Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 04:52   #1

And so begins the drive of a Lifetime!! Hello!

Hi Team BHPians,

Its an absolute priviledge to finally be a part of this fantastic community! The depth and detail of this forum simply blows you away!!

As an introduction, Abhishek's the name (no prizes for guessing!!), currently in Kolkata, which is also my hometown, working with IBM and trying to pick up the nuances of photography in my spare time. But time or no time, driving does not and will not wait . I currently own a Santro Xing and an Chevy Beat. The Santro has seen through quite a lot of my need to just drive off into the sunrise (or sunset, for that matter!) and is still going strong. I recently did a Kolkata- Rajgir-Nalanda-Kolkata trip and loved it!

Automobiles and driving have been quite a passion from childhood (tried steering a parked Mahindra Jeep down a slope when I was in Class 1, and almost toppled it!) and I hope to broaden my horizons through this community. In fact, the highlight has been actually driving a diesel locomotive around a loco shed (my uncle is in the Railways, sssshhhh!), the power is unbelievable, the noise, well!! Someday soon I hope to own a 4x4 and experience a bit of that power on the roads!

Super thrilled to be a part of this community and my sincere Thanks to all the moderators who are doing a fantastic job of keeping this Team the way it is.

I hope to get to know the BHPians better as I begin this journey and as they say 'May the road never end' !!

Abhishek
Old 9th October 2011, 11:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: And so begins the drive of a Lifetime!! Hello!

Welcome to the forum Abhishek. Good to see a fellow member from Kolkata. Do enjoy your time on the forum, and feel free to ask anything automotive (or non )!
Old 9th October 2011, 14:39   #3

Thank you Predatorwheelz, I definitely will.
Old 10th October 2011, 13:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome on board and we promise to be 'Huusssshhh' about the locomotive!
Old 10th October 2011, 17:48   #5
BHPian

Welcome on board Abhishek. Congrats and best wishes for a fantastic journey ahead. Do take some time to read the forum rules. We look forward to lots of contribution from you.
Old 10th October 2011, 17:52   #6

Thank you XetaGLGRocks and Puchoo, I sincerely hope to be able to contribute my bit towards this fantastic community of petrol-heads!
Old 10th October 2011, 21:21   #7
BHPian

Welcome to the Forum Abhishek. Driving a loco...now thats one of the fantasies I have. One in my bucket list actually
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks