Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 15:12   #1
BHPian

Team-BHP - Membership Approved!!!!!

The mail I desperately wanted to see is finally here!!!!

Hi Guys,

My name is Shome...Bodhisatwa Shome (Sorry for the cliche but I am kind of on cloud 9 after getting accepted in this community).

I am from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra working as a Project Manager in a Clinical Research Organisation called Quintiles Transnational.

Driving...for me thats the only thing that makes me calm and relaxed after a tiring and hectic day at work. Whether be it in on the highways or through the (in)famous Mumbai traffic on the pottle riddled roads of Mumbai; a set of wheels is all that I need to cool off.

I started driving in my Granddads Premier Padmini. Then graduated to my dads Maruti Omni. Then came the Hyundai Accent (GLX) wayback in Dec 2001...Dad's again and we still have it! Been driving that ever since till I could buy my own car.

Now my babe is a car which is not too favourable with the fellow BHPites...a Blue A-star ZXI. I dont know why but my funda has always been to buy the top-end model of whichever car you buy. And considering the drivabilty of the A-Star as compared to the i10 and the rest, I just loved it way too much.

More on my A-star in an ownership review later.

We have now booked the Fluidic Verna VTVT SX(O) 1.6. Yeah, a petrol. This is for my dad who considers Diesel as the fuel of Satan . The car's been allocated to the Dealer, we have paid the full amount and the delivery is expected within 20 days (fingers crossed!)

Attached a pic of my babe! Upsized the footware and got door visors since.

And Thanks Team-BHP for approving and accepting me in this community!

Cheers!
Shome
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP - Membership Approved!!!!!-dsc00273.jpg  

Old 11th September 2011, 01:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP - Membership Approved!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
The mail I desperately wanted to see is finally here!!!!
Hey Shome! Welcome to the team!

Very nice intro, I enjoyed reading it The line about diesel being the fuel of Satan had me in splits!

The A star is good choice, fun-to-drive and handles quite well too. Great choice as long as you don't need to ferry people in the rear seat all the time.

Cheers!
Old 11th September 2011, 06:44   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Hey Shome! Welcome to the team!

Very nice intro, I enjoyed reading it The line about diesel being the fuel of Satan had me in splits!

The A star is good choice, fun-to-drive and handles quite well too. Great choice as long as you don't need to ferry people in the rear seat all the time.

Cheers!
Hey Anekho, thanks for the welcome. Yes, being a bachelor, the A-star suits prefectly for my needs. The rear seats are only for dumping the back-pack and the laptop .

P.S: Watch the episode on Top gear where Jeremy Clarkson interviews Louis Hamilton. Thats where the Satan's fuel comes from
Old 11th September 2011, 08:10   #4
BHPian

Congrats SHOME and welcome into Team Bhp forum, i too incidentally own A Star, it needs a special handling skill according to me. The car has lovely pick up and decent milege, in the initial phase one might be disappointed with 11 kms per litre in city gradually one can see it go upto 14kms. On highways on 5 th gear it can give a decent 19.7 kms with AC on and 20+ without AC
Old 11th September 2011, 09:25   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard Shome. Enjoyed reading your intro. Being a new member myself, I can imagine the elation

I am not a big Maruti fan and have never driven the A-Star, so can't comment on its capabilities. But hope you enjoy lots of fun-filled miles in your baby.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:42   #6
BHPian

ukderebail: Thanks for the welcome. Agree on the figures. looks like there are quite a few A star owners here

Deepchat: Thanks and a big warm welcome to you too! The A-star is good only till you utilize space till the B pillar. There on, its like a pigeon hole. But I have enjoyed driving each and every of the 38,500 kms that i have clocked till date.
Old 11th September 2011, 19:27   #7
BHPian

He Shome, Welcome to Team BHP. I know how it feels, being a new member myself and I am from Navi Mumbai aswell.
Liked the intro you have posted.

Cheers!
Old 11th September 2011, 21:14   #8
BHPian

Hi Shome,
Welcome aboard to Team BHP, I am sure you would enjoy your stay here. Nice to know about the reference to Top Gear, I was just wondering.

Cheers...venks
Old 11th September 2011, 23:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecguy7166 View Post
He Shome, Welcome to Team BHP. I know how it feels, being a new member myself and I am from Navi Mumbai aswell.
Liked the intro you have posted.

Cheers!
Thanks VtecGuy. I blieve there are others from Navi Mumbai as well. We should plan a mini meet some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venks View Post
Hi Shome,
Welcome aboard to Team BHP, I am sure you would enjoy your stay here. Nice to know about the reference to Top Gear, I was just wondering.

Cheers...venks
Thanks Venks. Welcome to you too. I love Top gear. One of the most well presented Car shows till date.
Old 12th September 2011, 00:53   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks VtecGuy. I blieve there are others from Navi Mumbai as well. We should plan a mini meet some time.

Would love to. Btw I am put up in Nerul. How about you?
Old 12th September 2011, 00:58   #11
BHPian

hey, welcome aboard, lovely intro there! Though i am not a fan of the A-Star but I have heard good things about it from a friend of mine who owns it. I run on the elder sibling swift and absolutely love it

It would be fun to do a mini navi mumbai meet, though i am not from navi mumbai, i am close being @ chembur!
Old 12th September 2011, 11:04   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Vtecguy...Seawoods next to Ice n Spice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
hey, welcome aboard, lovely intro there! Though i am not a fan of the A-Star but I have heard good things about it from a friend of mine who owns it. I run on the elder sibling swift and absolutely love it . It would be fun to do a mini navi mumbai meet, though i am not from navi mumbai, i am close being @ chembur!

Bigblackshark, thanks buddy. I think A star is a car which the owners love and is mainly bought by people who dont ferry people in the back seats. Swift is a great car. Saw you introductory thread as well. Nicely written and a warm welcome to you too. Lets see if we can cook something up for a mini meet and all are welcome. The more the merrier
Old 12th September 2011, 11:33   #13
BHPian

Welcome aboard! Congratulations on both your purchases! I have not driven an A-star but have sat in it. The one thing i noticed is the A/C on it! Man its chilling!

I can assure you that you will love that car, after all I drive its elder sister, the Swift!
Old 12th September 2011, 16:22   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Welcome aboard! Congratulations on both your purchases! I have not driven an A-star but have sat in it. The one thing i noticed is the A/C on it! Man its chilling!

I can assure you that you will love that car, after all I drive its elder sister, the Swift!
Thanks Lamboguy. I love the A star. Have had it for over 2 years now and already done close to 39000 Kms. The AC indeed is chilling.
Old 12th September 2011, 18:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Vtecguy...Seawoods next to Ice n Spice!
First of all congrats Shome on your Team-BHP membership. Its really gives a felling of cloud nine on receiving the approval mail.
Good to see so many bhpians from Navi Mumbai. We all should definitely have a small meet, what do you all say.
I'm at Palm Beach, Near Moraj Residency.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks