Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2006, 12:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Greets to TEAM-BHP community from Bangalore.

Hello all,

I registered shortly after finding this forum, while doing a google search on car parts/accessories. It was very overwhelming to find a proffesionally managed car enthusiast community like this, pertaining to the Indian scene.

About me :
Iv grown up in Bangalore, studying the 4th semester of my degree at a college here. Im more of an enthusiast than an actual racer or anything. When it comes to motorsport Im not very gung ho about formula one. Really dont know much about it to be frank but watched it every now and then. I prefer watching MotoGP, as it gives me a real thrill Rallying also interests me but like I said im no race car driver

Currently my family uses a Scorpio, Mitsubishi Lancer GLI, Santro Zip Drive & a Yamaha RXG.

In the past we have had a premier padmini, maruti 800, esteem (favourite), Fiat Sienna & a Zen (most memorable).

I have a classmate who is extremely passionate about rallying & WRC. His feverish excitement seems to have rubbed of onto me and here I am surfing the web with you guys, sharing this great community. I will get my friend to join in as well.

Like I mentioned earlier I stumbled onto this forum by accident. My folks plan to flog off my Santro Zip Drive, its a 2002, good condition and EXCELLENT engine. If we planned ot retain it I was toying with the idea of some mods, as of now it is stock engine, tyres, rims.

Anyway so Im probably going to use the Lancer gli from now on (instead of buying a new car right away). Was interested in souping up the baby a bit. Small cosmetic changes, a proffesional audio installation, just to make the ride more enjoyable.

The BEST part of this forum is that its got amatuers, proffesionals, (some idiots even i reckon?? hehe) and possibly offers the best advise, and widest range of choices availble to us car freaks in the country.

Anyway, I shall stop rambling now.......... a good sunday afternoon awaits me. As most of you know Bangalore traffic sucks bigtime, this is when most of the half-wit motorists arent on the road. Lol.

God Bless & Stay safe,
s0uljah.

Last edited by s0uljah : 5th February 2006 at 12:42.
Old 5th February 2006, 13:05   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the jungle

One statement!!!
"Lucky U"
I havent driven much of different cars even though I have been in many exotics when i was pretty young.
Seems like u have had the privelage to be in all of these and even drive.
Starting wit a lancer huh!!!

It happens when u havt a friend whoz so crazy about racing and cars... u get seduced to the world of automobies and racing. Most of my current friends didn know anything more than F1 untill they met me....

Now they know what a stand alone engine managment system is and ball bearing turbos are... hahaha!!! I cant keep my mouth shut.

I am in bangalore too... but will be leaving bangalore pretty soon...

This is the place to be if you want to know wats cookin in ur country...

Thanks to the great people I have met, I have learned a lot.
Stay here, pay respect and follow the rules... U will enjoy....
Welcome once again.

Regards
Neo
Old 5th February 2006, 17:28   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum souljah, enjoy your stay here.
PS: Go through the Announcements Section before posting any further.
Old 5th February 2006, 20:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the posts, Sid & Neo.
Will take note of the forum regulations Sid. I briefed through it earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
One statement!!!
"Lucky U"
I havent driven much of different cars even though I have been in many exotics when i was pretty young.
Seems like u have had the privelage to be in all of these and even drive.
Starting wit a lancer huh!!! ...........
You know what they say the grass is always greener on the other side

Im no quite sure what you ment by starting with lancer... if you mean its going to be my first vehicle then let me elaborate. I remember "trying" to drive the premier padmini, hehe. Awesome fun! But my real driving started with the 800.

The old zen was my first own car.. thats why most memorable. When my folks decided to sell I was in tears.

The santro zipdrive replaced the Zen and I had to swallow my pride to admit it was a good car performance wise. Till date I hate the way it looks !! But it has served me very well. We have taken it for a a few inter-state journeys and FE really blew us away.

I also love my RX, which isnt a high power bike, but a smooth and zippy engine. The engine purrrrrrrrs!!! I bought it second hand from my cousin and did a re-bore. It roamed the streets as a sort of naked rally bike for a year or so. I re-painted silver 2 years ago & she has donned a completely different look - COMPANY STOCK based on the original RX100s. Simple, yet catches your eye! The bike has been passed onto my younger brother and he might pack it up and take it with him as he studies outside of Bangalore. Occasionally I get sick of driving and its such a relief to zoooooooooom around on the mo'bike ! Will post some pics soon.

Last edited by s0uljah : 5th February 2006 at 20:37.
Old 5th February 2006, 22:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi souljah welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.
Old 6th February 2006, 00:47   #6
BHPian

Hahahaha!!!
Enjoy and Have Fun!!!
Old 6th February 2006, 01:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey dude

welcome to tbhp.have a great stay

rev
Old 6th February 2006, 18:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard!

Another Santro owner... I have fond memories of my 2000 ZipDrive, the 1.0 version. That thing deflated a lot of Japanese egos.

Try and make it to a meet sometime soon...oughtta be fun!
Old 7th February 2006, 06:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Welcome aboard!

Another Santro owner... I have fond memories of my 2000 ZipDrive, the 1.0 version. That thing deflated a lot of Japanese egos.

Try and make it to a meet sometime soon...oughtta be fun!

hey bro.. welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay....
v1p3r... japanese ego's???? hmmmm.. i wonder what you are talking about??
Old 7th February 2006, 07:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the welcome@ revtech, v1p3r & the godfather.

@godfather : I think v1p3r meant he whooped some ass during his santro days and the loosers were probably driving jap imports/cars. There is a very strong rivalry between the koreans & japanese which dates back to the days of war... I have personally experienced this and there are many societies in the world who consider(ered) korean products inferior to Japanese. My uncle is an example.. Anything that comes out of Korea has to be useless!!! Regardless of whether he knows anything about it or not. This is fuelled from the fact that he does business with the Japs!

V1per : Will try and make it to a meet sometime so that I can identify faces to some of those wikkid cars I see being driven around
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks