Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2006, 17:31   #1
BHPian

Salutations to Fellowship!

Dear Autophiles,

Im not quite unlike my fellow team-bhpians but i started a little early in figuring my passion for the machines. My kith and kin claim that i used to tell the name of the bus by from the vroom as it passed by my house, all this when i was 1.5 yrs old. Grew up collecting hot wheels and almost got thrown out of the house for this hobby.

Schooling passed of pretty much with the normal rigour and cramming in.The only highlight being my learning to drive a car all by myself when i was 15, the very day we got the premier padmini home. That puts my on road years to 12 as of date. Got into architecture school as i wanted to feed my creative bent and to go with the arty image i got myself a Yezdi which i rode for 5 years.Four years have gone past, have got myself an MBA, 2 yrs of work ex, a wife and now am into a consulting role with a Spend management firm.

I ran into this forum during one of my innumerable google hunts on cars that do the rounds in the Indian roads. Im looking at lapping one up in the coming quarter after doing some thorough research. Being a performance freak, I am looking to buy a machine ( primarily the C Segment, swift being the exception) which belts out over 100 BHP and is fun to drive ( Like the Ikon!). I believe that with all the threads that are posted on the site,i can make an informed decision. Im thrilled to be a part of the most vibrant auto enthusiasts in the country.

cheers

Ram
Old 14th February 2006, 17:37   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Welcome to the forum buddy .. Thats a nice intro .. Do post ur queries in the relative sections and im sure u will be guided to ur destination .. Performance freak eh ?? I already know what u will end up with .. Anyways im sure u will enjoy ur stay here ..
Old 14th February 2006, 17:37   #3
BHPian

welcome to the forum, you have arrived and will enjoy every bit of staying here.

a very good intro i must say and this forum will definately help you in deciding what car you would want to buy.

so roam around but not before checking the announcements section. everybody here, is co operative and you could also end up making good friends of TBHPians

Till then

Regards

Shubbhi
Old 14th February 2006, 17:40   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My kith and kin claim that i used to tell the name of the bus by from the vroom as it passed by my house, all this when i was 1.5 yrs old.
Quote:
Grew up collecting hot wheels and almost got thrown out of the house for this hobby.
Quote:
The only highlight being my learning to drive a car all by myself when i was 15, the very day we got the premier padmini home.
Quote:
have got myself an MBA, 2 yrs of work ex,
Are we related? Because you and I appear to have had an almost identical upbringing!! Unfortunately, I am not as blessed as you to be making money out of telling people how to spend theirs. Read the book on Carlos Ghosn a.k.a. "Le Cost Killer"?

Just kidding. Fantastic intro and Welcome to the Team-BHP. Spend some time around, and you will pick up the most appropriate 100 BHP monster within your budget.

GTO
Old 14th February 2006, 18:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

hello mnemonic, welcome to the forum. hope you have wonderful time
hope we can all be of help in choosing your vechical
Old 14th February 2006, 18:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hail fellow, well met!

Nice intro. Welcome to TBHP, your future home.
Old 14th February 2006, 18:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi mnemonic welcome to the forum, a very well written intro i must agree. Have a great stay.
Old 14th February 2006, 18:20   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic
Dear Autophiles,

Four years have gone past, have got myself an MBA, 2 yrs of work ex, a wife and now am into a consulting role with a Spend management firm.
Spend Management ...Interesting...Howz the Business man..How are the Ariba's & i2's of the world doing ??
Old 14th February 2006, 18:50   #9
BHPian

Its hardly been a couple of hours since i posted my intro in the domain and am already feeling at home. Looking forward to bounce a few ideas in the forum soon!

cheers
Old 17th February 2006, 18:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the forum, buddy. And a nice intro at that.
Old 28th February 2006, 19:05   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic
Its hardly been a couple of hours since i posted my intro in the domain and am already feeling at home. Looking forward to bounce a few ideas in the forum soon!
cheers
hey rams welcome to the forum,
its been quite some time since i've posted on the forum, and it would be wise to break the hiatus with this one. hope to catchya on the forum pretty often.
i assume you've gone thru the rules section to post here .

PS: to all the other TBHPians', this guy here has been a very close buddy of mine for more than a decade.
he was a bit saddened about the ikon 1.6 being stopped.
is there a chance of getting the 1.6 in chennai (New One).. please post you replys if you know about it or PM me.
thanks,
AK
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks