Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 23:25   #1
BHPian

Overwhelmed !!!

Hey everyone,

Overwhelmed is the feeling I got when I received the mail that my membership has been approved. Suffice to say, I am thrilled.

I am from Delhi but right now living in Bangalore. My right brain wants to go back to Delhi but my left brain wants to settle down in Bangalore. Oh the pleasant weather.

I have owned Maruti 800 DX, the classic zen, Accent and now an Altis.
Altis is being used by family in Delhi so am planning to buy a car to use in Bangalore but that is a story for another thread. Hoping to get some great advice from fellow Bhpians.

I like to spend my free time watching American telly. Dexter, Breaking Bad, House, Big Bang Theory are some I am following presently
Cheers,
Old 5th November 2011, 20:48   #2

Re: Overwhelmed !!!

Congrats on becoming a Team BHP'ian dude! I too am a newbie here (as you can probably tell), however I apparently still haven't figured out how to get a new topic like this one of yours', reflected on Team BHP!

I mean, I did create it about a three days ago, but it still hasn't reflected anywhere! Hence, either Team BHP's content approval team is lousy and lethargic taking their own sweet time in approving my post, or I didn't do it right (which is highly improbable) or Team BHP may have felt the contents of my post to be profane or inappropriate (which again, I highly doubt!). I even emailed them (via my personal id and also via the Contact Us Form herewith), but no revert yet. :-|

Could you kindly enlighten me on how long it took for your first post to get approved?

Thanks.

(I'm actually very embarrassed; I mean, I'm 27 and my profile exemplifies the fact that I'm 'well-educated' to say the least!). I've joined, what I presumed to be a 'free-for-all' forum for motor-heads, but it's so irritating that your first 25 or so posts would get monitored before it's reflected in the forum, which they promise to be within 24hrs (in which case I'd still be fine with the whole "approval" process).; well, but I'd beg to differ on that now! I mean...Where are we...In Kindergarten?)

P.S.: I posted this note to you on the 5th Nov' 11, I wouldn't be surprised if you this only after a few days! :-|
Old 5th November 2011, 23:13   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyworld View Post
Hoping to get some great advice from fellow Bhpians.
A warm welcome sunnyworld!. Do share your ownership experiences to enlighten fellow members.

And.. yes.. I can assure you that you will get the best advice available online!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram R. View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you this only after a few days! :-|
Chill dude!!.. Actually, when I was a newbie,I was surprised about the fact that, quires get answered within an hour, and almost ALL moderator actions happen within the hour.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 23:19   #4
BHPian

Hey sunnyworld,

Welcome aboard this wonderful forum. Does your handle indicate to your new potential ride? I mean Sunny from Nissan, by any chance?

Anyways, hope you have a fulfilling stay here.

Quote:
Congrats on becoming a Team BHP'ian dude! I too am a newbie here (as you can probably tell), however I apparently still haven't figured out how to get a new topic like this one of yours', reflected on Team BHP!

I mean, I did create it about a three days ago, but it still hasn't reflected anywhere! Hence, either Team BHP's content approval team is lousy and lethargic taking their own sweet time in approving my post, or I didn't do it right (which is highly improbable) or Team BHP may have felt the contents of my post to be profane or inappropriate (which again, I highly doubt!). I even emailed them (via my personal id and also via the Contact Us Form herewith), but no revert yet. :-|

Could you kindly enlighten me on how long it took for your first post to get approved?

Thanks.

(I'm actually very embarrassed; I mean, I'm 27 and my profile exemplifies the fact that I'm 'well-educated' to say the least!). I've joined, what I presumed to be a 'free-for-all' forum for motor-heads, but it's so irritating that your first 25 or so posts would get monitored before it's reflected in the forum, which they promise to be within 24hrs (in which case I'd still be fine with the whole "approval" process).; well, but I'd beg to differ on that now! I mean...Where are we...In Kindergarten?)

P.S.: I posted this note to you on the 5th Nov' 11, I wouldn't be surprised if you this only after a few days! :-|
Hey Ram R., welcome aboard you too!

You can create a new introductory thread by going to Forum>>Introduce yourself.

Please do read the Team-bhp rules and guidance on how to post an intro - available in the section.

Now click on "New Topic" and you're on!

Please also familiarize yourself with various other team-bhp guidelines in Forum>>Announcements section.

Hope you have a fulfilling time on the forum. I was a Newbie not long ago and would like to give you comfort that the team-bhp moderators do an amazing job and your post would typically reflect within minutes of your posting.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 00:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Hey Ram, First of all congrats on becoming the T-BHP member.
My experience with regards to content approval is surprisingly pleasant. My posts were approved within an hour's time (almost) so you must have caught the team moderators at a busy time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Hey sunnyworld,

Welcome aboard this wonderful forum. Does your handle indicate to your new potential ride? I mean Sunny from Nissan, by any chance?

Anyways, hope you have a fulfilling stay here.
Well, Yes and No. I started looking for a car around 6 months ago. Booked the old Swift (hoping to get in time for the new swift) 3 months ago and then the strike happened. I didn't like the new Swift though. Its going to be my only car here and the VDI does not have ABS,Airbags + no boot space. However, I have not cancelled booking as yet. I am a die hard fan of Honda cars and always loved Jazz. After the price adjustment, booked Jazz last month but then the floods happened. Meanwhile, wife decided to check Sunny and the base model on road was almost equal to mid-variant Jazz plus the 1.5L engine plus space. So, almost decided to settle for Sunny.
However, I got to see by chance, the interiors of the base model and they completely put me off. So, wife still wants the space and I am reluctant to buy the base model. So, therefore, still deciding.

and yes, wife choose d my "handle" here as she was just not satisifed by handling me in real life
Old 6th November 2011, 10:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Ram.R.! So your posts have begun to appear on the forum. I don't think this is a "free-for-all". The initial 25 post moderation limit serves the purpose of reinforcing the rules and also ensure that the posts are of good quality.

I have always found the moderators helpful, responsive and friendly. They do rigorously implement the forum rules. And the members have agreed to rules at the time of seeking membership. It shouldn't therefore come as a surprise to you.

The moderators are motor enthusiasts and volunteer their time on the forum. I don't think that they are attempting to slight any member. They just ensure that every post that you read is generally meaningful - and not wasteful of your time.

I am sure you'll enjoy the forum and we'll benefit from your posts.
SushilBajpai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 23:55   #7
BHPian

Welcome to the forum sir !! You will get the best brains on automobiles here (not me. I'm still a kid compared to others here) and from my experience... I can assure you that you are gonna have a great great time
Old 7th November 2011, 00:59   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
A warm welcome sunnyworld!. Do share your ownership experiences to enlighten fellow members.

And.. yes.. I can assure you that you will get the best advice available online!.

Chill dude!!.. Actually, when I was a newbie,I was surprised about the fact that, quires get answered within an hour, and almost ALL moderator actions happen within the hour.
I have read some of the ownership thread here on TBHP and truth be told I am kind of in awe with the level of details in the ownership threads. All the cars I talked about have been sold except for Altis which is NOW my brothers car in Delhi. Once i can make up my mind about which car to buy, I will try to attempt an ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalsyed View Post
Welcome to the forum sir !! You will get the best brains on automobiles here (not me. I'm still a kid compared to others here) and from my experience... I can assure you that you are gonna have a great great time
Thanks for the warm welcome. Really appreciate it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed