Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2006, 14:57   #1

That's me there in the Corner...

Hi there. A stranger in town, feeling my way through... seems like a fun place this.

Well, here's to introductions. Am 39, based in Delhi, work as an advertising writer. Love my Palio Sport 2003 model, gives me a bang. Took her to the mountains on weekend trips four times last year, she's quite the ripper. A Fiat fan, it just isn't right the way things turned out for them in India. But there's hope yet.

Of the new stuff I've read about, my heart beats for the Yeti from Skoda. Just the small SUV we city slickers need (but can't get!) Distance, I guess, makes the heart grow fonder. Am now looking for a Mahindra Classic (post 1995, if possible) to buy in delhi ASAP. If anyone knows the whereabouts and general thingummies of said machine, please give me a buzz. Will be a great help.

Trip on travelling and rock music, though the gears have gone a bit rusty by now. Some silly stuff I did in 1999, here's a link: www.cybersteering.com/cruise/feature/woody/route.html

Seeya guys around. Dish out a reply. Uddalak

Last edited by Uddalakgupta : 6th March 2006 at 14:59.
Old 6th March 2006, 15:18   #2
BHPian

Hey Uddalak! Welcome to TBHP... hope you have a rip-roaring time here.
Your name is really unique... I havent heard anyone with the name before... what does it mean?

So which advertising agency do you work for?

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 6th March 2006, 15:22   #3
BHPian

Hey buddy

Welcome to the group, great to hear from another palio owner, well I own a S10 and absolutely love it.

I see your snap with a santro !!!

Cheers...Major
Old 6th March 2006, 15:31   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Uddalak, and welcome to the Team-BHP.

Heres some links that may help you during your search for a Classic:

Link 1

Link 2

Will surely update you if any Classic comes around for sale. However, there is a chance that you will have to spend a good amount getting it back to shape. The last Classic was manufactured in 1998. Thus, the minimum you are looking at is 8 year old vehicle.

GTO
Old 6th March 2006, 16:30   #5

Rapid Fire Round

thanks, mates for the quick responses.

ghost, about the name, since you asked... it's from vedic times, he was the favourite disciple of aruni rishi and the father of nachiketa. was a 'learned one' with many stories about his devotion to his guru and his wisdom, if you get my drift. maneka gandhi's book of names though, describes it enigmatically enough: 'burnt wide open'. don't know where she got that one from!

major, glad you checked the link, it was from 1999 about a 5000 km mumbai-spiti-mumbai saga when i didn't know how to drive! bummed a ride in my friend's new santro, and played navigator.

gto (what's it stand for?), i'd already checked the 2 links earlier this morning, your piece on the classic was a beaut. if you get any dope on a classic in delhi, pass it along. shall consult with you, should i hear of anything.

ciao now. uddalak

Last edited by Uddalakgupta : 6th March 2006 at 16:35.
Old 6th March 2006, 17:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey uddalakgupta welcome to the forum.

Have fun and hope you get a good classic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks