Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2006, 02:36   #1
BHPian

NOOO Not another FIAT fan !!

I am sure thats whats Team BHPians are going to say .
Hello everyone.This is Romil Hirani.I am based in Mumbai and I own a Palio 1.2.Beautiful car,pathetic pathetic aftersales.Be it Mumbai or any other part of India.FIAT service is bad.Waiting for TATA's to service my car.I wont go gaga over my car coz i'm sure everyone's had enough of that from other FIAtians.But have to say that this car is bloody addictive.Out and out a driver's car,even with that lazy 1.2.
I'm absolutely crazy about Alfa Romeos.They are just so much more than just cars.My next car-hopefully the Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet.Well,i wont make this long.Hope I get to share a lot on this forum.
Old 1st February 2006, 05:59   #2
BHPian

Hey Romil welcome to Team BHP. We have our pack full with Fiat fans great you joined.

Have a great stay and enjoy all the information floating around
Old 1st February 2006, 08:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ahhh ... kindred spirit. Welcome.

*hides from the gaze of Steeroid*
Old 1st February 2006, 10:10   #4
BHPian

welcome dude! hope you have a great time here
Old 1st February 2006, 10:31   #5
BHPian

hey roms,
welcome to TBHP!!! It's a great forum... very very addictive I must say. *CAUTION*: be ready to start lagging behind in your office work now!!!

godspeed.

Alok.

Last edited by ghostrider4385 : 1st February 2006 at 10:32.
Old 1st February 2006, 11:10   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yello Roms, and Welcome to the Team-BHP. I am sure you will find many from the same fan club, as you will of Vtecs, Balenos and even the Laura.

Do visit the announcements section to familiarise yourself with the Team-BHP Protocol.

GTO
Old 1st February 2006, 13:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hello Roms, welcome to Team-BHP. Yes, the Palio 1.2 (specially the Non-NV) has got very good highway manners, a little lazy in the city yes.. but a TANK nonetheless. Enjoy your car and your stay here!...
Old 1st February 2006, 21:58   #8
BHPian

[quote=dceite] but a TANK nonetheless. [\quote]

exactly....

welcome fellow, enjoy ur time here. and remember the rules.

@dceite: u put it just rite in ur signature!

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 1st February 2006 at 22:03.
Old 2nd February 2006, 02:06   #9
BHPian

Thank you everyone for that warm welcome.Actually,I've been following this member as a non-member since quite a time now.
dceiteHello Roms, welcome to Team-BHP. Yes, the Palio 1.2 (specially the Non-NV) has got very good highway manners, a little lazy in the city yes.. but a TANK nonetheless. Enjoy your car and your stay here!...
Thanks Dceite.I dont know if people over here know that FIAT had started fiddling with the 1.2 engine around aug 2002.This is just around the time people started complaining about FE.The NV engine in reality is the same 1.2 litre unit with changes made to the exhaust system and a new recalibrated ECU (D-9 ecu),apart from the few other cosmetic changes.This car was introduced in 2004.The surprising bit is that mine is a 2002 mfd car with an NV engine!!Just got to know this a few months back when the service person at Shaman got the shock of his life when he popped the hood of my car.Seems FIAt had a "test" lot of cars mfd in 2002 with new ecu ,etc.People owning a Palio 1.2 mfd after 2002 do check your ECU,if it has D-8 printed,its a non-NV, if d -9 ,then its an NV!
Similar changes have now been also made to the 1.6 engine.Its an NV.Its no longer the same old monster it used to be.
typeOnegativeAhhh ... kindred spirit. Welcome.

*hides from the gaze of Steeroid*

Good one.I've been following quite a few threads involving Steeroid sir's comments with FIAT.I'm sure he's got nothing against Palio,but hates FIAT to the core.So do I.I hate them for the fact that I get a sleepless night when my car goes for a service.
Old 2nd February 2006, 02:46   #10
BHPian

Hey Romil ! Welcome to Team-Bhp ... enjoy your stay on the forum ! I'm a Fiat love myself man , its gr8 to have you here .
Old 2nd February 2006, 05:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But have to say that this car is bloody addictive

Welcome to the forum! And I totally agree with your statement above. I have a Palio S10 and that car can stand shoulder to shoulder with the best in the world.

I understand you are in Mumbai. Why do you say Fiat service is pathetic? I have had wonderful expereinces with Fiat dealers in Mumbai. Anuroop in particular has been fabulous with both sales and service. Angad was pretty good too. Haven't been to fortpoint or Shaman ever so can't comment but did go to them when I was to buy the car. The sales expereince with both was really bad. Lethargic people, went in and told them I was specifically interested in S10 and they were least interested in selling a exciting car like that.
Old 2nd February 2006, 05:12   #12
BHPian

bang on mitr..but its time to eat your words man cuz TATA's latest prized

possession of FIAT's agreement on sellin cars at their station is nthing short of awesome

news for all FIAT fans ..including me...just wait and watch how FIAT sales climp up

reaching new heights..

just got carried away with FIAT fanpraisin tht i forgot to welcome u onboard...special hello to you and have a great stay n add on to our reservoir of knowldege and wisdom on cars..

Last edited by Stratos : 2nd February 2006 at 06:14.
Old 2nd February 2006, 07:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard buddy. I too am of your ilk. I own a purple NV.
Old 4th February 2006, 22:51   #14
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
.............I wont go gaga over my car coz i'm sure everyone's had enough of that from other FIAtians.But have to say that this car is bloody addictive.Out and out a driver's car,even with that lazy 1.2........................
Welcome man.

You will definitely go gaga over this club. And this site is also addictive.

RK
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks