would car lovers ever approve of stickers that peel off paint? Nope, they are 100% safe and come off nice & clean with no damage.
Old 24th May 2011, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Hi GTO,

Thanks for taking time to write a note in welcome and respond to my queries.

Quote:
How did you find us way back in our founding year 2004? We really weren't well indexed in Google then.
While I don't quite remember how I landed on our page, I clearly remember reading the forums. The pages wouldn't let me scroll to the next page till I logged in, but the search results' page would be open to read.

Anyway, happy to be here!

Warm regards,
NagaSid
Old 24th May 2011, 15:55   #6
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Naga, better late than never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I found Team-BHP by googling for Petra review in late 2004.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ve-report.html (Fiat Petra Test-Drive report)

Then I joined the forum, and the members convinced me to buy a Baleno instead.
Old 24th May 2011, 17:10   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I remember RTECH's post on RDDREAMS about starting an online forum and asking members there to join in and be a part.

I first logged in with the nick Shark. Subsequently lost all its credentials and Spitfire was born.
Old 24th May 2011, 19:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome Naga, better late than never.
Thanks Samurai Kind of kicking myself for not having applied for membership then. I would have had a few stars next to my name (hopefully!) by now. Anyway, better late than never I guess.

Warm regards,
NagaSid
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks