Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 02:27   #1
BHPian

I'm lovin' it

I have thought of this moment countless times, as to how I would start my first thread on Team-bhp. The fact that the moderators have approved my registration and consider me as Team-bhp material is in itself an accomplishment for me. I say this not because I doubt my own measure of petrol-headed-ness, but because of my laziness. Anyways, I would like to thank the moderators for letting me be a part of this amazing community which has not just been a source of information but inspiration, motivation and giving me a sense of direction and I will sincerely try my best to live upto the lofty standards set by all my fellow petrol-heads, so please bear with me.

About me, ever since I was born I have inadvertently made an effort to make everyone I have come in contact with, know that I am a petrolhead(my parents vouch for the fact). As my love affair grew stronger and I sunk deeper into it, I decided that my interaction with automobiles should not just be restricted to driving, riding or owning them and that I must play a part in the creation of these amazing machines. This made me take up mechanical engineering(due to my location - hyderabad) and I was planning to do a master's in automobile engineering. It all seemed simple until I finished my bachelor's, when I got this crazy idea that one does not really need a degree to do what one loves.

This seemingly simple idea turned my world upside down. In the past three years since my graduation, I have worked in a BPO(automobile related - luckily), went for an M.S in automobile engineering to detroit(discontinued- sort of a pilgrimage), worked in a software company(no way related to automobiles), in short tried all that any youngster in my age group in hyderabad would do and finally right now pursuing an M.tech in automobile engineering from VIT university and ARAI academy. It all might seem a little crazy, but like they say life is all about experiencing and I'm lovin every bit of it, all thanks to my amazingly understanding parents.

All through these years it was Team-bhp that kept my spark plugs firing and my automotive dream alive. Im about to go to ARAI, pune which is nothing short of a mecca for us petrolheads, in a few days to pursue my 2nd yr and the timing of my membership approval could not have been better, I thank the moderators for this great birthday gift... I'm lovin' it.

P.S: Hope I have not bored everyone, but Im sure that a majority of BHPians who work outside the automotive industry could relate with me. I narrowly missed that bus and would not want it to happen to anyone else.
Old 1st June 2011, 07:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: I'm lovin' it

Welcome to TBHP, the content in the forum is really awesome.
Old 1st June 2011, 07:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP and to Pune i should say. Hope to catch up with you in some Pune BHP meet.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:49   #4
BHPian

Its been quite a while since I had been to ARAI. Now that you have reminded me, I will surely make a quick visit and hope to catch you there
Welcome to to T-BHP mate.
Old 1st June 2011, 22:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Welcome to TBHP, the content in the forum is really awesome.
I completely agree with you bro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Welcome to T-BHP and to Pune i should say. Hope to catch up with you in some Pune BHP meet.
Looking forward to it amit bhai
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Its been quite a while since I had been to ARAI. Now that you have reminded me, I will surely make a quick visit and hope to catch you there
Welcome to to T-BHP mate.
Definitely sir, my name is Deepak Reddy and I would be looking forward to meet you there. I guess ARAI has drawn a lot of flak in the recent past for various reasons from our fellow BHPians. Very few people would be knowing about initiatives taken by ARAI such as the introduction of this M.tech course that we are presently pursuing.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ngineer-6.html
This thread for example had a lot of heated discussions on the role of ARAI in the development of auto industry in India. I would definitely like to add the point that the sort exposure we would get at ARAI will definitely help us to become better engineers. Also, if more people like me know about such courses(a similar b.tech course has been introduced recently), their entry into the auto industry would be much easier, unlike as in my case.
If veterans like yourself give some valuable inputs and the moderators give a go ahead, we could actually start a thread which would be a sort of guide for youngsters who wish to get into the industry, as in the colleges/courses being offered and what the industry expects from prospective employees, etc.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:34   #6
BHPian

Deepak,
First of all a BIG welcome to TBhp, need not say it but its an amazing place to be.
When are your planning to come to Pune. Like you consider Pune the Mecca for Petrolheads, Hyd is no less when it comes to automobiles, Im sure you will vouch for that.
Do let us all Pune folks know when you are going to be here. It would be great meeting you.
regards
salil
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scphanse View Post
Deepak,
First of all a BIG welcome to TBhp, need not say it but its an amazing place to be.
When are your planning to come to Pune. Like you consider Pune the Mecca for Petrolheads, Hyd is no less when it comes to automobiles, Im sure you will vouch for that.
Do let us all Pune folks know when you are going to be here. It would be great meeting you.
regards
salil
Thanks a lot Salil bhai. I agree with you that, Hyderabad has a great petrolhead culture and I am proud of my city. Its just that there aren't too many opportunities here, if one wants to make it a career. Im leaving for pune today, looking forward to meet you bro.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks