Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 17:36   #1

hi everyone!

hi everyone,

I'm Tarun makhija, from noida. i've been such a major fan of this site! although i've been consulting the vast ocean of knowledge on this site for anything i wanted to know about cars for over 2 years, i thought it was time i formally got involved in the sharing of knowledge. thought what better way to start than to intro myself and tell a little about myself.
i've been a petrolhead for as far back as i remember. memorizing car names n makers was a kindergarden hobby. got the hang of driving by the age of 7 while sitting in my dad's lap in our Maruti Omni back in the day.
drove 'unattended' in 7th grade. i'd be lying if i said, it was an uneventful drive. broke a tail light n came back with a fender bender on my M800. all this happened within our housing society. i like to play by the rules so officially drove with a legal license only after the age of 18.
soon after, learned handbrake turns, wheel-spins, and various techniques to fine tune my driving skills.
by college i was into motorsports. participated in a couple of closed-circuit rallies, but motorsports being an expensive game, our middle class status couldnt keep up. then on i've been taking care of my ladies (Zen, Esteem, Swift and now the Linea) and planning on building my own car some day. have a few prototypes in mind, waiting for the resources to start to fall in place. will be posting about my ownership experience with the Fiat linea very soon
Old 29th August 2011, 21:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: hi everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarun.makhija View Post
and planning on building my own car some day.
That's interesting. That is a major engineering project. Some knowledge of your background would be illuminating.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 29th August 2011, 22:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP.

Noida/G Noida would be the motorsports mecca in years to come. good luck with your passion and dreams.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 15:28   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
That's interesting. That is a major engineering project. Some knowledge of your background would be illuminating.

Regards
Sutripta
hey Sutripta,

well actually i have no engineering background whatsoever, but what i do have is automotive bent of mind. i've been opening up my toys n studying them since childhood. i used to have a small RC car when i was in 7th grade and i have opened it up and tried to add a small disk-brake mechanism on the rear axle to make it silde better. i had all the parts i needed, but being in 7th i couldnt find a way to control the brake via the remote (didnt wanna fiddle with the electronics part of it) and didnt have the resources at that time to change the remote related parts all together to incorporate the braking functionality. since then i've been drawing suspensions, steering mechanisms, and other such mechanisms, in my spare time. i've just finished drawing an electric go-kart that i plan to start my car-building experiments with. since i'm not an engineer by education, most of my work wud be either logic based, or hit n trial, but since i love to do this, it wont seem like a 'mission'. presently searching for an electric motor controller that can work as the throttle control of my go-kart. once i have all the parts covered, i'll start assembling the whole thing together. the longest and most tedious part wud be making the frame/chassis. that'll require the most hit n trial R&D. fingers crossed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed