Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 11:53   #1
BHPian

Helloooo

A few days back I got my T-BHP membership approved and straightaway I started posting to the thread that I had been reading up for the past few weeks.

I hope it is not too late for an introduction.

I am Saurabh from Bangalore. I had always dreamt of two things in life:
  1. The day I get my hands on a guitar, I'll be able to play it like a bollywood hero
  2. The day I get my hands on any car/bike I'll be able to figure out a way to get the machine to move to my wishes
Well the first dream was shattered a few years ago when after a few classes I gave up my dream of playing a guitar.

But on the second one, I have not done too bad. Once I get the first gear right - there is no stopping me on any vehicle - be it a scooter, motorcycle, car, truck or a tractor - yes, I have tried them all!

I love to drive for the love of driving rather than being focused on getting to the destination. I am bad at picking a destination for my families next vacation, but am always game so long it involves a road trip.

Here are my past, present and future wheels:
  • Nissan Altima GXE - past
  • Tata Indica V2 Lxi Petrol - past
  • Honda City ZX VTec - present
  • Royal Enfield Classic 500 - FUTURE
Apart from driving my other interests are movies, music and anything else that is dished out on the idiot box.

Currently I am counting my days to get my hands on Royal Enfield Classic 500 which I have booked on 15th Aug, 2011. I have never owned a two wheeler, don't even have a license for driving a two wheeler but have been in love with this majestic bike ever since I can remember. Finally went ahead and booked it last month and followed it up with a visit to RTO for a learners license.

That's it for now.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Helloooo

Welcome aboard Saurabh

Good luck with the waiting period! 15th August. You picked a nice day to book the Classic!
Old 20th September 2011, 13:38   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Got news for you- no Bollywood hero knows how to play the guitar (with the exception of Saif Ali Khan!)

But I do- so fel free to ask for tips

Welcome Saurabh. Were you overseas when you drove the Altima? Look forward to interacting with you on these forums.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:50   #4
BHPian

Thanks Amitoj.

Noopster - are you kidding me! Next you'll tell me that Amitabh cannot ride an Enfield and cannot put it up on stand - I don't know how to describe it - "khadey - khadey". Get real man, Movies is the only reality - rest all is an illusion. Trust me on the first part of the statement and watch Matrix for the second part.

On a serious note, thanks for making me feel at home with your welcome messages.

I used to drive the Altima while in US - loved it's awesome power and have cursed myself for not having pushed it's limits.

On the guitar front, the pain in the fingers is too unbearable so have switched to crooning bollywood numbers - mostly in the bath and sometimes with close friends.
Old 20th September 2011, 22:39   #5
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP, from one newbie to another.
Amitabh's most memorable motorcycle riding scene was in Mukaddar ka Sikander - don't think that was an Enfield. Looked like a Yezdi to me.
Old 21st September 2011, 20:04   #6
BHPian

You are right Mr. Sinha - In Muquaddar ka Sikandar it is not a bullet, but a smaller bike - not sure if it is a Yezdi either - don't remember. But I think I have seen Amitabh riding a bullet in movies like Bombay to Goa and Andhaa Kanoon - will google
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks