Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 23:07   #1
BHPian

An introduction to plain.vanilla

Hello everybody.

Feels great to get the green flag to post on team-bhp. I am an IT guy from Palakkad, Kerala, forever on the lookout for other opportunities after being fed up of coding and meeting tight deadlines.

I remember the first car in our family was a VW Beetle in 1983 (in Nigeria), followed by a Toyota Corolla in 1986. Dad imported the Corolla when we came back to India but had to sell it off due to non availability of parts. After that we found it best to stick to Premier Padminis and Fiats until the Indigo was launched. Riding the "Be Indian, buy Indian" wave we bought the Indigo SX in 2006 (totally had to do with the patriotic advertisements of Indica - the Indian car) and now 5 years hence we booked the VW Vento. Nearly 4 months of research went into the decision making for the Vento since it is a 10L+ car, and that is when I stumbled upon the team-bhp site. I must say that I was a little skeptic about all the good views of the members but when we did the test drive on the Vento I was amazed at how accurate the information on the forum was. The test drive was like deja vu after reading GTO's review. Our Silver Diesel Highline is due in 2 months and the wait is killing me.

So team-bhp has been a great find for me and I look forward to contributing to the reviews on this fantastic portal.
Old 5th July 2011, 07:24   #2
BHPian

Re: An introduction to plain.vanilla

Welcome to Team-bhp plain.vanilla, enjoy your ride here!

You have come to the right place. Dive in and the 2 months will just go past like a breeze. Happy waiting.
Old 5th July 2011, 08:44   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Welcome to Team-bhp plain.vanilla, enjoy your ride here!

You have come to the right place. Dive in and the 2 months will just go past like a breeze. Happy waiting.
Thanks luky_13. I guess you are right about the wait. I am already thinking about the stuff I am going to put into the new car. and that means more time on team-bhp. By Gawd, Its an addiction.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:07   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP plain.vanilla! Enjoy your stay here.

What's the secret behind your handle ?

Keep revving.

With regards,
Jose.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:38   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP vanilla (Nice handle). Glad to hear that you booked the Vento. Am sure you will enjoy every bit of it.

Waiting to see your report on that and also the pics. Keep us updated. In the meantime, enjoy your stay here.

Cheers
Naveen
Old 5th July 2011, 12:58   #6
BHPian

Welcome. Do u work in palakkad as well? I think we should have a TBHP Palakkad meet soon. My friend has booked a Black Vento last week from Trichur dealership after considering Fld Verna, new Fiesta, etc. Good choice.
Old 5th July 2011, 13:51   #7
BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp. Where do you work?

A nice choice with the Vento. Do update the details as it unfolds. Enjoy your stay here.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Welcome to Team BHP plain.vanilla! Enjoy your stay here.
What's the secret behind your handle ?
Thanks Jose. The handle is just a spur of the moment kind of thing. I was looking something plain and simple. no Jedi and stuff, so thought plain.vanilla would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Welcome to TBHP vanilla (Nice handle). Glad to hear that you booked the Vento. Am sure you will enjoy every bit of it.
Waiting to see your report on that and also the pics. Keep us updated. In the meantime, enjoy your stay here.
Thank you Naveen, apart from the above explanation on the handle, I do have a liking for simple things. Just waiting to get my hands on that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Welcome. Do u work in palakkad as well? I think we should have a TBHP Palakkad meet soon. My friend has booked a Black Vento last week from Trichur dealership after considering Fld Verna, new Fiesta, etc. Good choice.
Thanks Skyline. Actually I was in the US for 8 years. Its been two years since I came back and started an ITES firm here in Palakkad. We also booked the Vento from the Trichur dealership. I did not even test drive the Verna as I found the interiors of Vento so classy and the engine just superb. I too wanted to go for the black (it looks so royal) but the family wanted a color that is low maintenance. As for the team-bhp Palakkad meet, I am game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Welcome to team-bhp. Where do you work?
A nice choice with the Vento. Do update the details as it unfolds. Enjoy your stay here.
Thank you Basil. Will certainly keep you all abreast of the developments.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks