Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2011, 02:29   #1
BHPian

On Cloud 9 !!! Finally made it to TeamBHP

Hello everyone

After a lot of tries I've finally been accepted as part of the huge family of petrolheads that is Team-BHP. First of all a very big THANK YOU to the moderators who saw it fit for me to become a member of this highly respected community. You cannot even begin to imagine the amount of JOY I am having at being finally accepted here. Thanks a lot.

Been a lover of all things automotive, whether the diecast model cars of my childhood, to my first real machine, the Ford Figo, cars and bikes have never failed to grab my attention. Whether it is the slickest to the whackiest of mods, everything brings out the child in me.

I have been at the steering wheel of our grey Premier Padmini since my second standard. I still remember my dad taking me out for a short drive every night after 9. I would sit on his lap and even though my legs wouldnt even come close to the pedals, my dad never ceased to give me a lesson or two. And thus began my automotive journey.

Come 2003, when my legs actually started reaching the pedals, my dad took me for a drive on a Sunday in our Cyprus Blue Zen VX. I was finally allowed to sit on my own in the driver's seat in a vast open field. I turned on the ignition, slotted the car into 1st gear, and as i released the car, i stalled it. My first two attempts resulted in similar stalls. My dad being somewhat of an automotive enthusiast seemed to be loosing faith in his son by the minute. Finally managed to roll the car without stalling it at the fifth attempt. By then my dad was murmuring something about me spoiling the gearbox with my flimsy starts. But after that every Sunday was a lesson for me in driving.

It was only in my 10th standard that I was allowed to have my own car a silver Maruti 800 DX which was the newly launched model with the revamped headlamps. I remember the headlamps even had levellers, something that was absent in our Zen. The brakes of the Maruti,however, were disastrous in rain. But i had a lot of fun in that car. Sad that my dad had to sell it after I shifted to Delhi to complete my 10+2 studies. I think even till this day, the Maruti 800 has remained one of my favorite cars and I wish to own one hopefully in the future, if Maruti does continue to make it that is.

Speeding up the clock to 5th October, 2010. Bangalore. My Squeeze green petrol Ford Figo Zxi is delivered at Metro Ford Palace Cross Road. The details of how i ended up buying my first car or rather buying a car totally on my own (the finances of course being arranged by my parents) is reserved for another day in the ownership thread.

Few pointers noticed in the Intro thread that I should touch upon in a medically related way :P
Patient is a 21 year old, male, Undergraduate student in Medicine.
Patient comes with symptoms of Addiction to all things automotive.
Chief complaints are -1) Dizziness at the sound of well tuned exhausts and engines, especially V8 F1 engines, free flow exhausts.
2)Syncopal attacks at the sight of supercars.
3)Patient seems to have a dislike of people who turn into racers at every signal, cutting lanes on the highway, and having little concern about traffic rules. However the patient does enjoy beating such people to the green light
4) Patient has a tendency to thumbs up every Team-BHP member car that he crosses on the road whether in an auto or bike or car. He seems to have so much admiration for this group of drivers that he has been trying for quite sometime to be a member.

Preferential diagnosis- Patient seems to be a case of the Petrolhead syndrome. Symptoms relieved either by driving or hanging out in the forums of Team-BHP.
Patient has been referred to Team-BHP by bumper stickers and Facebook page.

Current Interests - Buying an Enfield Classic 500. A bit ambitious but waiting for the right opportunity to ask my parents. I ride my friend's Thunderbird time to time but have a desire to own the Classic 500 one day. However i feel that with the newer generation Unit construction engines, the thump has somewhat dampened.
And something that interests me from the day I got its diecast model is the Porsche Boxster. An affordable everyday sports car I feel, but can only own it after having accumulated sufficient Vitamin M of my own

Outside the Automotive field my interests are varied. I like to modelling stuff in 3DS Max and also love using Photoshop.Just a beginner though. Also Im a huge movie buff. Mostly hollywood movies. Bollywood sadly seems to have lost the charm of yesteryears :(
Also technology has always been my passion, whether it be mobile technology or computers or automotive.

Cars I previously owned -
1. Premier Padmini
2. Zen VX
3. Maruti 800 DX

Currently owned cars
1. Santro Xing XO
2. Ford Figo Petrol Zxi
3. Something of a surprise my Dad has planned.. yet to find out what he has bought.

Wish to own
1. Bentley Continental GT supersports
2. Porsche Boxter
3. 1934 Ford Model B hot rod
4. 1969 Dodge Charger
5. 1967 Shelby Mustang
6. Bmw 535i
7. Audi A4
8. Mini Cooper Classic - the ones in the Michael Caine Italian Job
I guess I've dragged my post far too long and thus plan to end it here for now.
Thanks again Team- BHP for letting me also be a part of your team.

For the uninitiated - Syncopal attack is the medical term for "fainting".
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 22:10   #2
BHPian

Re: On Cloud 9 !!! Finally made it to TeamBHP

welcome aboard brother. you have taken the first step, may the journey of a thousand miles (and more) be pleasant and safe. cheers.
smally is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 23:36   #3
BHPian

thanks for the warm welcome @Smally. the journey has been long 9850kms to be specific
and yet there are miles to go before i sleep...
hopefully now Ive got the perfect group of friends with whom i can share my automotive obsessiveness without being ridiculed. God only knows how long Ive waited to be a member here
Old 21st November 2011, 00:07   #4
BHPian

Few photos of my baby taken during my trip to Hogenakkal Falls with my friends in February this year

On Cloud 9 !!! Finally made it to TeamBHP-163763_496653152074_645277074_6265284_2975624_n.jpg

On Cloud 9 !!! Finally made it to TeamBHP-166383_496652252074_645277074_6265253_2039132_n.jpg

On Cloud 9 !!! Finally made it to TeamBHP-168984_496653057074_645277074_6265282_6227155_n.jpg

On Cloud 9 !!! Finally made it to TeamBHP-169000_496652112074_645277074_6265249_7375356_n.jpg

Comments appreciated.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd November 2011 at 09:56. Reason: Please see : Announcements > How to upload pictures > How to insert images into your post
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:04   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard man,

Great intro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Outside the Automotive field my interests are varied. I like to modelling stuff in 3DS Max and also love using Photoshop.Just a beginner though.
Check out these threads, they should interest you:

3DS
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-maya-etc.html

Photoshop
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rt-thread.html

cya
R
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:02   #6
BANNED

Congrats on making it into the family.
That was a nice and descriptive introduction.

A warm welcome to the community. I am sure, you'll enjoy every bit and byte here.

Diesel_power
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Welcome aboard man,

Great intro!

Check out these threads, they should interest you:

3DS
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-maya-etc.html

Photoshop
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rt-thread.html

cya
R
Thanks for the warm welcome. i did check out the threads. They were amazing. The Padmini hot rod grabbed my attention in the 3DS thread. If not for you sir, Id never have known such a thread existed.
I was a regular visitor to the photoshop thread. Amazing collections out there. Have you seen the Amby hotrod pics?? God it was so amazing. I really need to get hold of my previous Padmini. God knows how the current owners are taking care of it :(

Thanks once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_power
Congrats on making it into the family.
That was a nice and descriptive introduction.

A warm welcome to the community. I am sure, you'll enjoy every bit and byte here.

Diesel_power
Thank you Diesel_power for the welcome. I wish the whole of India gets familiar with TeamBHP. I dont think anyone in their right minds would be subscribing to any auto magazine after finding out about TeamBHP.
I feel this is one community of real people who are giving a serious competition to the car magazines
Cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd November 2011 at 16:15. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread, & yep i've seen the Amby, Thanks.
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Hello everyone

Currently owned cars
1. Santro Xing XO
2. Ford Figo Petrol Zxi
3. Something of a surprise my Dad has planned.. yet to find out what he has bought.
Boy, you are one lucky guy. My dad never surprised me that way. Anyway, welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing more from you.
riturajsharma19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 16:25   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
Boy, you are one lucky guy. My dad never surprised me that way. Anyway, welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing more from you.
Thanks for the welcome riturajsharma19
Thing is I happen to know from my relatives what the surprise is :P but since daddyji is not telling it yet Im only praying its true as mummyji also refusing to tell me what car it is. All i know he's got a new car. He has given hints here and there in phone conversations that he has bought "something big, etc etc, some car".

I'll get to know it only after a month or so when I go back home.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:12   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard Partha. That's one a wonderful and medically innovative introduction and made me grin widely

Do take a look at the rules and announcement sections and have fun on the forum

See you around

Cheers
Mobike008
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:04   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Welcome aboard Partha. That's one a wonderful and medically innovative introduction and made me grin widely

Do take a look at the rules and announcement sections and have fun on the forum

See you around

Cheers
Mobike008
haha the medical part as a result of previous night's preparation for exams

Thanks for the welcome.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks